• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshmeat

Frank Row (1)
would have to agree with you @Terrace Lad. The red and black mad men of 2014 will be the team to beat, especially with a team as such. However, your worthy prediction could use a few adjustments.

Connor varnahm - overall terrace player of the year, (in my opinion). If it was not for his hamstring strain and constant leg day injuries he would have been a shoe-in for australian schoolboys. The best five-eigth terrace has to offer in mine and many others opinions.

Max Lawless should also provide the red and black army a go to man when on the try line. showing potential in the 2013 season with constant ball running and energy to burn, even if it looks like he never has energy. Ever.

Maybe some new recruits to fiddle with also!

I agree with you, but I've heard that Josh Lawrence will play flyhalf for the Terrace First XV, although he has been injured for the last 18 months. He has more finesse than Horan in the way that he plays, and hasn't missed a single conversion in his GPS career.

1_2_3

Bob McCowan (2)
BSHS 1st XV prediction??
Forwards Backs
1. Pouvalu L 9. Tim Sippel
2. ?? 10. Matthew Smith
3. Enoka Kalapu 11. ??
4. Puke Tawa 12. Jim Henjak
5. Zac Shepard 13. Jimmy Patrick
6. Tuaina Taulime 14. Tyrone Southorn
7. Matt Sautia 15. Liam Mcnamara
8. Jerome Veve (League import)

joe topman

Frank Row (1)
R Wall played exceptionally well as 10 for Brothers U15 Div 1 team in yesterday's SF round at Norths (where this team thrashed the Easts Div 1 team). Fast, aggressive, elusive in the tackle, quick hands, excellent passing game, and very composed in directing the team.

Btw, this Brothers team (as coached by A Clough for many years up the age ladder) is clearly one of the best teams - perhaps the best team - in the whole BJRU club competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have watched Wall play a few games last season, as well as Tom Lutvey, and the 16 B's half, R Tucker, and Im not sure why people are looking at R Wall when, from what i witnessed, you have two very capable halves in year 12 next year being tucker and lutvey. these two have been fighting it out for a's position since grade 9, and they are very similar. Lutvey is stronger when speaking to the forwards, and getting the ball when stuck in the ruck, but tuckers pass is another level, straight from the ground, both ways.
Rwalls pass is no where near as strong as Lutvey and Tuckers, and likes to take the ball himself to much

Lutvey and Tucker are very similar, and very capable players. im not to sure why people have picked R wall already, when there are two very capable halves there for picking

betahater

Frank Row (1)
I have watched Wall play a few games last season, as well as Tom Lutvey, and the 16 B's half, R Tucker, and Im not sure why people are looking at R Wall when, from what i witnessed, you have two very capable halves in year 12 next year being tucker and lutvey. these two have been fighting it out for a's position since grade 9, and they are very similar. Lutvey is stronger when speaking to the forwards, and getting the ball when stuck in the ruck, but tuckers pass is another level, straight from the ground, both ways.
Rwalls pass is no where near as strong as Lutvey and Tuckers, and likes to take the ball himself to much

Lutvey and Tucker are very similar, and very capable players. im not to sure why people have picked R wall already, when there are two very capable halves there for picking

R Wall: queensland white as a grade 10..

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
I can honestly say this is latest from gt. Angus fowler is definitely repeating. It seems being college vice captain and cricket and rugby commitments have affected his op result. So he is repeating 2014, and only playing rugby, giving cricket a miss!! Robbie green def not repeating. Toby mcnamee considering repeating.

Rugby Mentor Greg

Stan Wickham (3)
I hate to say it but I think the 2014 year will be a slight downgrade from past competitions. Not to say there won't be adequate talent, I still am hoping for an intense and exciting season. My money is on Churchie with the likes of Perese and Ogilve back from successful 2013 stints. You still can't count out Nudgee who, as usual will be likely to field a quality side. Or maybe if Grammar and BBC go talent hunting over the offseason. Hoping for a cracking season! Can't wait!

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
I hate to say it but I think the 2014 year will be a slight downgrade from past competitions. Not to say there won't be adequate talent, I still am hoping for an intense and exciting season. My money is on Churchie with the likes of Perese and Ogilve back from successful 2013 stints. You still can't count out Nudgee who, as usual will be likely to field a quality side. Or maybe if Grammar and BBC go talent hunting over the offseason. Hoping for a cracking season! Can't wait!

Mate, BBC have already recruited better than the Church of Scientology.
They will easily be top 3 and must be a good shot at the Premiership for the first time since leather rugby balls were used.

Churchie are furiously trying to catch up and Nudgee will be Nudgee....that's your top 3.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
GPS Predictions 2014.
1st . ACGS
2nd . GT
3rd . BBC
4th . NC
5th . TSS
6th . BGS
7th . TGS
8th . IGS
9th . BSHS

Would rate IGS higher, will compete with TSS and GT for 4, 5 and 6. TGS will be weak, but still stronger than grammar and state high which makes 7, 8 and 9. NC, ACGS and BBC my pick for top 3 in 2014.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
BBC to go through undefeated. With 10 or 11 returning from last year, an undefeated 15A side plus apparently a few pick ups from the recent state champs, very hard to beat

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC to go through undefeated. With 10 or 11 returning from last year, an undefeated 15A side plus apparently a few pick ups from the recent state champs, very hard to beat
I believe BBC have a few forwards in for their 3rd year in 1st XV.??

