• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
SX, how do you think Wests will go next week?

In the preseason I predicted Wests to finish over brothers but that's not looking likely... Brothers continuing with their overachieving/punching above their weight ways.

I think Wests can win but it won't be easy.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Next round could be quite telling of how the season pans out from here.

If wests win they could be a dark horse to make finals. If Brothers win they could potentially be the only team that remains unbeaten. Easts vs University has the potential to be a cracker, if Easts lose they will be up against it as they have to face GPS and Brothers in the following weeks.

University will be in prime position as they will then have the bye to recuperate before they take on GPS. Souths have Bond and Sunnybank which you would imagine they should beat.

Could be a very interesting 3 weeks post Easter.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Absolutely Filth - I actually think McKibin was an outstanding Premier Rugby player for Brothers and was one of the main reasons that they were so hard to beat whilst he ever wore the Brothers #9.

The brother in law dig was tongue and cheek - possibly questioning Moore's impartiality in a Brothers v Souths game!

I wasn't having a go at Brother at all - for a change - and Refabit I apologise if your think I am a tosser.

I contribute honestly and frankly to this forum and I just like to see others do likewise.

Can you explain the meaning of "Refabit"? Is this a play on the word "referee"?

Your criticism of the referee - referring to a "disgrace" and naming him - is what I find unacceptable. Referees in QPR are amateurs and cop enough from the sidelines without personal abuse from online posters hiding behind pseudonyms.

That's why I think you're a tosser. Can't you just comment on the games and clubs? And what do you contribute to the game?

And yeah I ref a bit.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Does anyone with knowledge of the Refereeing ranks know when Hoffman, O'Brien or Michelmore might referee a QPR game?

I thought Paul Haydock (E v W, Rnd 3) and Luke Moloney (E v N, Rnd 4) were pretty good and treated the players with respect and in so doing got the same in return. No one likes arrogance from a referee.

Well done to those two young men who have made their way through the refereeing ranks.

Also has the exchange of Referees with Sydney been canned this year?
Hoffman is refing Super Rugby

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
SX, how do you think Wests will go next week?
I saw west play on the weekend and GPS were lucky to get away with the win frisby was the difference.Wests could beat Brothers, the dogs seem to have a real belief in themselves this year.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I saw the highlights, Dyson and I agree. GPS (and Valleys cricket) have done some modifications to Yoku Rd. I still don't understand why the 'Glue Factory' isn't in the grandstand, thought you blokes would wanna be closer to the can bar? haha. It's still a good ground to watch football from. Bottomley and Sylvan Road (from up high) are another two grounds with good viewing. Nothing beats Crosby Road though.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Your criticism of the referee - referring to a "disgrace" and naming him - is what I find unacceptable. Referees in QPR are amateurs and cop enough from the sidelines without personal abuse from online posters hiding behind pseudonyms.

That's why I think you're a tosser. Can't you just comment on the games and clubs? And what do you contribute to the game?

And yeah I ref a bit.

I can't justify this but I love giving a spray to the QPR refs but I don't waste my energy on refs at lower grades. They are doing their best and it's something I would hate to spend my spare time doing.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I saw the highlights, Dyson and I agree. GPS (and Valleys cricket) have done some modifications to Yoku Rd. I still don't understand why the 'Glue Factory' isn't in the grandstand, thought you blokes would wanna be closer to the can bar? haha. It's still a good ground to watch football from. Bottomley and Sylvan Road (from up high) are another two grounds with good viewing. Nothing beats Crosby Road though.
Come to think of it, most grounds are pretty good for viewing.

Bottomely, Crosby, St Lucia, Oldmac are my personal favourites.

Not a huge fan of Sylvan Road in terms of viewing. A bit low. The car park side of the field is great for those who enjoy the peace and quiet, but the sun is a killer. Still a nice ground though, don't get me wrong!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
if you go up high behind the posts at the far end, it's not too bad, T-12.

St Lucia is good as well. forgot about them.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Thats the thing Filth, where the tents and Glue Factory are located there are several pop-up members and players bars, hence the most heckle is thrown from that side of the field!

T

Tigers Tale

And yeah I ref a bit.

Don't worry Refabit I have and continue to contribute to school and club rugby over the years in various capacities from playing, coaching, refereeing, fund raising, admin, managing and believe just as players and coaches are subject to analysis of performance I don't think referees should not be accountable for their performances. I don't profess to referee immunity and if that makes me a tosser then so be it.

Happy Easter to all.

T

Tigers Tale

Thats the thing Filth, where the tents and Glue Factory are located there are several pop-up members and players bars, hence the most heckle is thrown from that side of the field!

I hope you don't heckle the refs from there Big Dog because that would upset Refabit.

I can't speak for the refs but the Easts players love going to places like Yoku & Crosby for the atmosphere created by the banter that the local crowd throws at the visiting team - maybe the refs just take it to heart more so than the players.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Maybe from an oppositions perspective, TT.

"Brothers continuing with their overachieving/punching above their weight ways."-SX.

I remember one year, SX, (can't recall) when Wests beat Brothers at Sylvan Road or could even of been Crosby Park and the players celebrated like they won a premiership. Do you remember? The Pilecki-Shaw Shield still stayed in our cabinet, so it would have been towards the backend of the season.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Maybe from an oppositions perspective, TT.

"Brothers continuing with their overachieving/punching above their weight ways."-SX.

I remember one year, SX, (can't recall) when Wests beat Brothers at Sylvan Road or could even of been Crosby Park and the players celebrated like they won a premiership. Do you remember? The Pilecki-Shaw Shield still stayed in our cabinet, so it would have been towards the backend of the season.

If it was at the backend of the season then the trophy came home to its rightful home sylvan rd & I believe that was the end of 2011 season.

It was last time Brothers captain David Campbell donned the doggies uniform. Won it for us after the final whistle.

We had a lot to celebrate.
Beat the minor premiers
Sent off club legend And premier captain Nick Gregorski with a win.
Avoided the wooden spoon for a fourth consecutive year. (Southspoon 2011)

You guys were/are the benchmark... Every club lifts for the Filth because no victory is sweeter then Brothers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not that I am aware of. But can't be 100% sure. I'm just a punter like you. No longer at the reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.