• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Zillmanton, QLD - WAS a mining settlement in the Chillagoe district. There are no pies, no rugby, not water but plenty of flies.

It was designated as a town at some point some I am sure it should qualify.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
NORMANBY - QLD

A sunny suburb north of Lang Park in Brisvegas and home to a dark place called the Normanby Hotel. Frequented by errant league players and the odd welsh front rower. This was the target hotel of one of the towns famous cougars, whose name escapes me( for legal reasons). This pub puts the smile on a lot of young meatheads. In saying that, the food isnt bad here and you are just up the road from the Valley of Fortitude. This is another place to bring fine young men and women undone. Brisbane is such a quaint little town. Less drive bys than auburn

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
YATCHAW - VIC

In the west country of Victoria, which means two things, duck hunting and inbreeding. Both are done to excess here. One of those places where your best mate, uncle cousin and brother are the same bloke. Serious genetic issues abound. Rather be here than auburn

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wattleup - WA. Rural suburb South of Perth. If you play rugby around here and want to be associated with Success, you'd best register with the Southern Lions RUFC. If you want a decent feed or drink, head north to Freo.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pallamallawa - NSW 2399, east of Moree in the north west of the state just off the Gwydir Hwy.

There's a general store/pub/motel in this small village and the Moree Rugby Club is up the road back to Moree itself.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Aranda, ACT. Typical Canberra dormitory suburb, near Belconnen. I knew someone who lived here. They mixed their "r"s and "w"s when thay spoke. Aust Post delivered the mail to Ambara Place, Aranda, but according to them, they lived in Ambawa Place, Awanda.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Allans Flat, just outside of Yackandandah in Victoria. A sensational part of the world. Pies galore available in Yack or Beechworth.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
TUGGERANONG - ACT

Stuck in the heart of the ACT. There is Vikings Rugby Club, somewhat like a poor rello of Uni who grab every kid that can walk upright. Food has a bit of thai a bit of turkish and a bit of italian. Tuggeranong is not known as a destination in any guide book anywhere.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think that does me for G-g's though @hugh jarse.

Back on the GG's :)

Goornong - Vic. Small joint on the Midland Highway between Bendigo and Echuca. You will always get a good feed, welcoming smile and cool beer at the Goornong Drovers Arms. While this town is deep in enemy territory, head back to Bendigo and the Fighting Miners Club for any Rugby fix.

(1 more GG to go and then I'm done.)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Gulgong, NSW

Located N of Mudgee.
The town on the paper ten dollar note.
Henry Lawson lived there.
Much nicer than Auburn.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
GUTHEGA - NSW

Playground for your not so rich and famous. Leave Thredbo to your Cranbrook and Scots boys, because this is where your Barker, Trinity and Auggies kiddies come to go snowboarding. Places to eat are so overpriced you need a mortgage for a bucket of chips. A beer and a coffee costs the GDP of NZ and If you want a pie, it'll cost your daughter .... or a kidney....
The skiing isn't that flash, so I suggest another venue. Chamonix? Val? Squaw?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Antwerp, VIC. Blink and you will miss this little town in the Mallee area of western Victoria. BYO food and liquids, and you are so far behind enemy lines that the only rugby you will see would be on the TV.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
PEARL BEACH - NSW

Lifestyles of the rich and shameless. Pearl beach is where your North Shoreline and Eastern Suburbs types go to "the beach house" for christmas. Situated at the mouth of Broken Bay it is a beautiful spot and the only time the aforementioned families Audi Q7 EVER sees dirt as there is no curb and guttering in the joint. Also known as Vaseline Valley for reasons that I just don't understand.
The closest Rugby Club would be Woy Woy. The place has a massively overpriced restaurant there that basically charges for the view and expects you to dine on the salt air. That is a shame. People from Auburn do not know this place exists, and the people that stay there at christmas do not know that auburn exists. so fairs fair

Status
Not open for further replies.