• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canes v Reds @ TheCakeTin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
In all seriousness though, the reds will be luck to be within 30 points.

This reds team is utterly dire are the moment and the hurricanes are on fire. At home. Where we never win. Against a side we barely ever beat. Who are scoring tries left, right and centre. And we aren't able to score at all.

I just don't see us in the game at all.

T

tranquility

mate it has been an issuye just about every time he packs down (over the past 4/5 years). Puts the rest of the piggies underenormous pressure and gives off a terrible but justified perception to referees

Truly. But you can't ignore his work in the tight. He is so busy, and loves cleaning out. Always puts his hand up for a carry too. Our ruck is much secure with Dales on the field.

T

tranquility

In all seriousness though, the reds will be luck to be within 30 points.

This reds team is utterly dire are the moment and the hurricanes are on fire. At home. Where we never win. Against a side we barely ever beat. Who are scoring tries left, right and centre. And we aren't able to score at all.

I just don't see us in the game at all.

Put the eye patch back on, its too bright!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Truly. But you can't ignore his work in the tight. He is so busy, and loves cleaning out. Always puts his hand up for a carry too. Our ruck is much secure with Dales on the field.

Suppose it will be in the stats. will be interesting to compare Dales and Slip against each other

T

tranquility

“When you have two forwards with latent aggression (skipper James Horwill and Daley) the rest tend to jump in behind.”

I hope RG is on the money here, and it comes to fruition.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Red's are now officially fucked.
I just took the $3.20.
Sorry Reds fans.....
(Brumbies fans are safe, I took the 2.40 on the chiefs)

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Quite an amusing thread. Lots of doom and gloom in the write ups, but then final predictions of "Reds by x" :)

I think the Canes will win because they have been far more accurate in defence over the past month. Jack Lam and Vito, as they have in the last few games made it very difficult for opposing halfbacks and 1st 5s to get the space or width they need. Reds will be hoping Beau can do likewise with Barrett who is in a rich vein of form at the moment.

As for scoring, the Canes tend to score in bunches. For long patches they won't trouble the scorers but then in a flash they'll put 14 points on their opposition.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quite an amusing thread. Lots of doom and gloom in the write ups, but then final predictions of "Reds by x" :)

I think the Canes will win because they have been far more accurate in defence over the past month. Jack Lam and Vito, as they have in the last few games made it very difficult for opposing halfbacks and 1st 5s to get the space or width they need. Reds will be hoping Beau can do likewise with Barrett who is in a rich vein of form at the moment.

As for scoring, the Canes tend to score in bunches. For long patches they won't trouble the scorers but then in a flash they'll put 14 points on their opposition.

Tend to agree. Horrorcanes D is leaky but Reds attack is pretty crap right now esp if someone gets in QC (Quade Cooper)'s face & Genia starts with the box kicking.

Reds will have to either keep ball in hand (could be tricky in the expected conditions) or kick for touch & rush up to prevent the quick throw: any kicks that go to hand will be punished, as will turnovers.

Looks like it'll be a wet night so 'canes may not get the 4-try BP & Reds may get close enough to pick up a losing BP so 'canes by 6ish.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
gel, I agree with your comments re Chris FS. From where I was sitting, (row 9 at Suncorp Stadium), Chris looked 'out of his depth' against the Brumbies, and took several bad options. TBH, he did have plenty of Reds mates doing the same in the first half!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The Reds scrum to date in 2014 with Slips at LHP has been the best over the past several years. Daley is woeful at scrumtime. Everyone knows it. Sure he is OK around the paddock but so is Greg Holmes.

Why fuck around with a winning scrum ?? - am starting to think RG is making some shit decisions.

It will be interesting to see how Daley goes - luckily for him the Canes scrum is not one of the strongest this year.
Generally a weak scrum is not savaged by the ref in the first portion of the game, they get warnings. By using the weakest prop at the start of the game maybe the coach is trying to get a get out of jail free card for the first portion of the game.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think the key for the Reds is limiting their errors.

The Hurricanes are great at exploiting turnovers. If I was the Reds I'd be trying to play a bit of a field position game and focus on set piece.

It might be boring, but playing a lower risk game with fewer errors seems like the best way to beat the Hurricanes to me.
Link seemed to be able to use a different game plan against different teams, this seems to be lacking this year. I love running rugby but much prefer wins, hopefully the coaches have a plan to control the ball and limiting the chance of errors

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a sunny evening in Wellywood & 16C with a gentle by Wellington standards 19kph wind, 53% humidity & 0 chance of rain. Should suit the 'canes attack, I can sense @Dan54 getting excited & a few Qland buttholes starting to clench.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not really. The favourites have gone down in 2 of the 3 matches so far this weekend.
Reds with a BP. You read it here first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I can sense buttholes starting to clench.

Wow, what a skill!
8a4bd63b92aa20a7480e266ab2a663dbcaac4fd3ee37fd36e143696223b07264.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not really. The favourites have gone down in 2 of the 3 matches so far this weekend.
Reds with a BP. You read it here first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but home teams are 2/3 so it evens out, dunnit. I dislike the 'canes slightly less than the Reds for their respective sins against my lot so I'll back the lesser evil.

T

TOCC

5min in and JJ Tualagi has the points on Savea so far ;)Showing some good confidence.

Try! Lucas in!

Status
Not open for further replies.