• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I notice that Ratu Nasiganiyavi (now known as Nemani Nadolo) who surfaced with the Perth team in the defunct ARC and then went on to an amazing start in the SS with Randwick (13 tries in 7 games) before moving to Manly and then France has turned up at the Crusaders and scored a hat trick against the Cheetahs last weekend. Displaying the pace and brute strength that made him look like a potential super star when he first burst on the scene.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I notice that Ratu Nasiganiyavi (now known as Nemani Nadolo) who surfaced with the Perth team in the defunct ARC and then went on to an amazing start in the SS with Randwick (13 tries in 7 games) before moving to Manly and then France has turned up at the Crusaders and scored a hat trick against the Cheetahs last weekend. Displaying the pace and brute strength that made him look like a potential super star when he first burst on the scene.

Yeah coach, he's also come of the bench a few times this season as well

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah coach, he's also come of the bench a few times this season as well

Looked pretty impressive against the Cheetahs.
Seems as though he's finally realised how big and fast he is and is willing to take on tacklers instead of trying to chip over their heads.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
We have all these fringe Super Rugby player who are only allowed to play in their local comps. These local comps are so big and strong that we get to read about them in these forums - hey. They don't even get a write up in their respective Super teams.

Even Subbies gets a thread in NSW, so are these comps at a lower level again.

I'm sure people would like to hear how they go, how big is the step from the local comp up to Super?

(Jdent excluded).

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I don't mean to harp on it but I've had quite a few beers but the same Uni winger that shoulder charges and then elbows Harvey also does an excellent job of preventing the Wests chaser from getting to the ball to score at 31:40 on the video. He makes no effort to go for the ball himself he just deliberately impedes the Wests bloke. How useless are touchies and refs ffs?

It's obvious why he's still in 1st grade. The man is a genius. He's successfully evaded three yellow cars in one match!!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I don't mean to harp on it but I've had quite a few beers but the same Uni winger that shoulder charges and then elbows Harvey also does an excellent job of preventing the Wests chaser from getting to the ball to score at 31:40 on the video. He makes no effort to go for the ball himself he just deliberately impedes the Wests bloke. How useless are touchies and refs ffs?

It's obvious why he's still in 1st grade. The man is a genius. He's successfully evaded three yellow cars in one match!!
Agree but I have to ask why Wests didn't cite

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
if they are all yellow card incidents, then there is nothing to cite. btw, I disagree with Paul Martin on the no-try. I believe it was the correct call from the ref and AR and they made it by watching it once at full speed. As a result, I would say that they are not useless.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
if they are all yellow card incidents, then there is nothing to cite. btw, I disagree with Paul Martin on the no-try. I believe it was the correct call from the ref and AR and they made it by watching it once at full speed. As a result, I would say that they are not useless.
One eye and one ear, I believe you are wrong. There was an incident last year were a player was not even penalised but got weeks.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
That's not what I am saying. I am saying that to cite a player it needs to have deserved a red card. Your refer to the Ed Gower incident (I assume), which deserved a red card despite not being penalised and therefore he was cited and suspended. Paul Martin said that the incident deserved a yellow card, therefore if Wests had cited it, it would have been rejected. Most likely, Wests decided not to cite it as it was not as bad as many on this forum make out.
I assume that you were trying to infer that I was biased but I was just pointing out to you what type of incident can be successfully cited.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
That's not what I am saying. I am saying that to cite a player it needs to have deserved a red card. Your refer to the Ed Gower incident (I assume), which deserved a red card despite not being penalised and therefore he was cited and suspended. Paul Martin said that the incident deserved a yellow card, therefore if Wests had cited it, it would have been rejected. Most likely, Wests decided not to cite it as it was not as bad as many on this forum make out.
I assume that you were trying to infer that I was biased but I was just pointing out to you what type of incident can be successfully cited.
After re reading your post, I saw you made references to yellows and understood what you referred to.

I saw that elbow as a red, I was also amazed Steve Moore was allowed to through a "punch" and have it go un punished because he was being held on to.

Yes I was referring to Ed, just interested to see that the above 2 go unpunished whilst not looking good for the game. I do think all 3 were wrong.

All history now, looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
After re reading your post, I saw you made references to yellows and understood what you referred to.

I saw that elbow as a red, I was also amazed Steve Moore was allowed to through a "punch" and have it go un punished because he was being held on to.

Yes I was referring to Ed, just interested to see that the above 2 go unpunished whilst not looking good for the game. I do think all 3 were wrong.

All history now, looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Unforunately I don't believe there is a mechanism for an off-field retrospective yellow card.

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
That's your opinion which I can't debate as I have not watched it. A few of our fellow posters don't agree with you as they have said yellow.
Not being involved with either team, and not being from a squeamish background either, having seen it on the vimeo link provided in this thread I see it as straight red and deliberately violent cheap shot - again only an opinion fed by view of replays

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm sure he would've been suspended if he had faced a judiciary. Why didn't Wests cite? Good question. I think if he'd been yellow carded at the time then it would probably be forgotten about by now. The fact he got away with one very ugly incident plus a couple of other things still rankles a bit. Poor effort from match officials. Rugby is a hard enough game as it is,an injury from any random accident is just a moment away once a player steps onto the field. Players need to know that dangerous play will not go unpunished and refs and touchies have an obligation to all players to punish thugs and deter potential offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.