• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I just want us to fill Ballymore with cow bells and have a crazy guy in a cherry picker swinging a chainsaw about. Now that's rugby.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Surely we have an Australian version of 'Possum' floating around somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tip

2 QLD teams doesn't really help improve QLD or AUS rugby depth.

The QRU has 30 contracted players, and then there are probably 10 or so in academy development with the Reds.

So really, there won't be much blooding of club players as the Reds squad would take up the majority of starting positions in both teams. ESPECIALLY at Hooker & Halfback where I'd think it's pretty doubtful that we'll see any up&comers.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
2 QLD teams doesn't really help improve QLD or AUS rugby depth.

The QRU has 30 contracted players, and then there are probably 10 or so in academy development with the Reds.

So really, there won't be much blooding of club players as the Reds squad would take up the majority of starting positions in both teams. ESPECIALLY at Hooker & Halfback where I'd think it's pretty doubtful that we'll see any up&comers.

When Wallabies squad and post season surgeries kick in, it should open up about 20 spots for amateur club QPR players to experience a professional environment and for themselves and relavent talent ID people to assess if they can make a go of a higher level or not.

It will also provide genuine competitive rugby matches for the Super Rugby squad players, EPS players and WTS players. Where their pure speed or size isn't such an advantage like it is in club rugby.

T

Tip

This is my primary problem with these shenanigans... QLD have the second strongest club competition in Australia. How on earth can 20 spots adequately provide enough opportunities for that amount of talented Rugby Players.
Why would any decent athlete muck around in Union when they can play colts league and get paid $200 a week.

We produce half the talent, but have less than a quarter of the teams.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm also kinda sure that I read earlier that there were only 2 applications for QLD teams.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm also kinda sure that I read earlier that there were only 2 applications for QLD teams.

I heard that initially there weren't any and then the QRU was obliged to step in. The QRU did an abysmal job of it last time but it's a completely different joint to 2007.

Bond have come to the party and whilst they do have the facilties, money and commitment the GC doesn't have the players, supporters or economic ability for a sustainble team.

I dreamed of Easts entering a team and I wished Easts, Souths and Sunnybank went in a JV but like all QLD clubs they have no will or drive to become professional entities.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It will be far more than 20 spots. There's 35 contacted Reds players.

10 will be Wallabies and 5-10 will be injured (or need a postseason cleanout). So really you'll have 15, or at MOST 20, over 2 teams.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
This is my primary problem with these shenanigans. QLD have the second strongest club competition in Australia. How on earth can 20 spots adequately provide enough opportunities for that amount of talented Rugby Players.
Why would any decent athlete muck around in Union when they can play colts league and get paid $200 a week.

We produce half the talent, but have less than a quarter of the teams.

This is essentially the same as redistributing the wealth. The excess good Qld players are likely to go west or south and then make it easier for the rebs or force to sign them. Good for Aus rugby buy likely detrimental to Qld rugby.

Same will happen in NSW, but to a slightly lesser extent.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
generous..

You think?

Definites are Quade, Saia, Genia, Gill, Harris, Horwill, Simmons, and Slipper. That's 8.

Possibles are Ant, CFS, Hanson, Schatz, Tapuai, and Turner. That's another 6 of which I'd expect a couple to sneak in.

I think 10's pretty realistic.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You think?

Definites are Quade, Saia, Genia, Gill, Harris, Horwill, Simmons, and Slipper. That's 8.

Possibles are Ant, CFS, Hanson, Schatz, Tapuai, and Turner. That's another 6 of which I'd expect a couple to sneak in.

I reckon only CFS and Hanson of your possibles list are possible.

Can't see Saia or Harris making it. Gill a long shot too.

On current form QC (Quade Cooper) definitely doesn't make the starting team, so not sure he'd make the 23.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You think?

You'd expect Cooper, Genia, Slipper, Simmons, Horwill and Gill to be in the Wallabies squad, with probably only the first 4 in the 23.

Chibba Hanson is probably the only other that has a chance of making the squad.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Well at least this is still around now sanzar has finally shown they've lost it. I'd rather stand on the hill at ballymore anyway than a half empty all seater.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Okay fine fair enough, but yes I agree with the consensus here that Brisbane City is fine.
  • Match Day Experience
- Have an announcer that announces the try scorer, score and teams at the start of the game.​
Other than that, shut the fuck up​
- Don't play atmosphere killing music during general play - this really pisses me off at the moment. At The Brumbies v Reds it was arguably building into the biggest atmosphere of the season and when that atmosphere was about to reach palpable levels some Chinese take off of 'The best of Hans Zimmer' started playing like a 747 Jumbo jet over the loud speakers. No. The best games for atmosphere don't have sponsors and promoters and fake epic music blasting in people's ears.​
Maybe they should play some of that music that gets played at GPS swimming...​

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't mind the idea of each player having a song that is played when they score a try. If the player gets to pick the song it can be a bit of an insight into what they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.