• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not bad Badger - if they could auction them for charity that would be schmick.

In other news: I think I lost my 2007 Rams jersey when I moved house :(

But it was a 2XL so would have been positively swimming on me...

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

But it was a 2XL so would have been positively swimming on me.

Charity would be good. Though if they offered that jersey to purchase then I would buy one just to have one with hopefully my name on it.

I would like to the Rams come up with a site and the options to buy season tickets reasonably soon. I have at least three to buy for.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

But it was a 2XL so would have been positively swimming on me.

Charity auction for the match worn jerseys is a great idea => proceeds to Westmead Children's Hospital?

Regret not picking up an ARC Rams jersey. Any ARC jersey is pretty much collectable now.

Charity would be good. Though if they offered that jersey to purchase then I would buy one just to have one with hopefully my name on it.

I would like to the Rams come up with a site and the options to buy season tickets reasonably soon. I have at least three to buy for.

When you sign up as a season ticket holder, you could be given the option of having your name included and to buy one of the jerseys as well.

For the version sold to the fans, it could be the same as the one the players wear but with the number 24 (match day squad plus one) on the back to reflect the difference loyal supporters give to the team and club.

The finalisation of the NRC draw and venues would probably dictate when the teams can start ticket sales.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
BlOpLkGCMAA3NXI.jpg:large

edit: clearer image

1000px-Logo_of_The_Greater_Sydney_Rams_Rugby_Union_team.svg.png

T

TOCC

I love the logo, lets hope their off-field performance is better then their US College counterparts ;)
a3yby7a7.jpg

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Theres only one of us running everything part time and unpaid right now, I'll see what we can do, but considering things right now we just want to focus on the social media channels and generating interest and communicating through there. Give us some time, everything's happened very quick and the right balance has to be found between interaction with you guys and putting the base structures and culture in place (ergh, sounds so corporate, I know)

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Theres only one of us running everything part time and unpaid right now, I'll see what we can do, but considering things right now we just want to focus on the social media channels and generating interest and communicating through there. Give us some time, everything's happened very quick and the right balance has to be found between interaction with you guys and putting the base structures and culture in place (ergh, sounds so corporate, I know)

Sounds like you are Rams HQ at the moment.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
well the boards there and the managers are all working sporadically on it because everyone has club commitments. So theres a few things happening, hope to tell you about exciting stuff soon.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Badger has it right - collect data now. Capitalise later.

What about doing it the "old school" way. Hand out flyers at Tahs home games and ask people to register their interest by filling in details on the flyer and handing it back on the night. All completed entries go into the draw to win game tickets, merchandise or meet and greets etc.

The key Tahs home game to run this would be the Brumbies match at the Olympic Stadium since it would be in the Rams catchment area.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I have to wait for the board to approve anything since the neccessary structures arent in place to facilitate ticketing, merchandise or players......

I'll pass all this stuff onto the bosses and see if they want to facilitate this. Good ideas though

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Cheers. Just want to get the ideas out there as August is getting close.

Happy to help if needed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is Michael Bell from 2 Blues on the "Board"?

If so, you are in good hands. If not, then he needs to be brought in as a Chief of Staff, Advisor or something special.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Belly's my boss for now. He's been working hard both on the Rams end and two blues consecutively so he's absolutely run off his feet.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't burn the poor bugger out.

IMHO, @Bellytwoblues is critical for rugby's presence in the West for at least another 3 years, then he will be ready to shake up NSWRU (good) or the ARU (better) in confidence that he has put in place measures to keep the Bell Doctrine alive.

Grickles

Bob McCowan (2)
For the Rams jersey design I'd really like to see a half hoop design as seen on the current Rebels away jersey

image.jpg

Just have orange as the base and blue for the hoops

I also think a centre hoop as seen on the leicester tigers jersey would be great for the away kit, with white as the base and blue & orange in the centre hoop
New-Leicester-Tigers-Kit-2013.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
@RugbyFuture - suggestion for now is on that countdown page put the facebook and twitter logos as links.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Regret not picking up an ARC Rams jersey. Any ARC jersey is pretty much collectable now.

Sydney Irish has somehow managed to end up with a set of Sydney Fleet match jerseys, probably through our Randwick connection. These were used in the early days of the club and now are our back up jerseys in case one of the coaches is out on the beer and sleeps in or if there is a clash. I must let the lads know we could be sitting on a gold mine!