• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Haha. Looks interesting. Each to their own I say!

That sort of thing would be way more useful for next year I'd guess. By the end of the year, you'll have a pretty good sense about the players you really wanted all along!

Until then the samples are probably a bit small and easily distorted by a few surprise tries, games off the bench, early injuries, etc.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
As you said the sample size is too small but it helps to give me an idea. I try and use my rugby knowledge to get around the issues regarding players that have been benched/injured or players whom I think will have a good week (based on opponent).

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Haha. Looks interesting. Each to their own I say!

That sort of thing would be way more useful for next year I'd guess. By the end of the year, you'll have a pretty good sense about the players you really wanted all along!

Until then the samples are probably a bit small and easily distorted by a few surprise tries, games off the bench, early injuries, etc.

But, that can't account for players going downhill. Two players that haven't been fantasy champions this year are Luatua and Alexander. Last year they were great.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But, that can't account for players going downhill. Two players that haven't been fantasy champions this year are Luatua and Alexander. Last year they were great.
Don't you mean Slipper and Luatua? Alexander struggled to score consistently in 2013 if I recall. Of course, this year it's Slipper whose struggled to do well in fantasy following his lengthened test duties. :)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't you mean Slipper and Luatua? Alexander struggled to score consistently in 2013 if I recall. Of course, this year it's Slipper whose struggled to do well in fantasy following his lengthened test duties. :)

You might be right. It might have been 2012 Alexander had his fantasy purple patch.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

The other thing with Luatua is that he was listed as a lock last year but played the whole season at 6.

Pretty happy with how my Fox team is going. Was in Fiji for a week so did my team early without knowing who was playing etc....still moved up to 5th in GAGR...Deon Fourie is going well for me :)

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I'm back to 20th in Fox and 2nd in ARU.

Last week was ho hum. Need to make a move soon in Fox if I'm going to be a show I think - there is a fair gap between the top few teams and 20th right now.

ARU is a great comp to be chasing. The top 6 teams + 8th are basically identical. So whenever I have a shocker, the whole lot will crash.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm coming 14th in the ARU league. Unless something dramatic happens it's probably hard for me to move up much. At least I'm top of the GAGR league so I'm glad you're not part of that one Benaud!

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah, only found this site a week or so ago unfortunately!

You're a show from 14th, especially given the remarkable similarity of the top 6 teams.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
The other thing with Luatua is that he was listed as a lock last year but played the whole season at 6.

Pretty happy with how my Fox team is going. Was in Fiji for a week so did my team early without knowing who was playing etc..still moved up to 5th in GAGR.Deon Fourie is going well for me :)

I've had Fourie as captain as well Bullrush, that's me sitting a few points ahead of you in 4th. It's been a bit tense watching him, especially 2 rounds ago when he picked up a yellow card and gave away about 4 penalties. But he got through such a huge amount of work around the park that he still wound up scoring 29! Alas, he's getting a bit of a rest this weekend, so I'll be going with Coltman. I'm envious that you get to start Moore! Anyway, good luck in the cup.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I've had Fourie as captain as well Bullrush, that's me sitting a few points ahead of you in 4th. It's been a bit tense watching him, especially 2 rounds ago when he picked up a yellow card and gave away about 4 penalties. But he got through such a huge amount of work around the park that he still wound up scoring 29! Alas, he's getting a bit of a rest this weekend, so I'll be going with Coltman. I'm envious that you get to start Moore! Anyway, good luck in the cup.

Yeah...I couldn't believe it when he still scored 29-odd points that week. I picked him up as soon as he was named back at hooker. I men, a hooker who can play 6 or 7?!? He's surely gone grab a few points right?!

Yep...had to really play around with my players to get both Fourie and Moore in the same team but pretty glad I made it work.....each week there are different players who are having massive weeks but the hookers seem to be pretty consistent.....

Good luck to you as well bro :)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah.I couldn't believe it when he still scored 29-odd points that week. I picked him up as soon as he was named back at hooker. I men, a hooker who can play 6 or 7?!? He's surely gone grab a few points right?!

Yep.had to really play around with my players to get both Fourie and Moore in the same team but pretty glad I made it work...each week there are different players who are having massive weeks but the hookers seem to be pretty consistent...

Good luck to you as well bro :)

Warning! Fourie is on the bench this week. Means he'll get less than 40 unless there is an injury. Suggest you start Moore and have Fourie on the bench.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Trying to change it up a little this week to get back towards the top.

Attachments

• Fantasy 02052014.JPG
    Fantasy 02052014.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 266

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
I somehow didn't realize that F. Sailli wasn't playing - the initial GAGR and scrum.com lineups had him starting, but apparently he hurt an ankle on Wed (Tues evening here in the States). Normally I'm up to date on all this stuff, but this one slipped through the cracks. So a big 0 for me there, as my replacement Godwin is on the bye. But it looks like I also may have dodged bullets by dropping Quade and not having Higgers captain, so perhaps it will all balance out...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Stephen Moore saving my ass this week it looks like....191 points from 7 players - 112 coming from Moore as my captain......

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Got my lead back in ARU and took out the period prize - whatever that is!

Currently sitting 12th in Fox but still plenty of fluctuations to go before lockout, including all tackles from the south africa games which don't affect me. Hopefully can at least hold top 20. I'd be surprised if the eventual winner isn't in the current top 20.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So have you all had trouble the last few weeks without my advice on which players are going to do badly?

I am really struggling with the ARU comp. Apparently I have scored 0 for the last couple of weeks. Now I would guess that this is an issue with the display of the points on 'My Team' page but blowed if I know how I can see what points I have scored from week to week.

Status
Not open for further replies.