• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
After a reassessment this week the ARU decided that the risk of further injury to the ARU and their relationship with Folau was far more likely than further injury to Folau's throat.
EDIT:
Changed because I don't want the forum to go into melt down ..

T

TOCC

So the word from The Australian is that the ARU specifically asked the Waratahs whether they wanted them to inform Izzy and the Waratahs said "no" that they would do it..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tin Foil Hat time:

Did the ARU send any wine to Izzy's hotel in Perth to help his recovery and ease his disappointment at not being able to play?

Is this where Bazza's '59 Grange hermitage ended up?

Was the Hotel concierge sitting on a grassy knoll outside the hotel entrance when the courier with the wine arrived?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
ARU: We're resting Izzy.

Tahs: Errr, what the fuck? How are we going to score tries?

ARU: Pfft, it's just the Force.

Tahs: You know they've won 4 on the trot, right?

ARU: The Force? Gimme a break.

Tahs: No, seriously, look it up.

ARU: Look, David Pocock is a great player but he's not gonna win 4 in a row by himself.

Tahs: Poey hasn't played for the Force since 2012.

ARU: Right, yes, knew that. Still, we're sidelining Lote.

Tahs: You mean Izzy?

ARU: Right.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
If there was any significant demand for rugby merchandise, in general, it would be available at the show. ATM, other than for the die hards, most people wouldn't know or care. :(

Perhaps the Waratahs could look at scheduling one of their Olympic Stadium games to coincide with the Easter Show? Then they could have an open training session (get the kids involved as it will be around school hols) and/or offer have deeply discounted tickets or freebies to entice the show goers to come watch the game. It could also be a good way to connect with the country folk by inviting them to the game.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really think what the Waratahs need is a cross town rival. Sydney is too big a place for one team. Having a 2nd Sydney team in Super Rugby would create more stories, more games and more reasons for people to talk about rugby. It would galvanise the Waratah faithful as well as the rugby people and potential fans in greater Sydney that don't like them. The A League has thrived with 2 teams in Sydney. AFL not as much yet, but they're starting off a base of nothing. They also haven't yet created enough of a distinction between the Swans and GWS culturally. In rugby you could do it easily. GPS Tahs vs the every man's, multicultural (imports from the 4 corners) rival.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really think what the Waratahs need is a cross town rival. Sydney is too big a place for one team. Having a 2nd Sydney team in Super Rugby would create more stories, more games and more reasons for people to talk about rugby. It would galvanise the Waratah faithful as well as the rugby people and potential fans in greater Sydney that don't like them. The A League has thrived with 2 teams in Sydney. AFL not as much yet, but they're starting off a base of nothing. They also haven't yet created enough of a distinction between the Swans and GWS culturally. In rugby you could do it easily. GPS Tahs vs the every man's, multicultural (imports from the 4 corners) rival.
You know its not such a dumb idea and too really get the hate going.. (tahs would hate this but it would take) Have it be Izzy Beale and Cheika jump ship and start it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Interesting idea, but would then the whole comp require similar rivalries? Is there enough cattle? More importantly would their be enough coin from the ARU?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If there was any significant demand for rugby merchandise, in general, it would be available at the show. ATM, other than for the die hards, most people wouldn't know or care.

Even if it's only the diehards forking over their $25 for a few trinkets, you've made a bit of money and raised your profile. You'd also be surprised at what people will buy in that showbag hall that they wouldn't even think of buying elsewhere.

I mean, not even the NSWRU could lose money selling showbags could they?

T

TOCC

If there was any significant demand for rugby merchandise, in general, it would be available at the show. ATM, other than for the die hards, most people wouldn't know or care. :(

I think that is a poor excuse, there is a multitude of options they could have pursued, selling merchandise is one but plenty of other options in terms of interactive stands, sample bags for the kids etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.