• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
My 2 cents worth and no doubt not very different from what a lot of you have already posted.

I live about 12 km from the SFS. I don't take public transport to the game unless I go straight to it after work on a Friday.

If I go on a Sat night, I usually take the little one (age 4) along. This means no public transport, because by the time I get to a train station from my place and then a bus up to Moore Park, it will have taken the best of an hour and a half. That also assumes that the trains are running because weekends are always reserved for City Rail track maintenance.

Having to get back home with a 4 year old way past her bedtime also means that public transport is not an option.

So drive it is... And then parking is at least $20 to $25. Last weekend was a nightmare with the swans game on and the mini Easter show at the old Fox studios. We managed to get parking at fox.

If you park at the grounds in front, good luck with getting out within 30 minutes. People might not like Olympic Park much but at least it doesn't take that long to exit the car park.

Food - kids tend to eat most stuff (if its not green) but the stuff they serve at the SFS is not up to scratch. Lines for food and drinks - forget it. Why would I stand in line to miss 15 minutes of game time? Prices - well.. Captive audience, I guess. So we always eat before the game and I don't bother buying drinks there anymore.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Can anyone think of any new, innovative or even rehashed promotional ideas that the Waratah's Marketing department have introduced in 2014?
Please don't include initiatives driven by the rugby department.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I drink and eat before going to the game these days. Sick of the long queues, crap food and beer and poor service.
Yep,been there done that.
In an absolute emergency we buy a bottle of drink.
We eat before or after,sometimes both.
But NEVER do we eat there anymore,not even a topic of discussion.
I can eat shit food if I have to.I will pay well overs if I have fucked up my timetable and reduced my options.i will even wait in a line for 1/2 an hour to get served if I am desperate.
But I will not line up for 30 minutes to buy shit food at 300% markup,not ever, not even if my stomach thinks my throat has been cut.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Did he use the word demand though - I cant see it in the article. In any event the points noted are the same things that are regularly raised on this site to explain why the tahs crowds are poor. Poor parking and transport to the ground, poor beer and food service. Why shouldnt the tahs pressure to get better service/arrangements? Its a tough crowd here.
Paragraph 7:
“Following a number of serious complaints at the standard of service and facilities provided by the Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust (SCG) after the game against the Rebels on March 21, Waratahs Rugby formally notified the Trust of the level of service and facilities that it expects and demands for its members and fans,” Allen’s letter said.

The Tahs should look after the interests of the organisation and its crowds. But are they going about it the best way via the media?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Can anyone think of any new, innovative or even rehashed promotional ideas that the Waratah's Marketing department have introduced in 2014?

Whatever happened to this?
NEW for 2014 - Members Badge Draw
For the 2014 season, we’re introducing a new member loyalty reward in the form of a home game badge draw. At every one of our home Super Rugby games, we’ll be upgrading one lucky member (and their friends) into an outdoor corporate box! You’ll need to be attending the game to claim your prize, and the great news is that you can invite up to 11 friends attending the game with you to share the experience.

IIRR, members had to be at the ground 30 minutes before kick off to claim the prize. So the winner had less than 30 minutes to find/contact 11 friends before kick off.

Didn't think it was really workable. How many people get to the game 30 minutes before game time? Then have them get in touch with 11 people already going (or at) the game? That's a lot of effort.

Why couldn't the draw be made during the week leading up to the game? The winner would then have some time to round up some people to come to the game But based on the promo tickets were not included as it was only an upgrade.

On the face of it, it was ill thought through....marks for effort, but for final result.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Why doesn't the Waratah CEO share what he declared to the trust?

"Waratahs Rugby formally notified the Trust of the level of service and facilities that it expects and demands for its members and fans,” Allen’s letter said.

I'd be interested to hear what he represented on fan's behalf re food and beverage quality/pricing, parking/transport options and pricing, and service levels etc.
It seems strange that he's declared what fans expect before he's received all the feedback.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Tahs should look after the interests of the organisation and its crowds. But are they going about it the best way via the media?
Ok thanks I missed it.

Using the media for this, it's no concern to me. Plus the SCGT controls all those things and how else would they be held accountable. The tahs just can't up and move. My biggest criticism of the tahs is the nonexistent marketing of the team/game. Being on the back of a couple of dirty taxis doesn't count.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting that Jason Allen has made one of his rare public forays over a matter such as this - i.e. something over which he has no control. The SCGT may not be the world's best landlord, but IMO Mr Allen should be looking in his own backyard if he is after things that need fixing. You know, thing over which he has some control and for which he is responsible. I hardly know where to start - the dire marketing of the Waratahs would be one.

Well he has said if it rains the Tahs will go Broke .. How you let a business get to a stage were the rain dictates your business survive and the ask your fans to complain for you..

Oh and keep your job is beyound me.

So if this SFS doesnt shape up would tahs fans want to go on the road around sydney and are there grounds big enough. Would you guys hate that ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I went to Randwick V the Rats and Randwick V Woodies (I think it was) in the earlier 90s and they were easily over 20K. They were great games and had atmosphere. Hard to think that they were pretty much amateur (smamateur I know with Campo et al in the Wicks side)

I have thought for year how far we have fallen with so called professionalism.
sigh.... i went to Easts v Randwick twice....1 day 1day...:(

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well he has said if it rains the Tahs will go Broke .. How you let a business get to a stage were the rain dictates your business survive and the ask your fans to complain for you..

Oh and keep your job is beyound me.

So if this SFS doesnt shape up would tahs fans want to go on the road around sydney and are there grounds big enough. Would you guys hate that ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
And they've had 1 rainy game.
Knife's edge!

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
what a massive opportunity to throw away. We killed ourselves in the first 10 minutes by throwing that extra pass that then goes to ground when we made a break. Maybe its me, but i feel like we have done that virtually every game this season. Are they not trying to improve this or do they truly believe the unsighted flick pass to a runner who isn't quite there is a safe option.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

They are advertising next Easters game against the Bulls on Green and Gold.
Family tickets only $40.

Nothing like getting in early.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have a lottery at games. Everyone with a ticket in the draw. Winner gets like $100k.

If it filled the stadium it'd be worth it. How many people buy lottery tickets every week? And the probability of winning $100k in Oz Lotto or Powerball would be much worse than 1/40,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.