• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No Haywood?

You wouldn't swap centres just to defend against a bigger 12. At most you might swap them defensively, but even that is unlikely as the defensive roles are different. You'd be better off trying to get a mobile backrower to quickly get across field to cover those channels.

Hayward withdrew from Saturday's game for personal reasons and could also miss this game against the Rebels.

I'm not sure on the precise nature of the issue but someone is probably aware.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
No Haywood?

You wouldn't swap centres just to defend against a bigger 12. At most you might swap them defensively, but even that is unlikely as the defensive roles are different. You'd be better off trying to get a mobile backrower to quickly get across field to cover those channels.

Haywood isnt available.

When CTM came on against the Tahs he went to 12 and Godwin to 13 nothing to do the Inman Godwin is the best defender in the backs we have, but CTM is a 12 and there was some suggestion to play Godwin at 13 after the Reds game when Junior went down so i would say if you wanted to try it this is the week, no disrespect to the Rebels more because of our injurys why not try it.

Other wise you would leave Godwin at 12 Marcel at 13 and bring in a Delit or Stubbs but id much rather the first option.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Brache's defence was unbelievable against the Tahs. He did sweet fuck all else except tackle, but he did it really well.

Godwin and Brache got through a mountain of defence and were a major reason the Force won.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brache's defence was unbelievable against the Tahs. He did sweet fuck all else except tackle, but he did it really well.

Godwin and Brache got through a mountain of defence and were a major reason the Force won.

Totally agree Godwin made 15 tackles and Macel 12. CTM was on the field for less than 1 min and made 3 tackles i dont want to bench Marcel and i dont want to bring in Stubbs or Delit just think it wuld be great to have CTM Godwin and Marcel in the same time. Marcel does his best work on attack when he has space so wing suits him thats where he started playing when he got here.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Alby and Morahan ruled out for this game with injuries.
Wykes and Cowen still under review. Will start to test the depth of the squad with still half a season to go our fortunes can change so quickly. Competition pretty fierce across the board. No such thing as an easy game.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
English, Stirzaker and Freier where just on MMM, fans will be allowed on the ground after the game on Friday night. Rest of the conversation was pretty pointless when it's two AFL clowns doing the interview.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
As an AFL fan I... can't disagree with that statement. The standard of journalism, hell media in general, in Melbourne is shocking.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
As an AFL fan I. can't disagree with that statement. The standard of journalism, hell media in general, in Melbourne is shocking.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

JB and Billy Brownless would not have a clue about union, all Billy wanted to know was how English get's on with the Lady's in Melbourne.

At least they did plug that the Rebels are aiming to raise 50K for the Royal Children's Good Friday appeal.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Are we expecting another huge team reshuffle by the rebels ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Are we expecting another huge team reshuffle by the rebels ?

Unlikely...McGahan sticks to the old Wallaby culture of it being more difficult to get out of the team than into the team!

I dont think he uses the bench effectively either.. Neville got 4 minutes off the bench in one game. Fugistaller's shoulder was obviously injured in the Highlanders game but played the whole game and carried the injury into the Chiefs game. He was not replaced until about the 60 minute mark. Not good for the player or the team!

I hope he is fit to play this week - to my mind he has been the most consistent player this season.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just heard Hodgo on the radio Alby Morahan and Wykes are all out for this game he said prior and Coleman will replace Alby and Wykes didn't say about Morahan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So prior, coleman and ctm to 13 and brache to wing? with dellit to the bench?

M

Moono75

Justin Turner in for a run off the bench covering Prior. Good luck to him. He's had a terrible run with knee injuries. Hope he can realise the potential he showed in flashes.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Would be fantastic to see Turner, holmes, and DHP all on the field at the same time.

I prefer the following Backline to start.....i dont trust ctm enuff yet

9 Prior
10 Ebersohm
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Brache
14 DHP
15 Holmes

Reserves - turner, ctm, dellit(hoping his stint on the outer brings out his best)

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
One change to last week's team v Chiefs Cadeyrn Neville into starting line up with Hugh Pyle dropping to the bench. Fuglistaller overcoming his shoulder injury and Stirzaker overcoming his rib injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.