• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Turban said:
And Symonds turned up against Bangladesh after the BCCI spiked his drinks?

Are you being sarcastic? :nta: No-one said the man didn't have a drinking problem, but well placed sources have stated what happened with the "gone fishing" affair and it all points to the BCCI putting pressure on everyone involved to get Harbie off his racism charge without incident. Symonds didn't appreciate being sold out by his own people over what was, at the base level, money.

That's the problem with being or hanging out with whitey - you're a racist waiting to happen. Just that Symonds had the balls to play the racist card first.

Seems to me that if I walked down a street in Mumbai and called someone a monkey, I'd be branded as a racist too...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Myself havent followed this series, but congrats to India with this victory. Want to know from Turbs his thoughts about Gary Kirsten as coach of India. Gary always a calm kind of player and maybe just the right medicine for the India players.

Myself are looking not to much forward to the Protea Aus series. Think this loss will make our task even more difficult.

T

Turban

NTA said:
Turban said:
And Symonds turned up against Bangladesh after the BCCI spiked his drinks?

Are you being sarcastic? :nta: No-one said the man didn't have a drinking problem, but well placed sources have stated what happened with the "gone fishing" affair and it all points to the BCCI putting pressure on everyone involved to get Harbie off his racism charge without incident. Symonds didn't appreciate being sold out by his own people over what was, at the base level, money.

That's the problem with being or hanging out with whitey - you're a racist waiting to happen. Just that Symonds had the balls to play the racist card first.

Seems to me that if I walked down a street in Mumbai and called someone a monkey, I'd be branded as a racist too...

WTF? Why would Symonds not want to go to India and boost his million dollar profile? He's a fucking legend there. Everyone just wants to have a go at the BCCI at every oppertunity. They have made plenty of shithouse choices but at the end of the day they are trying to do whats best for themselves. Just like everyone else. CA have always done the same.

Paarl, seems to be working well so far but one series against an out-of-form Aussie team is little to judge him on just yet. A calming influence would be just what the team needs to avoid getting carried away with their recent success. I'll get back to you in a year on that one.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh well it look like they just go on and klapping the Poms at the moment. Hope he'll learn his trade and return and coach SA. His brother is coaching Kenia and his Peter helping as consultant. The Kirstens is quite a big name in this area and my kid played on the Gary Kirsten Oval against his x school Rondebosch Boys, TB from TSF old school.

T

Turban

The Indian's aren't thrashing England. Yuvraj is smashing them by himself! ;)

The Aussie's play the Kiwi's today, heres hoping Australia can win back some pride. I wouldn't mind if the game was close thou.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oz might need to get a new top 3, Southee ripped through them
Had them 23/3. Have recovered since with Clarke and Hussey taking them to 55/3.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Shocking shot offered by Katich though - woefully out of touch on these faster wickets.

But we're getting belted. Will be interesting to see if our attack can do anything on this pitch. Haddin will need to be on his toes.

T

Turban

As much as i think Clarke is a tosser, very well played by him yesterday. Really saved the team from what would have been a horrible score. Might just have saved the match with that innings. I'm expecting the Black Caps to suffer a similar collapse. ;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
very interesting article in the latest Inside Sport about the Centre of Excellence.

They talk about a centre wicket game they play on the oval with the young stars. Bowling machine at one end, batsman at the other with a hockey net playing wicket keeper. 13 or so witches hats placed all around the field in relevant positions. The coach manning the bowling machine (for instance, programmed to bowl shoulder high bouncers at 130kph) calls a position "Mid Off" and the batsman must hit the ball (regardless of where it is pitched) to mid off. Then again "3rd man" same ball, different stroke. "Cover" and again etc etc. Apparently the top score possible is 128. Katich has the best of the Aussies at the moment with high 60s. These young lads were scoring 29.

Nice lateral thinking. Love hearing that sort of stuff. Also very interesting, despite me wishing to drop him in the first post, that Katich has the most 'ball control'. I'll admit it, I was harsh on him. Drop Haydos instead.

T

Turban

NTA said:
Its good to see a bowler's wicket after all those shocking strips in India I must say.

Yeah it was the pitches..... ::)

You and I must have a different meaning of the word 'good'. I thought it was crap that by the time i got up on sunday the match was over.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The pitches in India are shitty dustbowls almost without exception. I didn't say a thing about the results - you're the one with the complex here it would appear.

T

Turban

Off course I have a complex. The fact that you jump at every chance to bag the Indian's is just my imagination. ::)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I was referring to the issue you have with taking any criticism of India as a personal affront.

Its a simple fact that most Test wickets in India have been shitty dustbowls. The glaring exception is that Test a couple of years back where the curator gave the BCCI the bird and prepared the kind of pitch he'd like to see. Lo and behold - proof that you can have a grassy pitch in India, just that most grounds are more designed for Indian players. That's cool - what the hell else is home advantage about?

Its interesting to see some of the media wags talk about how boring the Gabba Test was. But I found it a good contrast to the endless compiling of runs almost without challenge that occurred in India recently, and a lot of the modern grounds that turn out roadbeds for flat-track bullies to gild their lily on.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
NTA said:
I was referring to the issue you have with taking any criticism of India as a personal affront.

Its a simple fact that most Test wickets in India have been shitty dustbowls. The glaring exception is that Test a couple of years back where the curator gave the BCCI the bird and prepared the kind of pitch he'd like to see. Lo and behold - proof that you can have a grassy pitch in India, just that most grounds are more designed for Indian players. That's cool - what the hell else is home advantage about?

Its interesting to see some of the media wags talk about how boring the Gabba Test was. But I found it a good contrast to the endless compiling of runs almost without challenge that occurred in India recently, and a lot of the modern grounds that turn out roadbeds for flat-track bullies to gild their lily on.

And here lies the ultimate irony in world cricket- the amount of $$ in India (which sees Symonds payed over 1 mill for a handful of 20/20 games) cannot seem to buy half-decent facilities...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Much money in Indian Cricket?

There must be. Cricket Australia are oppening an office there. Seriously!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
barbarian said:
And here lies the ultimate irony in world cricket- the amount of $$ in India (which sees Symonds payed over 1 mill for a handful of 20/20 games) cannot seem to buy half-decent facilities...

Like any other pro sport you'd care to name barb - too busy paying the players and lining the officials' pockets. Think about how long the SCG has been overdue for upgrade!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
nzcrick2_zps158fc8d2.jpg
--- by Damon Jason (aged 7) of Onehunga Primary School ---

mug4.jpg
Me, Damon.

Hello.

Welcome to my Guide to New Zealand Cricket.

New Zealand are one of the best cricket teams in the world at cricket.

They are ranked in the Top 10 in the world at cricket.

Now then, down to cricket basics.

Here as some of the technical names for the cricket
batting strokes as used by the New Zealand Cricket team.

nzcricket_zps55a25efd.jpg

Forward defense.

Cover drive.

Reverse Onehunga Sweep.

Helen Keller Swiss Cheese Cutter.

The Duck's Nuts Tail Eggnog Golden Ducker.

The Duck's Nuts Tail Eggnog Golden Duck ah what the fuck am I doing.

The Face Glance down to long-on or is it backward square I forget now

Status
Not open for further replies.