• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't even joke. I hope Browning plays 6, Taps 12, CFS 13 and we beat the living day lights out of you.

I wish I could like this twice.

One of the back rowers needs a spell on the pine to regain the rage and freshen up. Curtis should probably come in to 6 or 8, probably 6 because as much as jake isn't being quite as damaging as we would like his experience at the back of the scrum is likely to be important if we come under pressure there (we will) to maintain a bit of fluidity with our use of 1st phase possession.

With the number of back 3 players we have on the sideline right now, I would look to use CFS on one wing, and probably leave the centres as they are and give Harris the kicking duties. If you want to make more changes to you could include Ant Fainga'a at 13 at the expense of one of mikey or taps. I wouldn't though. McDuling should also get game time at some stage surely.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Spoken like a true Queenslander. Next thing you know we'll be hearing "We can't win the comp this year but we will have a good year if we can beat the Tahs."

We can't win the comp this year but we will have a good year if when we can beat the Tahs:p

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Any of the University supporters want to fill us in on how McDuling played last week?

1- Slipper
2- Hanson
3- Owen
4- Simmons
5- Horwill
6- Browning
7- Robinson
8- Shatz
9- Genia
10- Cooper
11- Feuai- Sautia
12- Harris
13- Tapuai
14- Davies
15- Lucas

Bench: Anae, Parakka, Holmes, McDuling, Quirk. Frisby, Fainga'a, Taulagi

I'd much prefer to have Sautia marking Tomane then Taulagi.....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think Saia needs to start if fit. He is a better scrummaging optiobn than Hansen and both are fairly equal around the field. Also reckon Owen should get a chance at run-on with Holmsie on the bench.

This game is too big to possibly blood young Pettowa so leave him off the pine altogether.

Taulag made a couple of largest errors last week so should warm the pine at best.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Think Saia needs to start if fit. He is a better scrummaging optiobn than Hansen and both are fairly equal around the field. Also reckon Owen should get a chance at run-on with Holmsie on the bench.

This game is too big to possibly blood young Pettowa so leave him off the pine altogether.

Taulag made a couple of largest errors last week so should warm the pine at best.
With Fainga'a and Daley out (or under a cloud), who else would be reserve prop?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2 of Owen, Holmes, Anae
Still reckon we need Laurie Weekes

I'd have same as last week perhaps with Owen starting.

1 Slipper 2 Hanson 3 Owen
16 Anae, 17 Holmes 18 Paraka

Weekes would be a fine short term but I reckon we've got some very strong prop depth in the state with Paraka and also Phil Kite coming through.

Again, like the young backline talent, I'd be giving them game time now - not just sitting them on the bench.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Shit Reg the season ain't gone yet - field the best side we have let the young blokes cut their teeth back in Prems until they ARE READY to step up

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'd like to see Taps at 12, Ant at 13 and CFS at 11 with Davies at 14. Lucas was good at 15 and should stay there and Ant is the defensive linchpin Reds have been missing.

Browning at 6 is a good call and Saia to start in his 100th Super Rugby game against his old team.

T

tranquility

I have obviously made it clear where I think Taps should be playing, but I will be the first to admit that he has played well in the 13 channel in the last two games. However if fully fit, CFS has to be our 13. He is one of our only backline players that creates indecision in the opposition and can actually be un-defendable when he runs the right line. This penetration in midfield will be critical. Benny should continue starting at the back. Hopefully Turner will take one wing and Rod the other.

Reports are suggesting that Curtis will start, which is a positive move, and a massive step in his young career. I think McDuling deserves the dogsbody role, if only because he deserves his shot. I don't mind Owen, but I am not overly convinced he should start.

Get well soon Liam, we really need you.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I disagree on both counts. Hanson scrummages better, throws better and runs better. Saia tackles around the ankles and has a slightly higher breakdown involvement

Disagree totally on 1, sometimes on 2, and maybe on 3

suppose we'll just agree on disagreeing - cheers

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
May as well give up now :(

They don't need to give up just yet; but they do need to give up trying to bend the rules at the ruck and the offside line a bit. If they do then they might stay "onside" (sorry) with Mr Walsh for a bit longer.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
They don't need to give up just yet; but they do need to give up trying to bend the rules at the ruck and the offside line a bit. If they do then they might stay "onside" (sorry) with Mr Walsh for a bit longer.
I meant me, not the Brumbies. Any hope I had of them winning the game vanished when I saw that he was reffing.

T

tranquility

It's almost unbearable, this shit.

Thankyou Hawko, I will try to relay the message to Dick in time about keeping the lads on side. Very astute observations as always, don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.