• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
That score line flattered the crusaders. No question they were better, but the Cheetahs had tits for hands.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
The Blues revolving door defense policy continues with a nice try to Alapati Leiua

Blues are testing my resolve to remain a supporter. SJK sux as a coach.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Karma is not with the Canes this weekend. Two tries rejected through very marginal decisions and then the Blues get a penalty try from what I thought was bad ball control by the Blues 8.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Karma is not with the Canes this weekend. Two tries rejected through very marginal decisions and then the Blues get a penalty try from what I thought was bad ball control by the Blues 8.

!st try was 50-50 call, but Coles definitely deserved his for showcasing the true athleticism of the much maligned front row forward

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That pass is clearly forward, call it live you dope.

What are these guys watching? That's forward.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That pass is clearly forward, call it live you dope.

What are these guys watching? That's forward.

I wasn't saying the two tries were rejected incorrectly, just that they were marginal calls. I thought the penalty try call was wrong but I'll rewatch it later.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Definitely forward, imho. The TMO decision making this year has been atrocious (in every country). Man the f*ck up, grow a pair and call it as you see it ref.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This referee is out of his depth. Hurricanes backs within 1m of that scrum. Assistants what the fuck are you looking at? Do your job.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Thought was a lot of Hurricanes taking players out off the ball but it only got called in like the 76th min or something. The ref pretty much allowed almost anything to happen in the rucks but the Blues didn't adjust - the number of times where both teams looked at the ref for a call and just put his hands up and called play-on - the Canes learnt early and made the most of it.

The other call that bothered me was the scrum that we absolutely monstered them early in the 2nd half and they got a reset. We were going forward and had clear dominance - I thought that should have been our put in.

Benji needs to play more. How else is he supposed to get better at the game if SJK won't firkin play him?!?

Deserved win to the Canes though....Leiua and Savea are BEASTS!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thought was a lot of Hurricanes taking players out off the ball but it only got called in like the 76th min or something. The ref pretty much allowed almost anything to happen in the rucks but the Blues didn't adjust - the number of times where both teams looked at the ref for a call and just put his hands up and called play-on - the Canes learnt early and made the most of it.

Might be a better place to make this comment, but I've noticed all year that the refs seem to be allowing play to continue if the error is perhaps marginal and there appears to have been no real advantage accrued to one of the teams. Many small knock-ons especially seem to have been let go in all matches. Wonder if there has been a directive or some such thing to the refs to keep the game going?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Watched several replays of all 3 & for mine the forward pass no-try was 100% on the money, the touch in goal no-try could have gone either way but I'm scratching my head on the PT as it looks as though the Blues 8'has lost control even before Vito kicks it. Also wondering how a PT can be given for a professional foul & the culprit stay on the field - surely the fact Coles got binned 5 minutes prior shouldn't come into it so WTF?

Anyhoo, 'canes were deserved winners & now looking forward to my Crusaders v wifey's Chiefs. Should be a cracker, hopefully we can take better advantage of their injury problems than in Round 1.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Anscombe just got run over by the very Lomu-ish Nadolo

Edit: Squire gets monstored by Bird, he's in la la land. Nek minute Read is hammered and he's off for a concussion test, TKB off for a test as well. Zambucks busy tonight.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Is there a reason Sam Cane isn't starting for the Chiefs? Isn't he the heir apparent to 7 Black?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Highly intense encounter. Violently stroppy too.

Engrossing stuff considering not even a chance of a try til 38th min.

TJ's voice growing increasingly taut, fraught and distraught as the contrails of the evil empire get bogsnotted into the sodden pitch by the new dynastians.

Status
Not open for further replies.