• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Stars . NRC Official Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
probably a lot like this:

744913-sydney-sixers.jpg

Careful what you wish for Reg, the sixers did win the BBL in it's first season!

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
great logo rf.

Was procrastinating. Quickly drawn.
BjyaB9vCcAAPyn8.jpg:large

do you think you could do something with the sydney cove medallion as well?

http://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/landmarks/about_landmarks/colonial_foundations#Sydneymedallion

Josiah Wedgwood made this medallion in 1789 to commemorate the landing of the First Fleet. It is made of clay collected at Sydney Cove by Governor Phillip. He sent the sample to Sir Joseph Banks, who sent it on to Wedgwood to test its suitability for making china.

Wedgwood made the sample into a commemorative medal titled;

'Hope encouraging Art and Labour, under the influence of Peace, to pursue the employments necessary to give security and happiness to an infant settlement'.

It is more commonly known as the Sydney Cove medallion.

Sydney_Cove_medallion_1789_Josiah_Wedgwood_a128978.jpg

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Missed your posts, good to see your diary has you returning for one of the big games. All grades look strong today.
These could be season-defining games for both clubs in all grades, Dave. They will provide a good read on just where our teams are. Of course, there are other clubs who may be equally strong in particular grades but Manly and Uni have strong teams throughout.

In Firsts Manly are usually a lot quicker out of the blocks each season than Uni, who tend to get stronger as the season progresses.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sydney Coves sounds alright, but it's a bit antiques roadshow. I don't know if it'd appeal to kids. And the kids are the ones that will care most about the nickname or mascot.

I'd take a short list to a couple of local primary schools and/or high schools and get the students to vote for what they like best. Or rate each option out of 5 or something. Would be a good way of spreading the word and maybe getting some of these potential younger fans behind the team.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Sorry Bruce - no way does Uni 2 have better viewing than Redfern.
In fact Uni 2 has nothing but a cricket pitch (and fond memories for me)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
As far as Redfern is concerned, in Season 2 of the NRC, Sydney Uni No. 2 will be available and of equivalent size and offering better viewing.
Sorry Bruce - no way does Uni 2 have better viewing than Redfern.
In fact Uni 2 has nothing but a cricket pitch (and fond memories for me)
Why don't we wait and see what $10 million can achieve, coulda? And since you have fond memories of No. 2 you'll probably want to tip in for the "Building on Excellence" fund.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
M
Why don't we wait and see what $10 million can achieve, coulda? And since you have fond memories of No. 2 you'll probably want to tip in for the "Building on Excellence" fund.
Thanks Bruce - I missed that - be glad to pitch a little coulda cash at Uni 2. I will go and search for that fund now.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I looked for that Building on Excellence fund - found it mentioned but couldn't find details.
Do you want to send it to the Sydney Uni thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.