• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part 2 - Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
The Poms have found a solution for short pitch deliveries in Adelaide .....

images

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
England bring in Ben Stokes and Monty Panesar. Stokes has to be a gamble his ODI and First Class records are pretty poor for a test all rounder.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
England bring in Ben Stokes and Monty Panesar. Stokes has to be a gamble his ODI and First Class records are pretty poor for a test all rounder.

Ballance and Bairstow have both struggled as well. Any of the choices were far from optimal.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Nothing in this pitch, if we aren't 3/300+ at stumps there is a problem. Anderson already looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Warner again gets out by being just that bit too aggressive.

He needs to learn better stroke choice. I haven't seen a replay, but it sounds like a very similar dismissal to his one in the first innings in Brisbane. The ball holds up slightly on the pitch and he taps a simple catch into the off side.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Despite making the runs several shots were miss-timed that made the boundary. Won't see many softer dismissals this series.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks like there will be a lot of overs of spin. I wonder if Dave Warner has been sent out to the nets to start practicing his bowling?

Depending on how our seamers go, Warner, Smith and Clarke could all bowl a few overs in tandem with Lyon in this match.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Without putting the wood on the Aussies, they are starting to look fairly comfortable out there. They've got through a sticky patch and don't look in too much discomfort with the bowling now. 450+ must be an minimum even at this early stage.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
People taking the piss out of teletubbies really is a blight on our society and needs to be eradicated.

Was it not more the comment on the Cricket Australia tweet than the Sikhs in fancy dress?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watson gets to 50 and throws his wicket away..Again! He is never going to be a player we can bank on. He is never going to start converting his starts into big scores.

We have gone from being in a pretty good position to being 4 down at tea..

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Watson gets to 50 and throws his wicket away..Again! He is never going to be a player we can bank on. He is never going to start converting his starts into big scores.

We have gone from being in a pretty good position to being 4 down at tea..

Agree, bat him at 6 as an allrounder or he can leave. At 32(?) I think we have seen his best at test level.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The problem is that we haven't got an obvious number 3 to replace him. Clarke doesn't want to bat there, Khawaja's form hasn't been fantastic and he is far too defensive to be your typical Australian number 3 and Hughes has been tried a couple of times.

I think Hughes or Doolan are the next potential choices there but I think they could only be given a shot at 3 if one of the other batsmen in the team gets dropped. Both are scoring well in Shield cricket this Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.