• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force V Bulls @ NIB, Rnd 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Blou Bulle

15 Jurgen Visser
14 Akona Ndungane
13 JJ Engelbrecht
12 Jan Serfontein
11 Bjorn Basson
10 Jacques-Louis Potgieter
9 Francois Hougaard
8 Grant Hattingh
7 Jacques du Plessis
6 Jono Ross
5 Victor Matfield c)
4 Paul Willemse
3 Werner Kruger
2 Bongi Mbonambi
1Dean Greyling

Replacements:
16 Bandise Maku
17 Mornè Mellett
18 Marcel van der Merwe
19 Wimpie van der Walt
20 Jacques Engelbrecht
21 Rudy Paige
22 Handrè Pollard
23 Ulrich Beyers

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just saw the footage, what was Flip thinking? Besides he was pretty hard done by in comparison to Steve Moore.

You just can't get away with that stuff, especially when all the cameras are zoomed in on where you are trying to punch.

Great for us, a little bit more confident now.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think what Flip did was far worse than Stephen Moore. Moore punched Quirk, sure, but it was to the body and Quirk was being a fuckwit. Flip punched at Ryan's head and he was defenseless at the bottom of a scrum.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I don't buy the Hodgo burnout thing. Plenty of players have played their socks off without missing games for a whole season. All the way to the final. Yank him early a couple of times. That's the best you can do.

Having said that you have a very able deputy in Stander. Just manage his time a little bit. He'll be fine.

Agreed - he's playing the full 80 of every game, in a brutal manner. Not saying he shouldn't play, just manage his time, as you say. Sub him at 60 min or so, if they think Stander is up to the task.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow I thought it would have to be quite bad to get 3 weeks, that should've got more. Complete dog shot.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We all know that will go to a Waratah. Probably Michael Hooper.

I know it sounds unsportsmanlike, probably because it is, but I wonder if we are still in finals contention when we come back from Africa, should we tank the away game against the Crusaders and let a couple of stars rest? We go from South Africa to Perth to New Zealand and back to Perth in about four weeks. That scheduling completely sucks. We would probably have no chance against a fast finishing Crusaders side and might be better off saving our energy for crucial home games against the Blues and Reds.

I've just realised- after the Crusaders game there is the four week break for European Internationals. So there wouldn't be any benefit if the Crusaders game was tanked because the majority of the squad will be rested during that four week break anyway. That is actually a really well timed break.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Flip flipped the flipping twat.

'bout right three weeks.

Captain and the Bulls are carrying more key injuries in the pack that any other team. One expects more. Sums up where the Bulls are at.

His deputy is pretty pedestrian. Set piece to set piece sort of lump.

Damn season is going further down the toilet.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Force

Kick-off: 5.40pm (AWST)
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Adam Coleman
5. Sam Wykes
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Ian Prior
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Marcel Brache
14. Dane Haylett-Petty
15. Jayden Hayward
Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Wilhelm Steenkamp
20. Brynard Stander
21. Justin Turner
22. Zack Holmes
23. Chris Tuatara-Morrison

M

Moono75

Great to see Jayden back.

Jayden will provide some much needed spark from the back. DHP on the wing could be interesting. He has some attacking flair but needs to sometimes hold the pass rather than forcing it in a bad situation.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah thought the same I'm guessing they think Wykes and Coleman give them abit more at scrum time which is where we were lacking big time last week.

I reckon its just that Coleman played a blinder and they wanted to support his good form. Surprised they didn't go with Coleman and Steenkamp and eased Wykes back in, he looked pretty bashed up after the Tahs game.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maybe the starting gig was a carrot to get Coleman to sign on for a few more years. Maybe Foley is concerned that Matfield will be able to read Steenkamp's lineout too easily. Maybe they just wanted to give Steenkamp a rest. Maybe they thought Steenkamp might get wound up by his old team mates and would give away silly penalties. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.