• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
uhh Ref was so shit.. bloody hell. New tactic " jump into tackles" Jesus christ. ohh well The streak had to end but why to the Rebels jeez there're one dimensional. Luckily they had the Ref on there side today. However I did predict this one. Also Sharpe was a dick today, He isn't as bias as Marto which is sad for us
Your tears make me so very, very, happy. Nice to see the good guys get up. A lot of cheap shots from the Force tonight. Lucky they didn't see a couple of boys in the bin.

Jones was immense, form lock in Australia. Scrum was great. Higgers outplayed McCalman. Stirzaker better, still behind Burgess. Our field kicking is awful. Got too lateral on attack. Kingston is due a start.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Without watching the game and the comments about missing alby, how did sias play? Were the rebels effective at disrupting quick ball at the breakdown? Prior is a capable halfback imo. I dont particularly want to read about how bad the ref was.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know how the Waratahs are relevant to this thread, plus I don't know you think I don't know that? It's hard to deny when you compare the Waratahs points scored with and without Folau. It doesn't change the fact I was commenting on the Force's lack of attack without Matthewson.

I reckon the Force new that they would be lacking in attack when matthewson was ruled out. Certainly looked that way tonight.no one else stood up tonight, Besides BMc, he is such a work horse

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Your tears make me so very, very, happy. Nice to see the good guys get up. A lot of cheap shots from the Force tonight. Lucky they didn't see a couple of boys in the bin.

Jones was immense, form lock in Australia. Scrum was great. Higgers outplayed McCalman. Stirzaker better, still behind Burgess. Our field kicking is awful. Got too lateral on attack. Kingston is due a start.
Not sure about what cheap shots you are talking about.

Jones was great but if you take away Higgers try McCalman had it all over him.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Honours went to McCalman. Higgers scored a good try and captained well, but his output around the ground was significantly less than that of Benny Boy.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes apart from his try I didn't think Higginbotham was all that great, he's conceding too many penalties and his carries and tackles are nothing special. McCalman's had a better season overall by far. That said I'd still have Palu the starting #8 with Fardy but I'd have them both on the bench instead of a spare lock.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Who would have thought that it would be the Rebels to bring the Force crashing back to earth.
Its a crazy but good year so far for Australian rugby.
Me I called it... injuries and 5 in a row is hard..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

McCalman would be my Wallaby 8. Career best form currently.

How good is Australian rugby looking on the pitch? If the Rebels can keep Jones, Higgers, McMahon, Colby, Toby etc then you will have a bloody good pack for years to come. I am a big fan of Hegarty at 10, but needs an older head to teach him a few things. Lilo would be a great signing.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Force were woeful with ball security. The Rebels monster end us at the ruck.
That is what lost us the game.

Not really sure where the cheap shots were? There were some tackles in the air (2?) but I think this was more excitement than dirtiness.

Really lacking in the backs. A lot of breaks made down Dellits wing.

Set piece was woeful too, Wykes adds a bit there.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)

Cheap shots, Good Guys???

What cheap shots? and It no way are Victorians good guys ha!!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
McCalman would be my Wallaby 8. Career best form currently.

How good is Australian rugby looking on the pitch? If the Rebels can keep Jones, Higgers, McMahon, Colby, Toby etc then you will have a bloody good pack for years to come. I am a big fan of Hegarty at 10, but needs an older head to teach him a few things. Lilo would be a great signing.

I think moving Lilo back to 10 would make Australian rugby stronger as a whole. The Rebels would be a whole different lot of shit to deal with if they had that mentally dominant 10 directing the attack.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Those penalties for tackling in the air piss me off. It shouldn't count if the player jumped for a pass or a bounce not from a kick. What the fuck is the defender suppose to do? Not tackle them? Why don't attackers just jump before tackles then. Use some common sense refs.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought Shota Horie was excellent. Good work rate, does the basics well and has a few extra elements to his game. You can't say there are many hookers capable of beating guys with footwork, but he can!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Without watching the game and the comments about missing alby, how did sias play? Were the rebels effective at disrupting quick ball at the breakdown? Prior is a capable halfback imo. I dont particularly want to read about how bad the ref was.

Sias was okay. Nothing special. Bombed an almost certain try. Kicked relatively well at goal and out of hand but did nothing else of note. I'd say we definitely missed Alby although there are some things I do like about Prior. Between Alby, Hayward and Morahan we are lacking spark.

We had the opportunity to go up on either side of half time which might have made the difference but we couldn't cross the chalk after multiple phases on the Rebels line. The Force of previous weeks would've come away with points in my opinion. Although props to the Rebs for some very committed and pretty disciplined defence.

The ref was fine. Nothing the ref did had a significant impact on the game. The Rebels edged us in the set piece (esp the scrum) and were probably equal at the breakdown. They were strong defensively and out-enthused us.

Definitely agree with Qwerty on the player in the air stuff. It didn't have a bearing on this game but I'd be pissed off it if happened down the track and did affect a result. As long as you don't take the legs out from under the player, I don't see any issue with it when the player jumps to take a pass.

Hopefully we will be in better shape mentally and physically against the Bulls next week. We need to beat them to stay in touch of the finals.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Those penalties for tackling in the air piss me off. It shouldn't count if the player jumped for a pass or a bounce not from a kick. What the fuck is the defender suppose to do? Not tackle them? Why don't attackers just jump before tackles then. Use some common sense refs.

About 12-18 months ago there was a bit of an epidemic of this and the refs suddenly decided this was dangerous play and penalised the jumper. That stopped it dead in its tracks. Looks like the refs will need to have another chat with each other and reset the protocol.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
And then bunny hop to the line for a simple try.

M

Moono75

yep about what id expect from you. Load of crap. The Rebels are the White Knights of the comp....please.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
yep about what id expect from you. Load of crap. The Rebels are the White Knights of the comp..please.
Force face a record thst the top teams havent done 5 in a row.. magic number. . Dont worry about this clown he likes to talk rubbish to teams up the top of the table

M

Moono75

Higgers outplayed McCalman. Doubltbul. I'd take form over the whole competition as a marker.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Higgers outplayed McCalman. Doubltbul. I'd take form over the whole competition as a marker.
Its a bad thing but Palu or Mowen will be 8 one cos his Palu ocer cos his a leader..

This isnt a dig at benny mac or Higgers. .. just what I think will happen

M

Moono75

If the Wallabies want to go anywhere this year and leading into the World Cup they need to reevaluate the make up of the team. Reputations aside. Consistant form counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.