• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Vikings have already annouced that even if the games are called off - they will be moving the game and be playing Owls at Viking Park....

Hard to tip because its the 1st look at the teams but i'll go -

Vikings 20+
Royals 10+
Gungahlin 10+

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Vikings have already annouced that even if the games are called off - they will be moving the game and be playing Owls at Viking Park..

Hard to tip because its the 1st look at the teams but i'll go -

Vikings 20+
Royals 10+
Gungahlin 10+

I was out at the UNI - VIKINGs games today. Vikings won all but 4th grade. Lots of new faces on both teams which was great to see. Any news from other clashes today

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I was out at the UNI - VIKINGs games today. Vikings won all but 4th grade. Lots of new faces on both teams which was great to see. Any news from other clashes today

Yea Vikings won all but 3rd grade -

1st Grade - 39-14 - to Vikings
2nd Grade - 28-13 - to Vikings
3rd Grade - 14-7 - To Uni
4th Grade - 43-10 - to Vikings

Colts - 58-16 - to Vikings

Of course for the "1st round" it was abit sloppy - but I do think Uni are a improved unit through all the grades (besides maybe 4ths/Colts)

Other games -

Eagles V Easts -

1st Grade - 46-14 - to eagles
2nd Grade - 64-0 - to eagles
3rd Grade - 31-5 - to eagles
4th Grade - Easts forfiet - win to eagles

Colts - 14-0 - to eagles

Royals V Whites -

1st Grade - 36-17 - To Whites
2nd Grade - 27-19 - To Whites
3rd Grade - 24-11 - To Whites
4th Grade - 50-12 - To Whites

Colts - 13-5 - To Whites

Wests - BYE

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
My Bad. 3rd grade lost not 4ths with Vikings. I thought the Uni 1st grade team were definitely a much better team then last year. I think they can definitely give a few teams a good crack this year!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My Bad. 3rd grade lost not 4ths with Vikings. I thought the Uni 1st grade team were definitely a much better team then last year. I think they can definitely give a few teams a good crack this year!

Yea mate they looked alot more structured side,also alot more physical and also just bigger around the park - I think Easts are in for another tough year - looking at how their grades went - not good to see and really not sure what they can do to improve...

Spoke to a guy who plays for Royals and he also said Qbn are very much improved through every grade....could be a strong year for the Whites....

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
[Spoke to a guy who plays for Royals and he also said Qbn are very much improved through every grade..could be a strong year for the Whites..[/quote]

Could just be a case of a classic slow start for Royals - not usually a side that's fully fit/all guns blazing for round 1.

Good feeling around the club though, plenty of confidence that this could be the year of the blue bag, I'm sure the boys will turn it around. They are a great side on paper.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does anyone know if most clubs will opt out of playing over the ANZAC weekend and arrange other times? Keen to go watch Royals V Uni next weekend - so hopefully they are playing.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This game should be a cracker. First grade kick off is 7.40pm apparently. Might go down and take a peak!

Yep should be a good one across the board - heard Qbn are improved across the board.

All games will be played on No.2 oval though as No.1 is closed currently.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Qbn are a good side this year - very much improved - if the 1st grade game had another 5-10 mins I would say they would of got it over the Vikings.

It look like Vikings lack some strike power towards the end of the games - 1st seemed to have in wrapped up at 20-10 and also 2nds seemed to have it wrapped up at 24-7 with 15 mins to go - thats abit of a worrying sign - maybe their bench players are not upto stratch?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Qbn are a good side this year - very much improved - if the 1st grade game had another 5-10 mins I would say they would of got it over the Vikings.

It look like Vikings lack some strike power towards the end of the games - 1st seemed to have in wrapped up at 20-10 and also 2nds seemed to have it wrapped up at 24-7 with 15 mins to go - thats abit of a worrying sign - maybe their bench players are not upto stratch?

I wondered down to Vikings yesterday for a look considering the game was a Thursday night. I thought First grade was a great game and bruising affair. Agree Queanbeyan might have won if they had a few more minutes.

I think Vikings 2nds definitely started to be run down after making subs. In first grade though, I don't think Vikings actually made very many. Queanbeyan are a momentum team and if you give them a sniff they will act, which is what I think happened last night thus why they were finishing strong. In comparison to past years, it seems Vikings have quite an inexperienced and young side, so maybe that has something to do with their ability to finish the game.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wondered down to Vikings yesterday for a look considering the game was a Thursday night. I thought First grade was a great game and bruising affair. Agree Queanbeyan might have won if they had a few more minutes.

I think Vikings 2nds definitely started to be run down after making subs. In first grade though, I don't think Vikings actually made very many. Queanbeyan are a momentum team and if you give them a sniff they will act, which is what I think happened last night thus why they were finishing strong. In comparison to past years, it seems Vikings have quite an inexperienced and young side, so maybe that has something to do with their ability to finish the game.

Yea mate I think your right - I think it will take them a few weeks to start to click - will be interesting where Ah Wong fits into the side in the coming weeks - playing a full game in 2nds @ 13 and them some 1sts in the same pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.