• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
He looked good in Geelong, will be interesting to see if he gets any game time. Neville can't even get some minutes at the moment.
Good to see Neville run on this week. Coach quoted on website today "It was always our intention to give guys a bit of time during the early rounds, and find out what everybody is capable of, and we've done that" so it doesn't look like Jefferies, Aholelei, Reid are in the mix.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
How's To'omua's goal kicking? He's the golden goose for either team - poster boy, well spoken, great player and not a show pony. I'd love him down here.

Aussie Mike is a pretty straight down the line player, does the small things well and kicks like a metronome. He'd be ok outside of a creative 5/8 but I reckon him and Inman in the centres would lack a bit of spark. Out of those three names I wouldn't be cheering if he was the one who came south.
To'omua isnt a goal kicker ive heard he can just not well. He'd be behind your current kickers..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
at the very least the rebels have to replace pyle and thomson, and probably ellison, horie, sau and faiinga.
is timani on a one year contract and is jordy reid signed till 2015 ?

so whatever the deficiencies in the current roster, they need two locks, a hooker, a centre and a utility back at the minimum. i don't have any idea where these may come from within the current australian players, here or OS

if you are looking at bolstering the playmaking stocks (and i think they should), then lilo is the best fit, being a local, but he has rejected prior offers and may do so again. i think mike harris would be great down here at 10 and taps should also come home, but won't.

as i alluded to in another thread, i think the post RWC landscape will be dramatically changed because of the money available in Europe, a few players will opt to go at the end of this season and get in ahead of the rush, leaving fewer options for all the australian franchises.

we will have to wait and see what the NRC throws up as new playing stock.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good to see Neville run on this week. Coach quoted on website today "It was always our intention to give guys a bit of time during the early rounds, and find out what everybody is capable of, and we've done that" so it doesn't look like Jefferies, Aholelei, Reid are in the mix.
jefferies has been injured for the past 6 weeks, Eddie A is down the rankings as Max Lahiff now looks to be (?), clearly Reid's hair is too long to play S15.

the coach doesn't seem to fancy Kingston either. i thought with the game to be won last weekend and Sau not having the best time, TT might have given a game breaker like Kingston the final 10 minutes against a tiring 14 man defence, but hey WTF would i know. (the fact he regularly seems to turn the ball over in attack obviously counts against him)

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm starting to think WTF does TT know. Hill's head was on the chopping board this time last year and the Rebel results were better than now!
Kingston should have AT LEAST come off the bench last week and Reid should have had a run when Fugistaller hurt his shoulder in Dunedin.

T

Train Without a Station

Swingpass,

unless they are both signed for longer I can't see the Rebels not looking to re-sign Fainga'a. He's clearly favoured over both Reid and Timani and appears to be in their first choice back row (I'm talking 3 starters, 1 bench) in the 23.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Swingpass,

unless they are both signed for longer I can't see the Rebels not looking to re-sign Fainga'a. He's clearly favoured over both Reid and Timani and appears to be in their first choice back row (I'm talking 3 starters, 1 bench) in the 23.
more that faiinga may not want to stay, rather than the rebs not wanting him.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'm starting to think WTF does TT know. Hill's head was on the chopping board this time last year and the Rebel results were better than now!

At least last year when we lost it was still a entertaining game of rugby, this year is barely even exciting at all.

I agree time to find the right coach, TT was never the answer and I think Hill would have 3/4 wins already if he was in charge this year.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
at the very least the rebels have to replace pyle and thomson, and probably ellison, horie, sau and faiinga.
is timani on a one year contract and is jordy reid signed till 2015 ?

so whatever the deficiencies in the current roster, they need two locks, a hooker, a centre and a utility back at the minimum. i don't have any idea where these may come from within the current australian players, here or OS

if you are looking at bolstering the playmaking stocks (and i think they should), then lilo is the best fit, being a local, but he has rejected prior offers and may do so again. i think mike harris would be great down here at 10 and taps should also come home, but won't.

as i alluded to in another thread, i think the post RWC landscape will be dramatically changed because of the money available in Europe, a few players will opt to go at the end of this season and get in ahead of the rush, leaving fewer options for all the australian franchises.

we will have to wait and see what the NRC throws up as new playing stock.

looks like a good post to start a Rebels 2015 thread.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd like to see the Rebels push hard to sign Lilo.

He would be a perfect fit for the team, and Lilo is currently the odd man out at the Brumbies (not sure whether that will change before the season's end)

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
TT was never the answer and I think Hill would have 3/4 wins already if he was in charge this year.
Kevin O - At least Hill changed the team when it was not working - McGahan is sticking to a losing formula.

I fear we are stuck with Tony...rather than the ARU payout his two year contract I suspect they shunted him to the Rebels - aaargh - bring on 2016.

This is Fugistaller's 2nd year as an international - I hope the Rebels can re-sign him for 2015

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The SMH are reporting that Jarrod Saffy is set to rejoin the NRL after his French Rugby contract ends in May.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Tony McGahan is quoted as saying that he is sad to lose Shota Horie in a couple of weeks. So Horie will be playing in Asian 5 Nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.