• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks Josh, where are the other two fellas from and what years are they all in? Positions?

There are no Marist recruits, judging from Rhino147's comment, it is just a group of Eddies boys having a laugh. In reply to your second post, i believe James Shepherd hasn't played any trial games due to JGC commitments, i think Marist has just come up against two very strong opponents.

Logan Stevens

Bob McCowan (2)
There are no Marist recruits, judging from Rhino147's comment, it is just a group of Eddies boys having a laugh. In reply to your second post, i believe James Shepherd hasn't played any trial games due to JGC commitments, i think Marist has just come up against two very strong opponents.

Thanks for clearing that up Michael Walker.

Matthew Hacket also known as the 'hacksaw' has been through the australian schools rugby development progam through out the off season, proving him self against some of the best players around australia, able to run 100m in mid 10's and weighs 105kg this number 8 player will be a vital part of the st edmunds college foward pack this season, his twin james brown hacket will also be the dark horse in the eddies rugby sqaud this year.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Anohter standout St Edmunds Rugby player this year, is the new South African recruit Guillaume Nuo. New to the country, only this year, this young lad is built like a brick shit house. 95kgs and will be a powerhouse against Riverview this weekend. Private training sessions in the pre season with Jeremy Mututu (Brumbies lastest recurit) has improved his speed and strength.

skippysidestep

Frank Row (1)
Anohter standout St Edmunds Rugby player this year, is the new South African recruit Guillaume Nuo. New to the country, only this year, this young lad is built like a brick shit house. 95kgs and will be a powerhouse against Riverview this weekend. Private training sessions in the pre season with Jeremy Mututu (Brumbies lastest recurit) has improved his speed and strength.

Yes i've heard of this exciting new prospect. Is there ant news on upcoming player Lewis Bozzato

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)

Eddies very disappointing against Riverview yesterday, the Sydney forwards had just too much firepower. They started off early through excellent forward play from the front row and the unlikely backrower who's name i believe is Reneker? He clearly stood up against a large forward pack and definitely will be looking to higher selections this season

Eddies had a solid backline and very vocal support from parents sitting up the top of the hill and all the fellas on their bench

Eddie's will still (hopefully) have a good season and will hopefully look to be a frontrunner in the comp

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Eddies very disappointing against Riverview yesterday, the Sydney forwards had just too much firepower. They started off early through excellent forward play from the front row and the unlikely backrower who's name i believe is Reneker? He clearly stood up against a large forward pack and definitely will be looking to higher selections this season

Eddies had a solid backline and very vocal support from parents sitting up the top of the hill and all the fellas on their bench

Eddie's will still (hopefully) have a good season and will hopefully look to be a frontrunner in the comp

Scores?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Riverview 40'ish to Eddies 14. Both Eddies tries were against the run of play, one intercept to go 70m and one kick down field to chase and score. Other than that they never really threatened the Riverview line. Having said that Eddies really put in a physical performance against a big pack. The half time score was 30 odd nil, so Eddies played a lot better in the second half.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Riverview 40'ish to Eddies 14. Both Eddies tries were against the run of play, one intercept to go 70m and one kick down field to chase and score. Other than that they never really threatened the Riverview line. Having said that Eddies really put in a physical performance against a big pack. The half time score was 30 odd nil, so Eddies played a lot better in the second half.

thanks, what about in the 2nds?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
thanks, what about in the 2nds?
I'm really not 100% sure as I got there towards the end, but I think it might have been something like 4 or 5 tries to 1 or 2 in Riverviews favour, but I wouldn't put the house on that. Talk was that View put in a much better rugby performance this week with the trial sides starting to settle down a bit. So I wouldn't read too much into the Marist / Eddies comparisons in the 2nds.

the beaver

Frank Row (1)
I believe Marist leave for New Zealand sometime this weekend, that's really all the information I have on the tour right now, what sort of information were you wanting to know?

Was more so wondering on eddies going to Sannix, and any info on touring either touring squads?

RUMaori

Frank Row (1)
Watch out for Tuggeranong Vikings and their deadly Black-Line of death! Santiago Mills, Curtis Malaetasi, Will Callen, Jonathan Pouono, Mosese Taulanga pwaaa!

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
For several years Canberra Grammar have played in the prestigious Scot's College Sevens tournament. The best result was Plate winners in 2011. The nucleus of that team went on to win the U18 championship in 2012.
Last weekend The lads from CGS once again won the Plate final.
The team will finalise their preseason preparations with a tour to Canada.
2014 will see CGS as serious contenders once again.

starkz

Frank Nicholson (4)
For several years Canberra Grammar have played in the prestigious Scot's College Sevens tournament. The best result was Plate winners in 2011. The nucleus of that team went on to win the U18 championship in 2012.
Last weekend The lads from CGS once again won the Plate final.
The team will finalise their preseason preparations with a tour to Canada.
2014 will see CGS as serious contenders once again.
That's a good prep for a possible tilt at Eddies title.

Status
Not open for further replies.