• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs Rd 11 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Since when has McVerry been an out and out fetcher? He is an open side, but my memories of him were not of him being an out and out fetcher. He's closer to what Lee Grant called a "notter".

I think he played mostly 6 as a substitute in those days, because Croft would generally play the full 80. Definitely a 7 by choice though. Notta bad bloke to have on the bench.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think he played mostly 6 as a substitute in those days, because Croft would generally play the full 80. Definitely a 7 by choice though. Notta bad bloke to have on the bench.

He actually got a lot of starts in the season before he left. Played a lot of 6 and 8 as well. Yeah definitely a 7, but I never thought of him as a breakdown pest like Croft at all.

Of the Brumbies stable right now, he's the only fit player that even resembles an open side so the selection shouldn't be too surprising. Butler has done a fine job, but he's what he looks like: a young eager mobile number eight filling in at open side.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I've been quite impressed with the way Butler has filled in at 7 but I am supposing he will be the stand by No 8 if there is a problem in this game and then McVerry comes in at 7. Probably why he was preferred on the bench to McCaffrey, although he McCaffrey has been playing good football when he's come on.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Tom McVerry, now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time!

I really hope that when he gets on the field he plays really well as he deserves some good fortune with all the off field stuff he is having to deal with.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The Blues v Tahs match has made me a little more nervous.

Classic NZ team performance, never looking like losing.

Still think the Brumbies will do it though. They are coming off a bye but are playing the best possible opposition, they could train for a couple of weeks for a grand final rematch. The motivation is there and the Chiefs are away with an understrength team.

Last year's final was decided by less than a converted try. I think the Brumbies are in a position to eclipse that deficit. It is also interesting to remember that Lealiifano scored all 22 points for the Brumbies that day. I feel that his return to the starting line up is both timely and deliberate.

Here's the highlights of the that final:

go to 5:47 for Lealiifano's try

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brumbies fans, o mighty, mighty Brumbies, you could do us poor Tahs followers a HUGE favour by beating the Chiefs this weekend. Thanks. We'll return the favour some time. ;)

That's a lie. We need to catch the ball to do that

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Good clean up from Moore. White another kicking error. Get em out of the way early son.
Chiefs attacking in the 22
8min gone
0-0 and a probable 3 points for the Chiefs.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Walsh has a post graduate degree in talking things through with front rows generally.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Looks like it's gonna be 3-3
16min gone, good possession from the brums is rewarded with a penalty almost in front.
Can lealiifano get 402 career points? Yes

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Any thing the chiefs have a plan to grab fardy off the ball

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.