• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Springboks - Eden Park, Sept 14th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
I reckon that all the Boks need to win the RC is to get a bonus point here and stop the ABs scoring 4+ tries, and then win the remaining games at home (vs Wallabies and ABs).

SA are on 14 points with a large point differential, NZ on 13 points.

In the above scenario, NZ get 4 from Auckland, may get 4 or 5 in Argentina, then, say, 1 from SA leaving them on 23 at most.

SA get 1 in Auckland, 4 or 5 at home from Aus, 4 at home from NZ, leaving them on 23 at least.

SA then take it on superior point differential.

However, ignoring all this, I'm really, really looking forward to this game.

How do you guys think the scrums are going to go? I think there's a real chance of SA getting the upper hand there.

Think it depends on the refereeing. The ABs struggled in the scrum against the Argies this past weekend. They responded by packing lower and lower until they were lying flat on their face, but Garcas let it go.

If the referee insists on decent level at the engage, if think we can have them in the scrum.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry Paarl, the mocker gods don't accept such blatant baiting!!!

Paarl starts at 40-0 loss to his favoured team regardless of the circumstances. The Jinx Gods are well aware of this. What he is saying is that the AIG''s may win in a close mach by less than 12 points, and if Sir Richoe GOAT was playing the margin may be slightly larger.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Think it depends on the refereeing. The ABs struggled in the scrum against the Argies this past weekend. They responded by packing lower and lower until they were lying flat on their face, but Garcas let it go.

If the referee insists on decent level at the engage, if think we can have them in the scrum.

The Battleship will trouble the AIG's.

With Sir Richie selected for Team Rehab, I'm not sure that they will hve an effective counter to him.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Hopefully O. Franks will be back. His core strength appears to be better than Charlie's when the heat is n at scrum time. Crockett still has issues on the engage but his second shove from LH was very good I thought putting pressure on Figallo and the replacement. Dane Coles did seem to struggle a bit though.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Hopefully O. Franks will be back. His core strength appears to be better than Charlie's when the heat is n at scrum time. Crockett still has issues on the engage but his second shove from LH was very good I thought putting pressure on Figallo and the replacement. Dane Coles did seem to struggle a bit though.

Worth recalling that O Franks conceded a pair of penalties for collapsing despite the dominance NZ enjoyed in BC games.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Counting down the days with eagerness for Saturday.
This match will raise far more questions than it answers regardless of the result and margin.

The fact the Boks could be the number 1 side in the world again if they take the chocolates in Auckland excites me quite a bit and if they manage to do so Fortress Eden Park's 19 year All Black winning streak will be broken.

I don't usually punt on matches that my sides play in, but with the Boks getting a $1.90 converted try head start at the tote I might have to rethink my position leading up to Saturday.

All Blacks by 5 in a tough forwards dictated game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Worth recalling that O Franks conceded a pair of penalties for collapsing despite the dominance NZ enjoyed in BC games.
Their fatties specially Crockett got away a lot in S15 rugby. Hopefull Dr and Beast will scrum according to the ref and they'll get penalised IF the ref have enough guts. Steyn will hurt them. Franks also do a lot of shite away from the ball. Thats exactly where our danger is. Our mongrels like Battleship, Ysterbeth, Klein Flippie and Duanne must keep their cool and play within the laws. If they do, the war will be won halfway. Steyn & the fancy backs will determine the score.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I reckon that all the Boks need to win the RC is to get a bonus point here and stop the ABs scoring 4+ tries, and then win the remaining games at home (vs Wallabies and ABs).

SA are on 14 points with a large point differential, NZ on 13 points.

In the above scenario, NZ get 4 from Auckland, may get 4 or 5 in Argentina, then, say, 1 from SA leaving them on 23 at most.

SA get 1 in Auckland, 4 or 5 at home from Aus, 4 at home from NZ, leaving them on 23 at least.

SA then take it on superior point differential.
To much mathmatics there Boet. Bliksem the All Blacks in NZ is the sweetest of victories any team can taste.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Steyn & the fancy backs will determine the score.

The Aussie's had the pace of the game dictated to them by the Boks on Saturday, but this week it's more than likely they won't have that luxury of controlling the game, thus ruling out any back on either side determining the score.

If previous matches are anything to go on it will be a game of fleeting moments and swinging momentum with discipline, tactical nous and quick thinking being the difference between the two.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I fear that the game will be determined by Sir.

Someone in Blick or Green will either do a lifting tackle or 2 x professional foul and get carded and it will be 14 vs 15.

The potential spectacle of two bull wildebeest going head to head for king of the Serengeti will fizzle when one of the wildebeest pulls a hamtring.

Awesome day of footy coming up. Shute Shield GF as the curtain raiser for two TRC games. Can't wait.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Their fatties specially Crockett got away a lot in S15 rugby. Hopefull Dr and Beast will scrum according to the ref and they'll get penalised IF the ref have enough guts. Steyn will hurt them. Franks also do a lot of shite away from the ball. Thats exactly where our danger is. Our mongrels like Battleship, Ysterbeth, Klein Flippie and Duanne must keep their cool and play within the laws. If they do, the war will be won halfway. Steyn & the fancy backs will determine the score.

Paarl surely you're not suggesting that Battleship, Ysterbeth, Klein Flippie and Duanne do things outside the laws? Not these fine upstanding (rugby) law abiding players. Or is it that they get away with stuff also, on and away from the ball..

:)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl surely you're not suggesting that Battleship, Ysterbeth, Klein Flippie and Duanne do things outside the laws? Not these fine upstanding (rugby) law abiding players. Or is it that they get away with stuff also, on and away from the ball..

:)
Flippie try his outmost best to stay out of trouble. Its his stupid looks that kills him. ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
After so long at the top, with dominance over all and sundry including many victories over the Bokke, it seems rather incredible that losing one home game to the #2 rank team is enough to lose the top place.

SA have won about eight straight, with a number of those games away. I think this is what has helped them narrow the gap considerably.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
lol Hawko Australia have just been that disappointing rather. One can see against the reactions as they thought SA are a bit easier to take as oppose to the All Blacks and Lions. The last game was a good measure of how bad they exactly are rather than how good SA is.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
lol Hawko Australia have just been that disappointing rather. One can see against the reactions as they thought SA are a bit easier to take as oppose to the All Blacks and Lions. The last game was a good measure of how bad they exactly are rather than how good SA is.
?? Hawko didn't mention Australia in his post at all. He was referring to the Boks closing the gap on the AB's. Nothing to do with the Wallabies being disappointing.

The Boks have now won 9 in a row including 5 away games. That will all mean nothing come this weekend though. This is the one that counts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
South Africa's reality cooking show MasterChef has been a ratings winner in the last few weeks as the 23 contestants have really been put through their paces.

Ratings went through the roof when the contestants had to cook up a main course for a dinner party at home featuring South American Mountain Lion.

The following week, contestants had to prepare and cook with the same basic ingredients but this time the meal was an outdoor braai well away from the comfort of a home kitchen.

The most recent episode had an Australian theme. Many of the 23 contestants badly burned their kangaroo steaks such that the producers decided to feed the butchered kangaroo to the dogs. While discarding the Kangaroo steaks, the contestants all prepared superb meat pies.

This weeks challenge is shaping up to be a real ratings winner in South Africa with the TV audience on tenterhooks wondering how the contestants will complete the most difficult of challenges: a breakfast meal with the main ingredient being kiwi on toast.

RB0017C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.