• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

At Chipsy Wood Souths ran out composite sides for Prem & Prem Res games. Easts ran pretty much a Res side. Easts got towelled up in the prem Res trial 60 odd points but the Prem game was 4 tries to 3 in favour of the pies.

South as they have been for a few years were very solid at the breakdown, Easts probably got the better of the set pieces, referee handed at numerous penalties to each side at scrum time which were hard to understand, Easts defence was good with 2 of Souths tries being from Easts turnover ball in Souths half and quick transition. South do have speed out wide, Easts attack quite pedestrian.

Both clubs will have got something out of the day.

Souths do have depth again.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Watched a fair bit of the Sunnybank v Brothers game. It was scrappy but I think both teams would have gotten a lot out of it.

Brothers may have to do a bit of work on their breakdown as they were penalised a lot for going off their feet.

Also the mid field defence for both teams left a lot to be desired. Anyone running hard and straight seemed to go through with ease.

Quite a few good young guys stood up for Sunnybank, was watching them more closely than Brothers. They will punish a few teams off turnover ball as these kids relish running at a disorganised defence.

Sunnybank are also missing a 10. They played Josh Sipple, a 9, and Rex Tapuai, a centre, there on the weekend. Both did an ok job but having someone with a bit more experience in the role would help with the youngsters they have.

Overall I thought things were pretty evenly matched across the Premier trial, taking in Prems and Prem Res. Both teams will be better for the hit out and will have a different look about them come round 1.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I didn't but I heard that the "Premier Colts" trial ended in a draw. Don't know if much can be taken from that.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
GPS Albany Creek an early contender for burger & beer deal of the year: 500ml Heineken can & a steak burger with the lot for $10.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not sure we can compete with that on Saturday but if you were to come down on Friday night to junior training you can grab a Chicken Schnitzel, Chips and gravy.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I for one am excited for the weekend, i think this weekends trials will be the most indicative of where the pieces may fall this season.

We will see Souths depth on display against wests, both teams have been thorn in each others sides over the last few seasons. Wests will also have to show where they are at after a miniature exodus.

On the other hand contemporary powerhouses UQ and Sunnybank face off in what should be a cracker. No rep stars on display but it will really be a great showing of each teams depth.

T

Tigers Tale

Sorry to disappoint you TD but it is Wests v Easts trials on 8 March at Sylvan Road.

Easts then take on Norths in their last trial game at Hugh Courtney Oval on 15 March and then Sydney Uni on 22 March @ Bottomley.

QPR Round 1 is on 22 March with:
BROS v SNBK;
GCB v GPS;
STH v NTH;
WTS v UNI;
EST bye

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I wonder whether you will have the services of Mr Greene for this trial v GPS?

Reds A play on Friday night v Japan.

I see Greene came off the bench on Sunday because they gave Ben Lucas a game.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Eagles vs Magpies at Hugh Courtney Oval this Sat.

Game Times:
2nd Grade - 10.10am #2
1st Grade - 11.20am #1
Colts 1 - 11.20am #2
Prem Colts - 12.30pm #1
Prem Res - 1.50pm #1
Premier - 3.20pm #1

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure we can compete with that on Saturday but if you were to come down on Friday night to junior training you can grab a Chicken Schnitzel, Chips and gravy.

If the chicken schnitzel, chips and gravy could all be placed on a soft bread roll I'd be willing to make a trek out especially for it.

T

Tigers Tale

Tiger Tale, you would have to ask RugbyReg, I don't know if they're allowed to play.

This might surprise you Mr Filth but now Greene plays for Brothers I really have even less interest in his rugby development. Good luck to "Brand Greene".

Would it be fair to say that if Brothers don't make the semis then he might question his decision to head back to Crosby.

Fair play though because isn't he a Bros Junior?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
it's going to be an interesting year for Easts with so many of their players in one rep side or another. Great reflection on the setup and coach Richards but Pat will almost have to pull another rabbit out of the hat like he did in 2008, if too many of his frontline players aren't available.

Don't know if it has been asked earlier but what is the story with Matt Brandon, playing or not?

T

Tigers Tale

TT or T12 or anyone else, have you got a team sheet from Easts game last week or for this weekend?

That's a tough one because I don't know all the name but v South it was:
15 Strudwick
14 Matt Carroll
13 ??
12 ??
11 ??
10 Krelle
9 Dudley Tomlinson & Adam Deck
8 Johnny (formerly Souths)
7 Henry Olsen
6 Owain Lloyd
5 Greg Riley
4 ?? & Sam Fatal
3 ?? & Kirwan Sanday
2 Matt Randell
1 Jack Kimmince

With Reds A playing this Friday I wouldn't think that we will see the following guys run out v Wests this Saturday - Paraka, Ready, Enever, Gunn & Placid but we might see Brandon, Mullins & White run out for the first time this year and apparently Chris Mansell is due back from Athletics anytime now. UJ & Wilkin are out for about another 6-8 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.