• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Moore and Hooper need big rests. I don't think Horwill does, he's missed enough footy.

Hooper played every Test last year and once Pocock was gone played every minute too. This year he's played every minute of every game bar the Force one and every minute of every Test except the 3rd B&I Lions Test.

Gill & Fainga'a should start against Italy, Ireland and Scotland.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if TPN is healthy again? It will be good to have him back on deck if he is.

I'm assuming that we'll just announce a 23 as per normal for the third Bledisloe Test and then the squad for the EOYT will be announced a day or two after that game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I wonder if TPN is healthy again? It will be good to have him back on deck if he is.

I'm assuming that we'll just announce a 23 as per normal for the third Bledisloe Test and then the squad for the EOYT will be announced a day or two after that game.

If TPN is fit and available, I'd like to see Squeaky Moore given a holiday. Similarly, Hooper and Horwill. All have played plenty of games this year, or in Kev's case is still carrying injury, so a good rest would be well earned. One or two front rowers could also benefit from a rest.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If TPN is fit and available, I'd like to see Squeaky Moore given a holiday. Similarly, Hooper and Horwill. All have played plenty of games this year, or in Kev's case is still carrying injury, so a good rest would be well earned. One or two front rowers could also benefit from a rest.

I think that if key players were told they weren't going to be touring because the powers that be wanted them to have a rest there would be an absolute mutiny in the ranks.

I can't imagine any test player would welcome being told they were being rested for a single test let alone an entire tour (what's more a Grand Slam Tour).

There are obviously cases in NZ where a couple of senior players are actively taking a break to try and ensure they are around for the 2015 RWC, but I don't think that applies to any of our players.

I don't disagree with you that some of those players could do with a rest and could definitely have their workloads lightened in general, but I think the reality of that will never happen except maybe in the twilight of their careers.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Moore and Hooper need big rests. I don't think Horwill does, he's missed enough footy.

Hooper played every Test last year and once Pocock was gone played every minute too. This year he's played every minute of every game bar the Force one and every minute of every Test except the 3rd B&I Lions Test.

Gill & Fainga'a should start against Italy, Ireland and Scotland.

Agree. But Gill is on the outer at the moment after being dropped from the TRC squad.

He should still tour but it's not a forgone conclusion he'll see much if any game time.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Squad for Wallaby Spring Tour:

Alexander, Kepu, Robinson, Ryan, Slipper,
S. Fainga’a, Moore, Polota-Nau
Douglas, Horwill ©, Simmons, Timani ...
Dennis, Fardy, Gill, Hooper, McCalman, Mowen
Genia, Phipps, White
Cooper, To'omua
Ashley-Cooper, Harris, Kuridrani, Leali’ifano
Cummins, Feauai-Sautia, Tomane
Folau, Foley