• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs Rd 11 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Grand final match up in Canberra on Friday arvo at 5:40.

I think with the few injuries they have that the Brumbies are a real chance and don't have the handicap of having just traveled to South Africa, in fact they've had a week off to recharge the batteries and I think will be in their favour.

Here's the Chiefs side:
  1. Pauliasi Manu
  2. Mahonri Schwalger
  3. Ben Tameifuna
  4. Ross Filipo
  5. Brodie Retallick
  6. Nick Crosswell
  7. Sam Cane
  8. Liam Messam ©
  9. Augustine Pulu
  10. Gareth Anscombe
  11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
  12. Bundee Aki
  13. Andrew Horrell
  14. Tim Nanai-Williams
  15. Tom Marshall
  16. Nathan Harris
  17. Jamie Mackintosh
  18. Josh Hohneck
  19. Matt Symons
  20. Tevita Koloamatangi
  21. Brad Weber
  22. Dwayne Sweeney
  23. James Lowe

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

I think with the few injuries they have that the Brumbies are a real chance and don't have the handicap of having just traveled to South Africa, in fact they've had a week off to recharge the batteries and I think will be in their favour.

Here's the Chiefs side:
  1. Pauliasi Manu
  2. Mahonri Schwalger
  3. Ben Tameifuna
  4. Ross Filipo
  5. Brodie Retallick
  6. Nick Crosswell
  7. Sam Cane
  8. Liam Messam ©
  9. Augustine Pulu
  10. Gareth Anscombe
  11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
  12. Bundee Aki
  13. Andrew Horrell
  14. Tim Nanai-Williams
  15. Tom Marshall
  16. Nathan Harris
  17. Jamie Mackintosh
  18. Josh Hohneck
  19. Matt Symons
  20. Tevita Koloamatangi
  21. Brad Weber
  22. Dwayne Sweeney
  23. James Lowe

Hmmm - we seem to have 2 game threads - I think once the anthems are complete we will focus on the game. Merge threads?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Here's the Chiefs side:
  1. Pauliasi Manu
  2. Mahonri Schwalger
  3. Ben Tameifuna
  4. Ross Filipo
  5. Brodie Retallick
  6. Nick Crosswell
  7. Sam Cane
  8. Liam Messam ©
  9. Augustine Pulu
  10. Gareth Anscombe
  11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
  12. Bundee Aki
  13. Andrew Horrell
  14. Tim Nanai-Williams
  15. Tom Marshall
  16. Nathan Harris
  17. Jamie Mackintosh
  18. Josh Hohneck
  19. Matt Symons
  20. Tevita Koloamatangi
  21. Brad Weber
  22. Dwayne Sweeney
  23. James Lowe

I reckon the Brumbies might just take this. That's a severely depleted side - look at the replacements from 18 up! Filipo and Crosswell starting don't scare anyone. With Carter back and a week off I reckon the Brumbies are specials.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Carter is definitely back and Lealiifano is probably going to play at inside centre which means Chuck Norris Pat McCabe is on the bench

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Carter is definitely back and Lealiifano is probably going to play at inside centre which means Chuck Norris Pat McCabe is on the bench

Good to see Sam back. Adds a lot of starch to the forwards' area. Bad luck for Pat after his good showings at 12 this year, but wouldn't mind seeing him get a run at 13 later in the game to see how he goes outside To'omua/Lealiifano.

Chiefs will be a hard nut to crack. Hopefully the Brumbies bring an 80 minute attacking game plan similar to first half against the Reds but with better ball control in contact. Keep the kicking to the minimum required for field position, not as a lead preserving tactic.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I think the Brums will get up. Getting Carter back is a big positive. The break will do them well and there will be plenty of spirit surrounding the game.

The Chiefs are down afew players but will still be tough.

Looking forward to this one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I reckon the Brumbies might just take this. That's a severely depleted side - look at the replacements from 18 up! Filipo and Crosswell starting don't scare anyone. With Carter back and a week off I reckon the Brumbies are specials.
You could be right to Hawko, there are 11 of Chiefs out, and I think probabl 9-10 would be bloody close to preferred starters.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies fans, o mighty, mighty Brumbies, you could do us poor Tahs followers a HUGE favour by beating the Chiefs this weekend. Thanks. We'll return the favour some time. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Brumbies are rightfully strong favourites for this game. Playing at home against a depleted Chiefs side should be a game they win.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1 Scott Sio
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Scott Fardy
5 Sam Carter
6 Jordan Smiler
7 Jarrad Butler
8 Ben Mowen
9 Nic White
10 Matt To'omua
11 Robbie Coleman
12 Christian Lealiifano
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Joe Tomane
15 Jesse Mogg

16 Siliva Siliva
17 Ruan Smith
18 JP Smith
19 Jack Whetton
20 Tom McVerry
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Andrew Smith
23 Pat McCabe

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McVerry over McCaffrey?

Interesting.........

McCabe very unlucky to be dropped on his form.......

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Would have dropped Coleman and shifted McCabe to the wing. Coleman has been great but McCabe has been better.

No Cruden for the Chief's is a big plus for us.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Patty a break Leo a chance and McVerry an out and out fetcher

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I am really interested to see how the Lilo and To'omua combination works as a staring combination - been awhile. Having Patty as a fall back is certainty provides some security.

Also looking forward to seeing McVerry get a run.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Brumbies favourite ON PAPER, based on home advantage and Chiefs' list of absentees.

Brumbies though have to turn up with no passengers and put the opposition away like in a sudden death game. Absence of Cruden great advantage.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies favourite ON PAPER, based on home advantage and Chiefs' list of absentees.

Brumbies though have to turn up with no passengers and put the opposition away like in a sudden death game. Absence of Cruden great advantage.

Yes they will and they need to make the most of the opportunity with the absence of some key Chief's players. A win could establish the confidence and momentum needed for this series of tough games.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Patty a break Leo a chance and McVerry an out and out fetcher

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Since when has McVerry been an out and out fetcher? He is an open side, but my memories of him were not of him being an out and out fetcher. He's closer to what Lee Grant called a "notter".

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
McVerry over McCaffrey?

Interesting...

McCabe very unlucky to be dropped on his form...

Interesting in the Sir Humphrey Appleby sense. Absolutely astounding to me - McCaffrey has looked very good in the time he has got this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.