• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bust The Line

Bob McCowan (2)
When/where is Knox's next game?

A senior squad will tour New Zealand departing on Sunday 13th April and returning on Monday 21st April. The tour will include a
training camp in Queenstown before travelling across to Christchurch to participate in a rugby festival that includes three days of
matches.
On Saturday 26th April Knox will play a trial fixture with St Patrick’s College at Strathfield in the 1st XV, 2nd XV and all A teams

nswrugby123

Frank Row (1)
My early predictions
1. Barker
2. Knox
3. Cranbrook
4. Waverley
5. Trinity
6. St Aloyius

everyone is saying aloys will come last, however with a very stong 16s team (coming 2nd) last year i think it will turn out a little differently. Also rory ververs who has been in the team at full back since yr 10 will make a big impact. others to watch out for include james dainton, nick slaven and an apparent 130kg+ prop who missed out last year due to injury
My prediction:
Barker
Knox
waverly
aloys
trinity
cranbrook

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
everyone is saying aloys will come last, however with a very stong 16s team (coming 2nd) last year i think it will turn out a little differently. Also rory ververs who has been in the team at full back since yr 10 will make a big impact. others to watch out for include james dainton, nick slaven and an apparent 130kg+ prop who missed out last year due to injury
My prediction:
Barker
Knox
waverly
aloys
trinity
cranbrook

A 130kg (plus!) schoolboy? I assume his injury was a knee that buckled.

TheHitman

Bob McCowan (2)
My prediction:
Barker
Knox
waverly
aloys
trinity
cranbrook
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Aloys came second in last years sixteens comp. there was one match that they refused to play Knox outright. I was under the impression that Cranbrook were the unofficial premiers, with Knox and Trinity battling it out for second.

That's a very bold prediction putting Cranbrook at last place.

RuggerHaz

Bob McCowan (2)
My prediction:
Barker
Knox
waverly
aloys
trinity
cranbrook

Just because he is 130+kg doesn't mean he is a good rugby player.

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
This certainly proves no-one remembers who comes second.

Looking at the CAS website nearly all results are there except the last round and I know Cranbrook beat Aloys in one of those games.

Cranbrook had 8 wins, Aloys 5 wins and 3 no-results, Knox 5 wins and 2 no-results, 4 wins and 3 no-results, Barker 2 wins and Waverley 1 win.

Aloys and Trinity had a no result from a badly broken leg during the game and Aloys and Knox were washed out as opposed to a refusal to play. They are both draws in my mind so Aloys 6, Knox 5.5 and Trinity 4.5

If anyone knows who won the Round 6 game between Aloys and Trinity and the Round 10 games between Waverley and Trinity and Barker v Knox then you can work out who came second.

TheHitman

Bob McCowan (2)
This certainly proves no-one remembers who comes second.

Looking at the CAS website nearly all results are there except the last round and I know Cranbrook beat Aloys in one of those games.

Cranbrook had 8 wins, Aloys 5 wins and 3 no-results, Knox 5 wins and 2 no-results, 4 wins and 3 no-results, Barker 2 wins and Waverley 1 win.

Aloys and Trinity had a no result from a badly broken leg during the game and Aloys and Knox were washed out as opposed to a refusal to play. They are both draws in my mind so Aloys 6, Knox 5.5 and Trinity 4.5

If anyone knows who won the Round 6 game between Aloys and Trinity and the Round 10 games between Waverley and Trinity and Barker v Knox then you can work out who came second.

I'm fairly sure Trinity beat Aloysius and Waverley, and I suspect Knox beat Barker. It looks to me that Aloys were fairly lucky to have two games against Trinity and Knox cancelled, as the other times they played them, they were beaten by both teams.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm fairly sure Trinity beat Aloysius and Waverley, and I suspect Knox beat Barker. It looks to me that Aloys were fairly lucky to have two games against Trinity and Knox cancelled, as the other times they played them, they were beaten by both teams.

Agreed not much to take from aloys position in the 16s last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
If I were a gambling man I wouldn't be putting money on a barker win in 2014. Knox's pre season form is clearly a good indication of who is the team to beat this year.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pre season form doesn't always result in wins during the season but I too think Knox to win

Good point - a lot of sniper like fixation on pre season in this thread - for example a young team like Aloysius - the team that played and lost to shore in the first trial - will most likely be entirely different by seasons end - due to improvement and injury

That is why I don't like to look too heavily into the outcome of these games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWilliamson

Frank Row (1)
Waverley finally have some players returning for their clash against St Pats on Tuesday. This could finally fix the lack of depth issue that they have been dealing with in their first three trials. I have even heard that the depth issue has been so bad that there has been a prop running around at outside centre.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Waverley finally have some players returning for their clash against St Pats on Tuesday. This could finally fix the lack of depth issue that they have been dealing with in their first three trials. I have even heard that the depth issue has been so bad that there has been a prop running around at outside centre.
where and what time is this fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.