• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm not sure.
To my eye,the Force were just hanging in all night.
It seemed just a matter of when the Tahs would set the scoreboard rolling.
The intercept try was a game changer.not only was it a 14 point result,it was a momentum shifter.
But when push came to shove,the Tahs were a bit petulant.
If you can't beat a side that offers nothing in attack,then you don't deserve to win.

I never had the feeling that the Tahs were going to bust the line.
The Crawford no-try was well worked but the dummy runner was either lazy or dumb in not avoiding contact with Matthewson - whom I doubt would have stopped Crawford.
One thing that move should have made them think was that maybe the Force were vulnerable to midfield variations of that type. Did we try any after that?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The way I look at it was that the tahs backline was a last minute patched together one so they lost a lot of the patterns that would have been second nature.
When do we get Betham, Alofa, Palu etc back?

Not Betham, please.
We have a ball security problem already.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
We are still well placed for the finals, but in reality you could say that about 12 or 13 teams.

The comp is so compact this year, we could top the table or finish 12th. Bonus points become all the more critical now.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
We are still well placed for the finals, but in reality you could say that about 12 or 13 teams.

The comp is so compact this year, we could top the table or finish 12th. Bonus points become all the more critical now.

Will end up at the top of the ladder, not just the Oz one.

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
Big question marks over beale at the moment in my opinion. He is really struggling running into the heavy traffic in the no.10 channel. I feel like it might be worth switching him with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centres so he can attack out wide and with more space.

The additional bonuses of this, for me, would be that if he did make a break he is far more adept at linking with his support than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (big fan of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) though I am) and we would get more out of Foley who has been quiet this season. Foley isn't taking much ball at first receiver at the moment and I thought his great ability was distribution last year.

I personally get tingles all over at the thought of Foley getting the ball at first receiver and playing a ball to a hard running AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on a good angle and then second phase Foley sending it wide to Beale, receiving it at pace and having options like Izzy and Bread to play to.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Big question marks over beale at the moment in my opinion. He is really struggling running into the heavy traffic in the no.10 channel. I feel like it might be worth switching him with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centres so he can attack out wide and with more space.

The additional bonuses of this, for me, would be that if he did make a break he is far more adept at linking with his support than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (big fan of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) though I am) and we would get more out of Foley who has been quiet this season. Foley isn't taking much ball at first receiver at the moment and I thought his great ability was distribution last year.

I personally get tingles all over at the thought of Foley getting the ball at first receiver and playing a ball to a hard running AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on a good angle and then second phase Foley sending it wide to Beale, receiving it at pace and having options like Izzy and Bread to play to.

But could he defend there its all good saying you have a tingles for attack but defence is more important

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
I might just add that there are plenty more games to be played this season and the boys are coming home. If the sfs remains a fortress we will win it at a canter :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I might just add that there are plenty more games to be played this season and the boys are coming home. If the sfs remains a fortress we will win it at a canter :)

We don't have a consecutive pair of home games at the SFS this year. From here:

Bulls SFS
Blues
Canes SFS
BYE
Lions SFS
Rebels
Chiefs
Brumbies Homebush
Highlanders SFS
Reds

And in fact that only other consecutive home games were Force (SFS) and Reds (Homebush). That worked out OK then the bye week fucked us.

So while I share the optimism that we're not stuffed yet, that Brumbies crowd will be very poor at Homebush unless we've done some serious carving up.

That can only happen if people get to these next two home games and start getting vocal.

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
...in fact that only other consecutive home games were Force (SFS) and Reds (Homebush). That worked out OK then the bye week fucked us.

So while I share the optimism that we're not stuffed yet, that Brumbies crowd will be very poor at Homebush unless we've done some serious carving up.

That can only happen if people get to these next two home games and start getting vocal.

The next five games are all very winnable and will be crucial to the season i reckon. As for a vocal crowd, that's tough with the tahs but I know I'll be there and vocal so long as they don't screw us with the bar again like the rebels game

M

Muttonbird

That's the thing, isn't it? Vocal crowds come with winning rugby, not the other way around. The hard work must be done by the coach and players first.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
...so long as they don't screw us with the bar again like the rebels game

SFS could be short staffed again for the Bulls game as the Swans are playing next door in the afternoon. However, as the Swans game finishes before the Tahs scheduled kick off, some of the caterer's staff from the SCG could do a double shift.

As an aside, Tahs HQ should be outside the SCG, after the AFL game, giving away match tickets to Swans fans as the crowd will be struggling to hit 15K.

M

Muttonbird

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

It's a partnership. We cheer, they play hard for us, we cheer more.
By vocal crowds I mean big crowds. Big crowds come when you win. The Waratahs are struggling again and shouting at them isn't going to help. I think improved performance comes from within.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
By vocal crowds I mean big crowds. Big crowds come when you win. The Waratahs are struggling again and shouting at them isn't going to help. I think improved performance comes from within.

More respect then to the Force fans who have been attending matches through the previous seasons' lean times - not just this year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As an aside, Tahs HQ should be outside the SCG, after the AFL game, giving away match tickets to Swans fans as the crowd will be struggling to hit 15K.

Deadset fucking genius.

Or hand out passes for two free kids with every adult if they're a bit shy of giving away money

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bingo - if Folau isn't fit, put Beale at 15 and stop pissing around. If Folau IS fit, Beale should be 14 IMHO with Horne at 12 and the various playmakers chipping in at various times.

Good point: it was down the left wing that Beale scored. He is better with space in front of him and wing with a "roving commission" is his best spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.