• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Chiefs Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

2014 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week Six
Western Force v Chiefs
The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth
Saturday, 22 March 2014
Kick-off: 7pm

1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Hugh McMeniman
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Angus Cottrell
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Junior Rasolea
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Marcel Brache

M

Moono75

No point messing with a winning team. Stander can have an impact off the bench. I don't recall him getting any time in the game against the Highlanders. He can continue to develop and if he's good enough will push for more time later in the season. Plus Cottrell is in some good form so interested to see if he can make some metres off the back of the scrum.

Plenty of size in the back row and line out options for the Force. Need the Badger to get some quality ball in space. He hasn't had too many chances to get up to full pace and steamroll over the top of anyone.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^agreed and I can't see MMM going the distance in any case due to his lack of minutes.. So I would be surprised if stander gets at least 25 mins

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would've thought it better to bring Madness off the bench with Stander running on allowing, say, Alcock to come onto the bench. But I also thought that Stander was sorta an openside / Lee Grant "notter".

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Can the Force hat trick? Massive ask I know. Looks like an honest forward pack who should hold their own. The challenge will be the backs being able to contain the talented Chiefs backs and getting the ball out wide to Morahan and Cummins IMO.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jamie Mackintosh,
Mahonri Schwalger,
Ben Tameifuna,

Michael Fitzgerald,
Brodie Retallick,

Liam Messam,
Sam Cane,
Liam Squire

Tawera Kerr-Barlow,

Aaron Cruden
Asaeli Tikoirotuma,
Tom Marshall,
Tim Nanai-Williams,
Mils Muliaina,
Gareth Anscombe,

Rhys Marshall, Pauliasi Manu, Josh Hohneck, Kane Thompson, Tanerau Latimer, Augustine Pulu, Andrew Horrell, Anton Lienert-Brown

S.Cane returns.
the shockingly quick Liam, Squire starts.
Mils biffed out to the wing, wow.

Will be interesting to see if Chiefs are content to secede possession and murder on the break as in first 2 weeks or keep ball in hand and just plain murder like last week. Either way, I'm ready for a Hamtown jailbreak in broad daylight* in sunny downtown Perth.

*Or, a Hamtown jailbreak by cloak of darkness (if it gets dark during the match.)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Intereresting selections, exactly how many players are out of position in that backline? I count 4?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can the Force hat trick? Massive ask I know. Looks like an honest forward pack who should hold their own. The challenge will be the backs being able to contain the talented Chiefs backs and getting the ball out wide to Morahan and Cummins IMO.

Forwards hold their own against Tamefuma and MacIntosh, both mountains of men, Retallick, arguably the form lock in the world, and Messam? I think it's unlikely.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Intereresting selections, exactly how many players are out of position in that backline? I count 4?
i'd argue maybe just Mils. They've all performed well wherever they're put. Plus the very adroit Andrew Horrell off the bench. Bit of Bruce Robertson about that fella.

only risk is an untried loosie combo, who'll do what. No denying though, that loose 3 are MOBILE.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
On second thoughts...bloody good forward pack the Chiefs have there, have to agree BR.

Just can't see the Force getting close, as much as I'd like to see them take it out.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It's a good week to try a new loose forward combo, the Force have their own loose forward shuffle happening forced by McCalman's suspension.

M

Moono75

The Chiefs hurt you on the rebound so be mindful of the quick taps and the quick lineouts with the ball transferred across field. Smash Cruden early to unsettle him and realise Nanai-Williams WILL try and stutter/side step you (to the Left) and beat you with speed. If the Force have done their homework and play good team defence we can do this.

Big noisy crowd expected and more than a few disloyal kiwi Force fans switching aliegances to the Chiefs for this one!

I say BRING IT Chiefs!

Status
Not open for further replies.