• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
if any of you guys would like to start a supporters group and have the guts to get it going I'd happily make sure you're accomodated. You want that to be started and managed by the fans with cooperation obviously, not directly from the admin.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I've been referring to the board as the shepherds because they're directing the rams....they didnt know that though.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Don't burn the poor bugger out.

IMHO, @Bellytwoblues is critical for rugby's presence in the West for at least another 3 years, then he will be ready to shake up NSWRU (good) or the ARU (better) in confidence that he has put in place measures to keep the Bell Doctrine alive.

Thanks for yet another wrap Hugh. I reckon I'd owe you a keg by now........maybe that one that was never delivered last year by McLaren Vale!!!!! Sadly that appears it was just another fake on line contest.

I reckon though that it would be fair to say that I will NEVER get a job back at NSWRU or ARU. Something about not being an old boy of Shore and being an advocate for change will have me marked as a rebel if I haven't been already.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Onto more serious things. RugbyFuture is doing great stuff for the Rams and offering some very good guidance on fan engagement amongst other things.

Personally, I like the idea of a You Tube channel to drive jersey design competitions, club song competitions etc etc.

There is quite simply, no reason why the Rams could not have the biggest supporter base in the NRC.

The west in particular is full of smart, energetic, enthusiastic and importantly young people with fresh bold ideas that old farts like me would never think of. Over to you folks, the world is your oyster.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
club song competitions etc etc.

Song? Did someone say song?

To the tune of the Marines' Hymn (or "The Halls of Montezuma" as some know it).

From the foot of the Blue Mountains,
In the Sydney's Greater West,
We will play our brand of rugby,
And will prove ourselves the best.

At the scrum and ruck and lineout,
Or when running ball in hand,
We will take the points and win the game,
We're the Greater Sydney Rams!!

Or something like that.

Gauntlet. Thrown.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Surely its the Flock more than the herd? And you can be their leader - the Flock Head. Although, you are amusing so perhaps FlockWit is better.

I did consider 'The Flock' but thought it came across a little sheepish...

Another one no ones thought of yet is fairly simplistic 'The Ramnation'. A little biblical as in 'Prepare for your Ramnation'. Might be a little bit of a stretch.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Song? Did someone say song?

To the tune of the Marines' Hymn (or "The Halls of Montezuma" as some know it).

From the foot of the Blue Mountains,
In the Sydney's Greater West,
We will play our brand of rugby,
And will prove ourselves the best.

At the scrum and ruck and lineout,
Or when running ball in hand,
We will take the points and win the game,
We're the Greater Sydney Rams!!

Or something like that.

Gauntlet. Thrown.

Sorry for the language but mate, that is fucking brilliant. Tough to beat. Challenge accepted.