GPSupporter

Bob McCowan (2)
The light dark blue line-up next year is looking far more dependable than this year's. Although there were some strong spots in the 2013 team they were let down by an inconsistent halves partnership that lacked chemistry, unstable leadership and the season-ending injury to Patrick Morrey, openside flanker and captain. With a few rumours regarding importing already circulating the squad is looking good to improve upon its wooden spoon season this year.

1. Tom Rutherford-Taurua 16As 2013- Captain of the 16A's at No. 8, Rutherford should be looking to make the move to the front row. A serious lack of propping depth at Grammar leaves the opportunity for almost anyone to make their mark on the position and Tom has the strength, the growth potential and the skills to do it. Incredible game awareness should only aid his transformation to the front of the pack.
2. Jack Childs 16As 2013- made the Queensland U16 wider squad. No real competition, temporary 16s captain this year- a young leader and talent.
3. TBA- No depth here whatsoever. Would likely be Grade 10 prodigy Fraser McReight, whose brother Stuart played 1st XV and QLD representative rugby, but I doubt he'll be passed to play at such a young age.
4. Angus Morrison- solid young long, plenty of strength and height should see him secure a starting spot.
5. TBA
6. Harry Egan 16As/1st XV 2013- occasional 1st XV starter this year. The experiences of 2013 should help him step up to the mark next year with his only flaw being a lack of confidence and subsequently an underhanded presence. Expecting a big year from Egan to prove the doubters
7. Patrick Dooley 1st XV 2013- Open Rugby Player of the Year 2013. Standout player for the team with incredible positive involvement rates unmatched by his fellow pack members. Effective in the ruck and the maul with plenty of skills to accompany his presence in arenas of forward play.
8. TBA
9. Ben Knight 2nd XV 2013/Campbell Halliday 15As 2013- Knight's a more physical scrumhalf with guts and determination like a ninth forward. Halliday, like his brother Fergus, offers a silkier service from the base of the ruck yet is a possible liability in defence. Time will tell, the fight is on between these two.
10. Logan Spaander (Aus League)/ Nyoah Rosmarin 16As/ 1st XV 2013- Rumours are spreading that Spaander, fresh out of Nudgee College, is looking to link up with former teammate Lachlan Lanskey. An undoubtedly brilliant talent, his potential enrolment should mean great things for a backline stacked with natural talent, speed and flair. Nyoah performed strongly in his 1st XV cameo yet a dodgy shoulder might see him lose his grip on the #10 jersey.
11. Matt Forsyth 15As/ 1st XV 2013- Speed, flair and experience at such a young age should see Matt become one of the team's rising stars. Despite his small stature I'm backing Matt for an improvement on his already impressive 2013 season.
12. Lachlan Lanskey 1st XV 2013- the shining light of the 2013 backline. Breaks the line at will, links strongly in support, runs brilliant lines, unbeatable in defence and has a knack of crossing the white line. He will be the king pin of the BGS attack. Looking forward to his possible link with fellow league player Logan Spaander.
13. Eddie McCorley 16As/1st XV 2013- Built like a horse and can gallop as fast, QLD rep McCorley should secure a starting spot either at outside centre or on the wing. If he can keep his cool he'll work wonders with Lanskey in the midfield
14. Connor Bourke 16As 2013- a surprise package, the Ballina boarder can hopefully put his strength and skill to good use out wide. A tough, no frills outside back, Bourke could be the perfect foil the the back-three flair of Forsyth and Sly.
15. Nyoah Rosmarin/ Tom Sly 1st XV 2013- Sly's 2013 was very hit and miss. He'll be looking to stamp his authority in the jersey this season after glimpses of brilliance against BSHS this year. Needs to improve his decision making and defence ASAP, and if he can do this he'll have a great year next year.

Nick Ebzery is probably a lock for no. 8, although he has been injured all year he trained with the firsts this year and is quite an athlete. And dosent this years junior rugby player of the year play second row (cant remember his name)?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Only Bronson Takipula and Luke Peterson will be playing their third year in the 1st XV, for most others it'll be their second, and for some their first year.

I've heard from a family friend of the Tuakipulu's that BBC, out of the kindness of their hearts, have extended Bronson's bursary one extra year for him to "concentrate on his studies after being such a huge part of BBC's rugby program in combination with some bad academic performance during the year". My source tells me the school is actively discouraging him from participating. So, at this point in time, it seems Bronson is unlikely to play his third year.

Sounds lovely on behalf of the school, but time will tell if this 'discouragement' will keep their 2013 Captain off the Miskin St pitch next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
More likely to see Tuakipulu at 1 or 2, with conditions on grade levels.

So, BBC has 7 out of 8 of 2013's first choice forwards returning for 2014! Plus most of their reserve bench.

One of the top packs in 2013 ... back bigger, better and stronger.

1- Kahn (2nd Xv 2013), or Lazarus (16 a 2013), or a mystery QLD prop? (...watch this space)
2 Bronson Tauakipulu - 1st XV 2012, 2013
3 Luke Peterson -1st XV 2012, 2013
4 Darcy Swain - 1st XV 2013
5 Dylan Leyland - 1st XV 2013
6 Kareem Tuuga - 1st XV 2013
7 Christian Malalau - 1st XV 2013
8 Ben Gunther - 1st XV 2013

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Bronson Tauakipulu is not repeating at bbc who would be the captain and who would fill his position???
The goss' is that Bronson is doing a Yr 13- but it's probably not a good assumption that he'd be captain automatically. There's heaps of experience in the 2014 BBC side.

Status
Not open for further replies.