• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force V Bulls @ NIB, Rnd 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Good points.

Lee Grant is a genius. A 'notta' is such a great rugby phrase, that would not be understood by anyone outside of this forum.

The man is literally broadening the vocabulary of rugby syntax.

So, what exactly is a "notta"?

D

daz

Just as an aside, I think it's brilliant that we are talking about Force games as being important for their finals chances.

It is outstanding for Oz rugby to have another team pushing into territory usually reserved for the traditional 3 - Reds, Tahs and Ponies.

I can only hope I can talk about my team in the same way in the near future.

Keep the train a-rollin' boys!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The fear about Hodgo burnout are well founded. Gaffa retweeted some stats by Alistair Hogg last night. Hodgson is leading the comp in turnovers won, 18. Closest rivals Jack Lam and Marcell Coetszee on 14. Also leading the tackle count, 125 tackles with closest rival Shane Christie on 104 followed by Jaques du Plessis on 98.

To be leading the tackle count by near on 25% shows the punishment he is putting himself through. Gotta be early favourite for super rugby player of the year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We all know that will go to a Waratah. Probably Michael Hooper.

I know it sounds unsportsmanlike, probably because it is, but I wonder if we are still in finals contention when we come back from Africa, should we tank the away game against the Crusaders and let a couple of stars rest? We go from South Africa to Perth to New Zealand and back to Perth in about four weeks. That scheduling completely sucks. We would probably have no chance against a fast finishing Crusaders side and might be better off saving our energy for crucial home games against the Blues and Reds.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Tanking a game in a congested league ladder. Brilliant idea. I strongly suggest the Force do it. :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't buy the Hodgo burnout thing. Plenty of players have played their socks off without missing games for a whole season. All the way to the final. Yank him early a couple of times. That's the best you can do.

Having said that you have a very able deputy in Stander. Just manage his time a little bit. He'll be fine.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I remember when the Tahs tanked a game against the Crusaders to prepare for their semi final the next week against the Brumbies.

I also remember when the Force tanked the game against the Lions last year to prepare for the game against the Tahs a couple of days later.

The jury is still out on whether the results were a clusterfuck or a complete ballsup.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I remember when the Tahs tanked a game against the Crusaders to prepare for their semi final the next week against the Brumbies.

I also remember when the Force tanked the game against the Lions last year to prepare for the game against the Tahs a couple of days later.

The jury is still out on whether the results were a clusterfuck or a complete ballsup.
Full-retard clusterfuck with all the condiments.

D

daz

Coming into the pointy end of the season, with every competition point worth gold and a loggerhead of teams fighting for that spot in the top 6, if any coach even thought of taking his foot off the pedal he would be a fucking lunatic.

Keep the train going at full steam and manage the squad as best you can. Player depth and staying on message is the key, and remember that every other team is as tired and injured as yours.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think Blue is right, all you can hope is to manage the player workloads and get them some rest at the end of games if you can.

There's an iron law of football competitions too: never, ever, under any circumstances, flirt with your form. It can disappear rapidly, so take every single point you can when you can.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Flip van der Merwe won't be playing for the Bulls after getting a 3 week suspension for punching in the Waratahs game last week

Status
Not open for further replies.