• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I was up drinking late last night with a friend thinking of taking early retirement and a time share apartment on the gold coast. Those 10 years he spent boarding, he said, the best years of his life. He kept offering me his business card which I was stacking up in a kind of house of cards. Damn, he said – you never give me yours. I took my card out and slid it on over. He drank it in – cool quarter tone faux embossed cape barren dun in sans serif verdana font. It said it all and all it said was grand. He looked at me sadder than before, when the good red was finished and we had to start on the cheap stuff. Back then… he said then stopped. Back then his team had thrashed us by about 8 tries to 1. Yeah, back then. Whatever. Then he just gave my card back. Whatever.
Touché...Adversaire légèrement Digne ;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don't know anything about WAs makeup in terms of full squad.
They seemed to have plenty of reserves.
This was a Grammar squad rather than the 1sts: I would say 2/3rds of the likely 1sts.
WA much bigger butGrammar established a 14-0 half time lead.
WA finishing was poor.

The Incredible Plan

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks IS - I guess it was a bit of a dead rubber as far as WA were concerned but nevertheless it raises a few questions over the quality of the JGC (unless SGS have a good squad this year. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks IS - I guess it was a bit of a dead rubber as far as WA were concerned but nevertheless it raises a few questions over the quality of the JGC (unless SGS have a good squad this year. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was pretty willing.
Maybe when I talk to junior I'll know more about their squad but that's not a given.
I would think this Grammar squad is weaker than last year, I think. Last year's squad would have won this game relatively easily.
I know the ARU don't want to hear but this is a pretty clear indication that the JGCi is not the answer.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Inside Shoulder, This is a Douglas Adams situation. If the JGC is the answer depends on what the question is. Development of the Elite, or advanced techniques being spread to more than just the "Elite"?

The other question that the ARU probably need to justify is what was the unit cost to extend those "advanced rugby development techniques" to the entire JCG programme, and could that be done cheaper next time around.

This is the NSW GPS Thread, and speculation on value for money for the JGC is probably better on another thread.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
@Inside Shoulder, This is a Douglas Adams situation. If the JGC is the answer depends on what the question is. Development of the Elite, or advanced techniques being spread to more than just the "Elite"?

The other question that the ARU probably need to justify is what was the unit cost to extend those "advanced rugby development techniques" to the entire JCG programme, and could that be done cheaper next time around.

This is the NSW GPS Thread, and speculation on value for money for the JGC is probably better on another thread.
I dare not post these musings there

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The stated aim of the Junior Gold Programme was "To develop a national model of talent development and representative programs and events that evolves the current pathway, aligns programs and organisations and creates quality and attractive Rugby options for talented young players."

Follow the link for further information and debate on the efficacy of the JGC:

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Newmacca, I assume that you are one of the 11 brave souls who have tipped NC to win. Best of luck to you and the players. If they manage to finish in the top 3 with players drawn from last year's 2nds, 3rds and 16As, then the coaching staff deserve full recognition.

Sadly for NC supporters, I suspect that they are more likely than not to be battling Shore for 5th and 6th. The simple fact of the matter is that on previous form the players eligible for 1st XV this year aren't in the same class as those players who have left school at the end of 2013. Nothing wrong with this, it's part of the normal turnover of school players.

However they go, I'm sure they'll do the school proud.:)

Actually I tipped St. Ignatius, whilst I am a Newington supporter, I am also a realist.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know why Tim Rapp left Newington? Has he found a better job somewhere or was the thought of coaching a team of ordinary kids too daunting?

I Believe it was to take up a role with the Waratahs coaching some of the younger guys.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Anyway, Ben Manion has taken up the DOR position I understand. A great bloke and I'm sure that he'll be working with all age groups and trying to improve every player.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does he live in Mosman?

The last decent rugby bloke went to a CAS School and bypassed ARU, where he was only a director, to become the representative of the Queen of Australia,

Status
Not open for further replies.