• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Stormers S15 Round 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Jeez I haven't seen the stormers play this year, but last year they were rather hot and cold so I really don't kniw what to expect this weekend...
Brumbies have many injuries so the cape town lads are a good chance... I'd say they'd win but WE have one Robbie Coleman who is on fire... Brumbies by 9...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stormers same as always, attacking is predictable and one dimensional. Most of the time they look clueless in attack. Defence is good, although the Chiefs took them apart when they needed to.

The Stormers did score two late tries against the Chiefs, including a cracker to Aplon, but by then the Chiefs were already in control and simply lifted a gear to put them to the sword.

If you can score a few tries against the Stormers, it's almost guaranteed that you've won the game.

The issue for the Brumbies will be scoring the needed points with their injury toll. Speight, Lilo, Pocock, Sio, Power, Fotu all out. Tomane may also be out. Pretty sure I may be missing a player or two from that list as well. That's a lot of first squad players lost. edit: Rathbone is out as well.

On the plus side for the Brumbies is that this is the third leg of the Stormers' tour, and they their second performce was down on the first.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Expecting a few changes to the Brumbies starting side for this game.

Joe Tomane in for Henry Speight
Scott Fardy moving to lock for the injured Leon Power with Jordan Smiler to 6
Either JP Smith or Ruaidhri Murphy for the injured Scott Sio in the front row
And expect another change to be known later today

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And the Stormers lineup:

Stormers
15. Gio Aplon , 14. Kobus van Wyk , 13. Jean de Villiers (captain) , 12. Damian de Allende , 11. Sailosi Tagicakibau , 10. Peter Grant , 9. Nic Groom , 8. Duane Vermeulen , 7. Schalk Burger (vice-captain) , 6. Deon Fourie , 5. Michael Rhodes, 4. Ruan Botha , 3. Frans Malherbe , 2. Tiaan Liebenberg , 1. Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: , 16. Stephan Coetzee , 17. Oliver Kebble , 18. Brok Harris , 19. Siya Kolisi , 20. Nizaam Carr , 21. Louis Schreuder , 22. Demetri Catrakilis , 23. Juan de Jongh

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The confirmed changes are:

JP Smith for Sio
Fardy for Power
Smiler to 6
Tomane for Speight
Andrew Smith in for Kuridrani who unfortunately had to return home for a family funeral.

Jack Whetton will be on the bench

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Andrew Smith is a rare commodity, a pure outside centre. Would prefer to have Kuridrani though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The confirmed changes are:

JP Smith for Sio
Fardy for Power
Smiler to 6
Tomane for Speight
Andrew Smith in for Kuridrani who unfortunately had to return home for a family funeral.

Jack Whetton will be on the bench

Will be pretty much a new bench. Assume:
Murphy, Siliva (or Mann-Rea), Ruan Smith, Whetton, Dowsett, and van der Walt will make it. Who else?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
1. JP Smith
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Pat McCabe
13. Andrew Smith
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruaidhri Murphy
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jack Whetton
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lionel Cronje
23. Stephan van der walt

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Pocock, Auelua, Rathbone, Scott Sio, Henry Speight, Kuridrani, Leon Power and Christian Lealiifano out.

Considering Auelua would a starter this year, this is 6 starters out.
Brumbies will have to dig deep for this one.

On the other hand, a good opportunity to see some new faces - be good for Whetton to get some playing time.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Stormers are an easy read. Very good defence, attack is clueless. Brumbies just need to bring last week's intensity (very hard to be that good two weeks in a row) and take points wherever they can. If the Stormers get a lead, they are very tough to beat; but they do not chase well. So, if the Brumbies have a good, intense first half and are up by 10, put the house on the game.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Like your optimism Ruggo:)

Be tough to back up after that epic win against the Tah's and so many key guys out. Stormers will also be very, very desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.