• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Rebels - Rd4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Be aware of the "FORCE" they will be very physical, front up, win the collision and win the game - playing boring Foley Rugby - UGLY win / win UGLY.

The Rebels ability to put back to back wins is still questionable - I hope to be proven wrong though!!!!!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Wooo Colby! So very, very, happy.

Kingston really should start. Wouldn't be surprised if either PAE or Lahiff (or both) started. Thought they were both impressive off the bench against the Cheetahs. Horie onto the bench makes sense.

Two or three changes sounds about right. Don't want to mess with an in-form team too much.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Be aware of the "FORCE" they will be very physical, front up, win the collision and win the game - playing boring Foley Rugby - UGLY win / win UGLY.

The Rebels ability to put back to back wins is still questionable - I hope to be proven wrong though!!!!!

I actually rate our pack to match there Physicality up front. With Smith/Lahiff playing alongside Leafa we are not the easy push overs as seasons past. We matched the Cheetahs who have one of the best front rows in Super Rugby.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I actually rate our pack to match there Physicality up front. With Smith/Lahiff playing alongside Leafa we are not the easy push overs as seasons past. We matched the Cheetahs who have one of the best front rows in Super Rugby.

I hope so!
But it won't be won on paper, it will be physical and the team that wins the collision will come out on top.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Haven't seen it mention here but this game will be Matt Hodgson's 100th super rugby cap so good luck to he old bull hopefully the boys can get up and repay some of the faith he has shown them and the club in the last 9 years a true warrior and legend of the the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

The toughest decision for the Force this week will come down to hard team selections. We have seen the mistake in not having Hayward even in the squad for the Tahs game now they need to look at switching out Junior from 13, possibly to the wing, Hayward to 13 and drop Delitt from the squad. If Holmes doesn't pick up his play Ebersohn should be straight on.

Hodgo has been a champion of the club along with Sharp and we have had a terrible record in loosing milestone games for our guys. I hope the team has studied the tape and realise you can't just switch on in the last 10 minutes of a game you need to bring the intensity from kick off.

The Force has always had the ability to score points when they have had a crack. While its a team game it's time for a couple of the backs to get selfish and go for some individual brilliance to pull this game out.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree Moono ...when they have been allowed (or don't care anymore) the Force counterattack and broken play running has been excellent this season.

I hope Foley allows this into the game plan (but I doubt it)... given how static and well known the basic Force game plan is, it would be a surprise to everyone!

In addition to removing Delitt and Junior, bringing in Hayward has to happen, but I also hope they try out some of these new young fellas, give them a crack!

M

Moono75

I would role the dice on Chris Heiberg, hopefully Brynard Stander is OK from his knock in the opening game and available for selection and also bring CTM in if he's been carving up in the A team. We need more penetration at 13 and he may be a good option. DHP can possilby have a run on the wing.

Like a broken record Wykes needs a huge game. If he doesn't deliver this week give Battye or Adam Coleman a run.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Rebels will be on a high after their pre season and last week's great win. If the Force can apply early pressure it will be interesting to see how the Rebels handle things mentally.

On form and on paper Rebs are clear favourites, but reckon the Force will be quite desperate.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree the Rebels look good so far and are favoured for a reason, but I'm just not sure how good the Cheetahs are nor how good the Tahs and Brumbies really are... interesting game!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So it would appear that I just won two tickets to Saturday's game by answering a question on twitter.

Considering I live in Sydney, I won't be attending. I have no idea if they'll transfer the tickets to someone else, but is there anyone here that could use them or are you all members?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So it would appear that I just won two tickets to Saturday's game by answering a question on twitter.

Considering I live in Sydney, I won't be attending. I have no idea if they'll transfer the tickets to someone else, but is there anyone here that could use them or are you all members?

I am in Perth this week and could use them.

M

Moono75

Can't wait for this one, NIB is that last stadium to tick off the list for me.

Where is a good Pre-game Pub?

Where is a good Pub to show Ireland v Italy (BOD last game in Dublin) on Saturday night?

Not sure were your based while in Perth but the Brisbane Hotel is right around the corner from NIB, though last time I looked they didn't show S15 games. Inglewood Hotel on Beaufort Street (6 min drive away) has plenty of sport and a dedicated bus that goes to the ground and brings you back to the pub. Further down the road on Beaufort Street heading to the ground you also have the Queen's Hotel, good for a beer and is the 2014 Force HQ. Ticket needed for entry upstairs.

M

Moono75

Based in East Perth, will be walking or taxi as I don't have a car over here.

From East Perth your could drop by The Royal on Claisebrook Inlet, The Grosvenor Hotel on the corner of Hay Street & Hill Street or Fenians Pub on Adelaide Terrace and Hill Street. The Moon & 6 Pence (shows the rugby) more central CBD on Murray Street near corner of William Street which will probably have more atmosphere.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Junior Rasolea
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman*
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Marcel Brache*

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ok, Looking at Maps of all these pubs. I am thinking I will goto the Brisbane before the game. Afterwards will just decide somewhere that is showing the Irish game.

Status
Not open for further replies.