• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Tahs, round 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This is shaping up as a defining match for the Tahs this year. It's absolutely imperative they bounce back with a win after the lacklustre performance against the Sharks, and they won't get a better opportunity with the Stormers' playing list battered and bruised before their game against the Reds. Add a long trip home to Cape Town to the Stormers' woes and they SHOULD be there for the taking. If the Tahs don't pummel the pretty boys in blue they probably aren't the real deal this year.

Looks like Folau's only 50/50 for this one, and I spose we can presume Horne'll be riding the pine. The backs looked quite disjointed against the Sharks with only Beale playing his A game. Be an interesting selection meeting.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Folau was a certain inclusion once he was cleared to fly to South Africa?

I imagine Horne will be suspended.

I imagine that Cheika will be keen to give Gray and Crawford a run at least off the bench in the next two weeks so potentially they could get a crack against the Stormers.

I think Folau will come back in for Lance who will drop to the bench. Alofa or Crawford will start on the wing with the other missing out (unless Carraro gets left out).

McCutcheon was decent off the bench and did well in our only try and could stay in the side.

I imagine they'll be pretty battered and bruised after the Sharks game so Cheika might make a couple of changes to freshen the forward pack up.

Definitely a crucial game for the Tahs. They need to win this one to get some momentum back heading to Perth. Lose this one and our promising season will be in huge trouble.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Definitely a crucial game for the Tahs. They need to win this one to get some momentum back heading to Perth. Lose this one and our promising season will be in huge trouble.

Forget the season - the bloody finances are the issue!

If we get physically smashed by the Stormers, we are in serious trouble coming into Perth where the Force are breathing down our necks.

We need a stylish win in Cape Town followed by an utter humiliation of the Farce, then look forward to a big crowd on Easter Saturday against the Bulls... which will be nigh on impossible due to people being away for Easter and the fact its a Sarth Effrican team.

Anyway, fuck the Stormers - they lost to the Reds and had to fly home this week. They'll be tough still, and the boys better have their shit right physically because the home team have some units.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Stormers are devastated by injuries, and they picked up a few more vs the Reds. If the Tahs score more than 20 points, any way possible, they have probably won as the Stormers haven't score more than 20 all year. The one time they got 20 is when Aplon sparked some nice tries; and he'll be gone.

Tahs should win this one easily.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'd really like Cheika to shut the fuck up about the ref. The Tahs need to learn to recognise how the game is being called and respond accordingly, not just thrash about like fish out of water and then have a massive whinge after the game.

I'd also like to see them settle down a little with the ball. I like the daring attack, but at the same time they need to better recognise the point at which a pass becomes a miracle ball. Going to ground and getting a quick recycle usually produces better results when the defence is on the back foot than a wild pass.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
It's a no brainer that the Tahs' scrum needs work and that will necessarily be a focal point at training this week.

In addition, and taking up Richo's comment about settling down with the ball, the Tahs must avoid another case of the droppsies. We had a number of promising phases against the Sharks that came to nought because of handling errors. Credit must partly be given to the quality of the Sharks' defence but the Tahs also let themselves down badly and never gave themselves a chance to win with the amount of spilt pill.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Horne out 1 week - he should have some more time to acclimatise to Perth. Beale apparently whiplashed by Steyn, but "not in doubt" at this stage. We'll see.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
A hard game to pick.

It really is a tale of unhappiness and who will rise to find joy. In many regards it’s exactly like the plot of the great 1986 feature film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Both teams have had a bad experience and now find themselves in a situation were they need to take control again.

NSW will be hoping Cheika does a Matthew Broderick on the medical staff and pretends he is Izzy’s father only to then make out with him once the principle reluctantly gives him permission to play and like Mia Sara’s character Sloane Peterson we can only hope that the beauty that is Izzy steals the show with radiant charisma.

For the Stormers I have absolutely no idea at all so like most things out of Africa I’m gonna pretend their evil due to there Nazi like fascination with finding the arc located at the cradle of life which I’m not sure of its exact location but its Africa-ish. If we allow them to get there hands on this Arc then the world is in a lot of trouble so hopefully Cheika can devise a game plan were not only is the Arc protected but also possession of the ball which will ultimately lead to victory for all.

In conclusion, may the light of good forever shine down upon the needy installing hope and good will in its motherland, NSW.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to have you back on board @WaratahJesus.

I though I posted in obscure riddles and wierd analogies.

@Dismal Pillock could have a field day illustrating your post above. :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
NSW needs Folau bigtime - its nearly like its Team Izzy

Don't know the extent of the injury but the Tahs need the bloke deparately

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's a no brainer that the Tahs' scrum needs work and that will necessarily be a focal point at training this week.

In addition, and taking up Richo's comment about settling down with the ball, the Tahs must avoid another case of the droppsies. We had a number of promising phases against the Sharks that came to nought because of handling errors. Credit must partly be given to the quality of the Sharks' defence but the Tahs also let themselves down badly and never gave themselves a chance to win with the amount of spilt pill.

I just spent 3 months in Durban and it was so humid it was hard to hold onto a wine glass, even with all the practice I got. Not sure why they thought flinging the ball around like madmen would work.

Btw, Sharks are a quality side. Even with their injuries they looked bloody good. With no one else playing consistently well, they are the team to beat so far.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
A hard game to pick.

It really is a tale of unhappiness and who will rise to find joy. In many regards it’s exactly like the plot of the great 1986 feature film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Both teams have had a bad experience and now find themselves in a situation were they need to take control again.

NSW will be hoping Cheika does a Matthew Broderick on the medical staff and pretends he is Izzy’s father only to then make out with him once the principle reluctantly gives him permission to play and like Mia Sara’s character Sloane Peterson we can only hope that the beauty that is Izzy steals the show with radiant charisma.

For the Stormers I have absolutely no idea at all so like most things out of Africa I’m gonna pretend their evil due to there Nazi like fascination with finding the arc located at the cradle of life which I’m not sure of its exact location but its Africa-ish. If we allow them to get there hands on this Arc then the world is in a lot of trouble so hopefully Cheika can devise a game plan were not only is the Arc protected but also possession of the ball which will ultimately lead to victory for all.

In conclusion, may the light of good forever shine down upon the needy installing hope and good will in its motherland, NSW.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.