• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

State and Territory politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought with his statement to ICAC yesterday along the lines of "I did not receive a bottle of 1959 Grange from Mr Di Girolamo" he was about to apply the Bill Clinton splitting hairs defence.

By being so specific about the bottle of wine he did not receive, was he hiding the fact that he did receive a bottle of 1958 Grange, or a 1959 Chateau D'Yquim.

It now begs the question what else has he (and all the rest of the shifty Politicians on both sides) received and not declared in the Parliamentary Gift registers.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
BOF seems as though he's a decent cove (there's that word).

Falling on his sword is a lesson that others need to learn.

If some politicians (of any political stripe) were on fire, I wouldn't piss on them.

Maybe he's in the wrong profession.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why did he not just own up yesterday? Sure he would have copped loads of heat but he would still have had the job today.

Maybe he didn't want the job anymore?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Now if we can get rid of the idiot who professes his admiration and respect for the integrity of a Premier and an assistant Treasurer who have serious memory issues when it comes to dealing with individuals who they would or should have known would not be seen to be above board when the activities became known.

I just love seeing corrupt individuals get shown up in this manner. Happened time and time again during the Wood Royal Commission and at the Fitzgerald Inquiry, "Did you do X?" would be the question and answered "I don't recall" Counsel will then say "well let me help refresh your memory."

When those individuals hold such high office if they truly can't recall such details they are not fit for the office in any event. I seriously doubt however they do not recall such details.

If we truly want to stop the corruption in Australian Politics apart from other changes I have mooted I would like to see all "Focus" groups and lobyists banned.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I should also have said that Kate McLymont should be lauded for her actions is pursuing the Obeid matter with such diligence and professionalism. What a credit to journalism. I personally would like to see her awarded the OAM, along with all the people who stood up to the Obieds and cronies. That is bravery and far more deserving of such awards than the next in line politician or sports person.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Look on the bright side. NSW has gone from being run by Rum to having the finest of Wines as the political currancy.

As if you wouldn't remember a bottle of Grange lobbing up at your front door. Unless it happens all the time, and BOF just can't remember THAT bottle of Grange from all the others that get delivered to home all the time.

Where is the bottle now? Did he actually drink it? By all accounts it isn't any good, but the average cost of a '59 Grange Hermitage has just gone through the roof.

The 1959 vintage is “nowhere near the very best” of the Granges, Mr McKenzie said.
“But the value of it would be purely on its scarcity,” he said.
With this particular bottle now having cost a premier his position, it's doubtful a higher price has ever been paid for a '59 Grange.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...h-price-attached/story-fn59niix-1226886533024

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
ie nothing gets done anyway so what is the difference right?

Actually, that was just a straight out whinge about Rake building up a great finale last season and then unwinding it all within one episode of the new series. But it's still one of the best on TV.

Anyway, both Baird and Berejiklian seem like capable performers and should do well in the top job. Yes, I had to go back to another site to work how to spell Berejiklian.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
barry10.gif

Animation: Rocco Fazzari

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
When those individuals hold such high office if they truly can't recall such details they are not fit for the office in any event. I seriously doubt however they do not recall such details.

My favourite is from 2004 when Abbott was on Lateline and couldn't recall meeting with Cardinal George Pell. The look he had when realised that host Tony Jones had details of the meeting was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.