• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kooga are selling off all their old Kooga stock on the GC Saturday week, 7 December.

The advantage for fans when a company rebrands.

Went down the coast to this. They had lots of Wallabies jerseys, bit of Reds stuff but had to be quick & stacks of rebels, force, fiji/samoa gear. Bit of brumbies too.

$30 a jersey. Lowest price I've ever seen.
ysa4ager.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Went down the coast to this. They had lots of Wallabies jerseys, bit of Reds stuff but had to be quick & stacks of rebels, force, fiji/samoa gear. Bit of brumbies too.

$30 a jersey. Lowest price I've ever seen.
ysa4ager.jpg

Nice price. Hope a bit more of that makes it onto the 12 days of Christmas sale.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Kooga/BLK are offering a mystery bag of three Wallabies items with a combined RRP of over $200 for $80 + p&h. In the email received, the first 150 small and XL bags are guaranteed a Wallabies jersey. All orders will be express posted on 23 December so should arrive before Christmas in most parts of Australia.

Not as good value as the list prices that Tangawizi posted from the warehouse sale, but a good chance to stock up on Wallabies kit before the Asics contract begins. As long as you don't get the socks!

http://shop.kooga.com.au/The-Great-Wallabies-Sale-s/189.htm

BTW, I was told a while ago that Asics policy is not to offer outlet prices or sales so as not to diminish the brand in retails stores. Fair enough, but what to do with all the unsold gear from previous seasons?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Kooga/BLK are offering a mystery bag of three Wallabies items with a combined RRP of over $200 for $80 + p&h. In the email received, the first 150 small and XL bags are guaranteed a Wallabies jersey. All orders will be express posted on 23 December so should arrive before Christmas in most parts of Australia.

Not as good value as the list prices that Tangawizi posted from the warehouse sale, but a good chance to stock up on Wallabies kit before the Asics contract begins. As long as you don't get the socks!

http://shop.kooga.com.au/The-Great-Wallabies-Sale-s/189.htm

BTW, I was told a while ago that Asics policy is not to offer outlet prices or sales so as not to diminish the brand in retails stores. Fair enough, but what to do with all the unsold gear from previous seasons?

All I really want is a jersey from the packs, and for a XXL there is no certainty I'll get one. Website isn't selling the individually on the cheap, just the junior or the custom jersey. Lovell rugby it is.

Edit: Price is nice and cheap, and it BLK branded too! http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby...Wallabies-2013-or-14-Home-Replica-Rugby-Shirt

find it funny that ASICS won't do clearance sales when they all this excess stock. Nothing stopping a retailer selling it on the cheap, I've seen Rebel sell plenty of cheap ASICS cricket gear some march/april. Meh.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
find it funny that ASICS won't do clearance sales when they all this excess stock. Nothing stopping a retailer selling it on the cheap, I've seen Rebel sell plenty of cheap ASICS cricket gear some march/april. Meh.

Looks like the policy has been changed as they have a store at the Birkenhead Point outlet centre in Sydney.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If anyone is interested in purchasing a BLK rebels sweat hoodie (grey) please let me know. I recently got one in the KooGa/BLK sale, however the size I got (XXL) is too bug (less pies for me) and they couldn't do a swap. Tags are still intact and I only wore it once to try on the size. Basically, you're getting a bargin!

Feel free to nominate a reasonable price, i will sell it for well under retail and standard eBay price. My plan is to buy another cheap one of eBay. Inbox me if you're interested, otherwise It will go on eBay.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Went to the Tahs game today. One of the kids needed a jersey. Usually I buy them on sale. Here is a lesson for young players......... Don't try the jersey on the four year old BEFORE asking the price. $130 fucken dollars for a size 6 jersey. Even if I decided to say sorry son and hand the jersey back I couldn't because the collar is so bloody small you can't get them off their head. For the record the kid has an averaged sized head.

Canterbury, you do this all the bloody time. Design a jersey that fits over kids heads so they don't scream when you take it off and remove their ears. Drop the price and design them so they fit kids and you may sell more!

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
I'm heading down to Melbourne this Thursday (from Bris) and am hoping to pick up some Rebels merch (preferably a jersey/training shirt/polo) on the cheap for the game v the Force.

I checked BLK and the old Kooga site and everything is either pretty expensive or out of stock in my size (can go M or L with Kooga/BLK gear). Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get my hands on something at an okay price, and quickly? I have a postal address I can ship to in Melbs if necessary.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I'm heading down to Melbourne this Thursday (from Bris) and am hoping to pick up some Rebels merch (preferably a jersey/training shirt/polo) on the cheap for the game v the Force.

I checked BLK and the old Kooga site and everything is either pretty expensive or out of stock in my size (can go M or L with Kooga/BLK gear). Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get my hands on something at an okay price, and quickly? I have a postal address I can ship to in Melbs if necessary.

Check out Team Fever which is based in Richmond.

They have a few Rebels items on special. As they are clearance items, they are in broken sizes. But you should be able to find something.

http://www.teamfever.com.au/t85-RaboDirect-Rebels-SPECIALS-33-2

Hope this helps.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
+ 1 for Badger's post. It's on Swan Street, in between East Richmond and Richmond station. If you're travelling from the east (like I do) you get off at East Richmond, walk about 5min up swan st and it's there. They are fairly well stocked for rebels gear (both licensed and non-licensed). occasionally see an in-store special there that they don't advertise online. From there it's a 10min stroll to AAMI, or 5min to a select of good pre-game pubs.

Rebel and super A-Mart also stock the gear, but you pay premium for it.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I was having a look at the price of 2014 Super Rugby jerseys in the team shops and was surprised to find that the Force, Rebels and Reds jerseys are considerably cheaper than the Waratahs and Brumbies jerseys. I also included the Wallabies as a comparison.

Also interesting to note that the Wallabies shop is selling the NZ Super Rugby team jerseys for $20 more than the Adidas Australian website (excl shipping).

Jerseys.jpg

Canterbury gear is good quality, but how can such a price difference between it and BLK be justified? Either someone along the supply chain is making a bigger margin or there needs to be a review of their productivity.

If families are buying for kids, there is a massive saving if your team wears BLK.

Have the provinces considered putting their differences aside and see if they can get together and negotiate a better deal with one supplier? There could be some savings to be had.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The shared model works well for NZ rugby, why can't it work for us? I find the BLK gear to be of an excellent quality. Having said that my last CCC jesery was a RWC 2003 - and it's still comfortably fits me.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
$110 for Tahs infant jersey is bloody stupid.

The pricing for all this stuff can be said to be rather over the top when you consider it's free advertising for the sponsors.

BTW, have you noticed that not many fans are wearing the new season Tahs gear at the SFS? HSBC are still getting good value from their previous sponsorship of the Tahs when you see all the gear from previous years still being worn to the game.

Let's see who ends up with the Tahs clothing contract in 2015!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
IIRC they are sponsoring the Wallabies this year, double the value for half the price :) You would hate to be the Volvo sponsorship manager right now...

I think I'm like a lot of people who wait until the end of season sale for cheap jumpers. I got both my match day jerseys this way and picked up a Rebels hoodie (albeit the wrong size) for $25. I will be upgrading the home jesery as the old one has seen a lot of sin in it's time and deserves to be retired.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Reds have had members discounts on their jersey, $99 delivered! I got mine on that deal and there are quite a few new jerseys knocking around at the home games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD