• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I don't want to badger on about it anymore, but he is the best 12 we have. He ball plays, is rock solid in defense and has great feet in attack. Not to mention that he has a handy left peg ( Right, left kicking in midfield can not be overrated). He is continually played out of position, and then gets bum wraps. If we don't use him, we will lose him (to another franchise).

Mike was very good on the weekend, and should never be dropped (and won't be) after a game like that.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He WAS the best 12 we had, two seasons ago,

If he can find that form again he will be, but he hasn't for a while, and has to prove himself.

I'm sure RG has a logical explanation as to why Tapuai is used as a 13.

T

tranquility

He WAS the best 12 we had, two seasons ago,

If he can find that form again he will be, but he hasn't for a while, and has to prove himself.

I'm sure RG has a logical explanation as to why Tapuai is used as a 13.

Other than the fact that we didn't have one? Thankfully we do now, and he appears to be a bloody good one.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
CFS being sent home with hamstring injury

behu5a6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Someone mentioned earlier about Turner at 13. With CFS fit it didn't seem like a great idea at the time. Now thinking it could be worth a try. Tapuai is poor there and Fainga'a has not been great with few opportunities. Turner on the other hand would offer solid defence, speed, and is strong in contact. He is probably the closest option to CFS in style.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Trying to book my tickets for the Brumbies game. Ticketek are absolutely fucking useless.

Fuck you ticketek.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Absolutely, to not look outside QLD or any marketplace would be irresponsible. However the question was, what had been done to replace those players. What QLD needs most of all that we do not have, either in our squad or waiting in the wings is a TH prop and a mature large bodied backrower.
As great as it would be to have local props playing well I often wonder why we don't try to recruit a journeyman ex springbok/pumas prop to the squad. Someone who can at least hold their own, not necessarily dominate a scrum but give us a base.

We have had foreign players before, why not try to recruit overseas for the talent we cant find at home.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Even though his form hasn't been as good as it can be, under the circumstances Taps is the logical choice at outside centre. Finger is bracketed because of illness and is not quite match fit, and no one else over there, apart from Toua, has even played at 13 (Has Harris had a go?). No time to be experimenting with Turner, or anyone else for that matter. A great opportunity for Ben to stand up and be counted.

Have to say that it's a great pity about Feau-Sautia. Hopefully the hammy thing is minor and precautionary. That boy is good!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Even though his form hasn't been as good as it can be, under the circumstances Taps is the logical choice at outside centre. Finger is bracketed because of illness and is not quite match fit, and no one else over there, apart from Toua, has even played at 13 (Has Harris had a go?). No time to be experimenting with Turner, or anyone else for that matter. A great opportunity for Ben to stand up and be counted.

Have to say that it's a great pity about Feau-Sautia. Hopefully the hammy thing is minor and precautionary. That boy is good!

Think you'll find that Turner has played quite a bit at 13 in Shute Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.