• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Bulls, round 10 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Spoken like a true Sydney sports fan.

If the Waratahs lead Australia in anything, it's percentage of fans desperate to beat the traffic.

(And that was all just spoken like a fan with no kids).

It would be easier if the stadium was closer to the centre of Sydney. But they put it about 20km too far to the east...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, who's going to join me for pre-game drinks at The Local Taphouse tomorrow? I'll be there from 5:00pm.

NtA: spare-rib and billy lids in tow, no.
fatprop: lunch with rellies, no.
Braveheart: abandoned his Sydney post, no.
barbarian: buggered off overseas, no.
Hawko: stuck in Adelaide, no.

Who's left? :(

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It would be easier if the stadium was closer to the centre of Sydney. But they put it about 20km too far to the east.

But according to the types who run rugby in NSW, it is in the centre of Sydney.;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It would be easier if the stadium was closer to the centre of Sydney. But they put it about 20km too far to the east.

But according to the types who run rugby in NSW, it is in the centre of Sydney.;)

Two things strike me as strange:
  1. As best I can tell there's always free public transport to the ground included with the ticket fee, so this is not anything special.
  2. I have used the bus from Central often and never been badly delayed doing so, coming to the ground or leaving.
So why not drive to a station, train to Central, bus to the SFS? At those times on public transport its not hugely crowded.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I reckon that there is at least one moderator who believes that the SFS is too far West.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
fuck me, I come from the Northern Beaches and was going to head in at 5.30 to have a couple of beers in the car park prior. So what you are telling me is that I probably wont even get a fucking car park because of fumball. Fuck the SCG trust give me the shits - this is going to be carnage. I drove in ( as there is no public transport from the Northern Beaches) for the Force game for which there was a crowd of 15k.and left at 2 hours before the game. ( I life 13 kms away). I missed the first 20 mins of the game.....
fucking AFL, I hate it more than ever now.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
fuck me, I come from the Northern Beaches and was going to head in at 5.30 to have a couple of beers in the car park prior. So what you are telling me is that I probably wont even get a fucking car park because of fumball. Fuck the SCG trust give me the shits - this is going to be carnage. I drove in ( as there is no public transport from the Northern Beaches) for the Force game for which there was a crowd of 15k.and left at 2 hours before the game. ( I life 13 kms away). I missed the first 20 mins of the game...
fucking AFL, I hate it more than ever now.

Get a pushy

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Who's left? :(

Plan to watch the Swans go round so hope to see you at the game!

As best I can tell there's always free public transport to the ground included with the ticket fee, so this is not anything special.

Usually, you have to pay to use the State Transit buses to the SFS from the CBD and Central Station. Definitely have to pay to catch the train!

It's the rugby games out at the Olympic Stadium that you get free public transport.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Plan to watch the Swans go round so hope to see you at the game!

Usually, you have to pay to use the State Transit buses to the SFS from the CBD and Central Station. Definitely have to pay to catch the train!

It's the rugby games out at the Olympic Stadium that you get free public transport.

I was visiting Sydney and got a ticket to the Rebels game. I got the train from Redfern to Central and walked up to the G&GR pub. When I got on at Redfern I showed my game ticket to the guy on the gate and he let me straight through. Ditto on the return.

Don't tell me I lucked a freebie? That only ever happens to other people.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Crashy, park your car at Wollstonecraft or somewhere else on the lower North Shore, then catch a train to Central where the buses will be waiting for you in Chalmers Street to take you up to the SFS.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I reckon that there is at least one moderator who believes that the SFS is too far West.
There's one, ( me) who likes saying it, but in truth it's mainly to stir @Pfitzy. It's quite nicely placed, bus from my place drops off out the front.
But I can appreciate the issues coming from elsewhere as it is a bottle-neck that gets easily blocked.
Getting to Homebush is quite easy from the East, but like many, I just don't like the joint, which has little to do with location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pricks.

At those times on public transport its not hugely crowded.

After the other day, when the train decided to have a mechanical fault at Westmead, and the other train decided to be full of dickheads, i'm not so sure.

But I can appreciate the issues coming from elsewhere as it is a bottle-neck that gets easily blocked.

And there are enough bottle necks to deal with on the way.

It's not so much the getting in as the getting out again: buses are chockers getting out of the area. It's cold for the wife and kids, and the train ride means we won't be back near home until after 10 pm.

Still, despite all the reservations I'll probably do it, and park at Seven Hills or summat

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs to be too strong for the Bulls. A reasonably easy win in the offing, just hopefully not with a bonus point. Will set the remainder of the comp up for a titanic battle between the Tahs and Brumbies to finish top.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tahs to be too strong for the Bulls. A reasonably easy win in the offing, just hopefully not with a bonus point. Will set the remainder of the comp up for a titanic battle between the Tahs and Brumbies to finish top.

Fixed that for you. This is what I think in my moments of sanity and calmness. But then that little niggle of doubt keeps slipping back in, depending on which Bulls team turns up this could be a big win to either side because of the Bulls possible dominance in the set piece.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I remembered Francois Hougaard is still running around for them, a and the old dog Matfield will give our lineout a working over.

But around the park, after this glorious weather, I'm expecting a fast track and the Bulls to kick too much pill.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jurgen Visser out for the Bulls.

Ulrich Beyers to start.
We're farked now.

He has been one of the better Bulls players this season.

As for Hougaard he is starting to run into some form. Today's Telegraph ran an article about him. I'd forgotten that he had what was at the time described as a career ending achilles injury which saw him miss almost a year of rugby. He underwent surgery which was less than 50% chance of succeeding but apparently it worked. Happy he is on the wing where I think he is most effective.

The breakdown is really where I think the Tahs will win the match. We are playing a number 8 who is only just good enough for Currie Cup rugby at openside in Super Rugby and lock forwards at blindside and 8. The Bulls have lost five backrowers for the season, which includes both opensides. :(

Just can't expect them to really compete with that sort of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.