• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Correct - but if you look at the sequence of three scrums - with three second row feeds, two clean tight heads and one scrum destroyed - then to call a penalty for a collapse against the dominant team on the third when he had reset previously - doesn't sit right

Are you serious that scrum the tah's were going backwards and where lucky that we had an outside centre at 8 so the ball popped out for Hooper..

Yeah the feed on the first wasnt as straight as it could have been but the 2 followings scrums you guys where going backwards.. Alexander had it over Robinson all game..

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies didn't deserve to win that. The amount of penalties they give away and get away with is ridiculous.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What a great game!

Not too dissatisfied for the Tahs- it's a long season and we will have revenge in Sydney. Was glad we fought back when down by 15+ points, could have been ugly.

Awaiting Brumbieman's photo. Good to see the Brumbies back playing the rugby that made them so successful last year- it worked really well for them tonight.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Boo hoo. They got two players yellow carded, what more could you ask for.
More yellow Cards.

I'm Not a tahs fan. It's just the way I saw the game. It's negative. Plenty of great things still going on in Camberra though. Just need to work on discipline.

Going by the forces. 2 yellows and the blues game the brumbies deserve 6 yellows tonight

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Going by the forces. 2 yellows and the blues game the brumbies deserve 6 yellows tonight

champagne-comedy.gif

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think a big turning point in the game was when the Brumbies failed to capitalise on that second penalty lineout in the second half.............

Another try there would've been a bonus point and the game well out of reach, but instead they turned it over and it was all Tahs for the rest of the match..........

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
More yellow Cards.

I'm Not a tahs fan. It's just the way I saw the game. It's negative. Plenty of great things still going on in Camberra though. Just need to work on discipline.

So the brumbies got penalised 6 more times than the tahs and each one should have been a yellow?

P

Paradox

Brumbies didn't deserve to win that. The amount of penalties they give away and get away with is ridiculous.
Just like Force tonight right?

The Tahs should have had someone in the bin before To'omua when they were infringing. Ref was inconsistent and warned the Tahs first from memory

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably asking about the late hit.

Not sure if this already mentioned. Just watching now. 2 Dads said to the AR "..you going to do your fucking job!?"

So you can spray at the AR? No way he'd get away with that with the game ref. would've thought you'd card someone for that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just watched the game again. Thoughts:

- What a great game. The highest standard Aussie derby I've seen in years. Crunching defence, enterprising attack, competition at the set piece, brilliant work at the ruck. Both teams chanced their arm from everywhere, and both teams are legitimate title chances.

- Brumbies returned to what made them so successful last season- physical breakdown work, great kicking game, good set piece and the ability to convert their chances when they get them.

- Tahs shouldn't be too disheartened. They went within a whisker of winning the game, and considering it was Canberra and they were down by 14 at one point (I think) it was a decent effort.

- The lineout wasn't as scrappy as I remembered it, both sides won their own ball but also had a few dodgy ones. Tahs lineout wasn't a shambles, though it wasn't great.

- How good was Potgeiter? Almost MoTM for mine. Made an impact with everything he did, turning out to be a great buy.

- Who won out of Mogg and Folau? Not sure. Both turned it on and played belters. If I had to pick a winner I'd say Mogg, but by a nose.

- To'omua had a great game, and so did White. This was where the Brumbies won the game, because I thought Phipps and Foley were below their best, in both attack and defence.

- Hooper and Fardy were both brilliant as well.

I thoroughly encourage everyone to watch the game again if they can. It was a great ad for rugby, and will make you feel good about the Wallabies chances later in the year.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Geez that Pat mcabe is one tough bastard not the greatest footballer to lace a boot but got to be one of the toughest to come back from the major injuries he has had and still play such a confrontational style.

Thought To'omua had a great game as did White, fardy, Mogg and Kuidraini.

Foley was dissapointing for the tahs, dont rate his no look passes on the inside. Poitger and hooper the best for the tahs. Big Willie and Stephen hoiles made some good impact for tahs late in the game.

Like to see Hooper skipper the tahs to be honest, not sure that Dennis offers much at all. The lineout was ordinary the first 65 minutes from them. Think hoiles suits tahs gameplan better with his linking ability

Status
Not open for further replies.