• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
1 Toby Smith
2 Shota Horie
3 Laurie Weeks
4 Cadeyrn Neville
5 Luke Jones
6 Colby Fainga'a
7 Scott Fuglistaller
8 Scott Higginbotham
9 Nic Stirzaker
10 Bryce Hegarty
11 Tom English
12 Mitch Inman
13 Tamati Ellison
14 Male Sa'u
15 Jason Woodward
16 Pat Leafa
17 Cruze Ah Nau
18 Paul Alo-Emile
19 Hugh Pyle
20 Sean McMahon
21 Luke Burgess
22 Tom Kingston
23 Angus Roberts

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Unlikely.McGahan sticks to the old Wallaby culture of it being more difficult to get out of the team than into the team!
At the risk of repeating myself Colby at 6, Burgess and Kingston on the bench again...WTF??

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
At the risk of repeating myself Colby at 6, Burgess and Kingston on the bench again.WTF??
unless they play McMahon or Pyle Or Jones into the ground, with Timani injured and Reid clearly out of favour there is no other backrower available to play 6. personally i would give Reid a run. However Faiinga has been pretty good the last couple of weeks, playing himself into form.
agree about Kingston and Burgo too.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
I would also give Reid a run off the bench. He would bring some grunt to the field! Fainga is average at the breakdown IMO. Was watching the Tahs last week - Potgeiter is a good example of how a 6 should play!

M

Moono75

This shapes as a danger game with a bit of back line shuffling required. The loss of Mathewson is unfortunate. I think he is the form scrumhalf in Australia and would stack up against anyone's form in the comp. Hopefully Prior recognizes his opportunity and steps up. Can never underestimate the Rebels they have shown good form and only lost narrowly in a number of games.

Force underdogs for this one.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
9 Nic Stirzaker ?!?!?!

Da Fuck?! Is the coach trying to prove a point or something? Did Luke Burgess sleep with his daughter?

Seriously I just cant see how Stirzaker continues to get a starting spot. From a neutral view point, I identified him as the weak link in the game agains the Highlanders. His poor passing in that game just about cost them the win. I was shocked to see him start again last week, and it was, unsurprisingly, deja vu.

Am I missing something Rebels fans?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
9 Nic Stirzaker ?!?!?!

Am I missing something Rebels fans?

no you're not !

this year his passing has been poor, not certain why. kicking worse. burgees has been better in my opinion, meehan was great in his cameos, good pass and running game.

perhaps the coaching staff have decided on the long game, and stirzaker/hegarty will start as often as they can ?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Force underdogs for this one.

Haha. nice try, but you're not fooling anyone. Whilst you might like to keep the underdog tag, it's no longer yours. The Force should be expected to win this one...they are finals contenders after all.

That's not to say the Rebels are easy beats. They look a difficult side to beat, but the Force are white hot.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm actually expecting Rebels to win this one. The streak has to stop sometime and i have a feeling it's Friday night. Out all the games we've had this is the game I feel less confident about because 'We should win this one' and you know how the force play then

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm actually expecting Rebels to win this one. The streak has to stop sometime and i have a feeling it's Friday night. Out all the games we've had this is the game I feel less confident about because 'We should win this one' and you know how the force play then

I think it could be another Ambush, Just like I called the Brumbies game down there in Melbourne. Losing Mathewson a big blow then the travel and the high after beating the Tah's.. All screams getting beat by the Rebels..

Force should win, but I would be nervous, and if I was in a tipping comp I would tip the Rebels to try and gain some points.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I will wait until the Force side is announced(any minute now)

then I will tip against them--its worked a treat so far!

nek minnit...

1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Adam Coleman*
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Ian Prior**
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins