• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jono Owen to start at 3 with Holmes at 1?

Hopefully.

Means Anae and Daley on the bench. Two loosies, but Holmes can shift across I guess. Means he has to play 80.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the judicial officer wanted 6 weeks for that tackle? Farrrk me, we may as well start playing OzTag.

No.

The entry point for a lifting tackle on the low end of the scale is 4 weeks.

Judiciary officers are adding a two week ban to every single lifting tackle of late to act as a deterrent.

The judiciary officer then took 3 weeks off for a clean record and a guilty plea (and accepted that Slipper would play club rugby in the bye round which is certainly standard behaviour from the judiciary but generous in the scheme of things seeing as someone like Slipper wouldn't be playing club rugby in his week off).

Largely, the judiciary officer just followed the protocol. If you've got an issue it's either with the 4 week starting point for a low range lifting tackle or the blanket 2 week additional suspension as a deterrent.

The deterrent punishment seems a bit stupid to me as I don't think the concept of harsher punishments as a deterrent actually achieve anything in any area of life.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
its back to the old days. Dud season but as long as we beat the Waratahs in that last game...

And that just could be the Tahs downfall for a high finals spot. But if we don't hit a bad injury patch I don't see it happening because the Waratah backs have hit a sweet spot while the Reds backs are in serious disarray and don't look like getting out of it any time soon.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Largely, the judiciary officer just followed the protocol. If you've got an issue it's either with the 4 week starting point for a low range lifting tackle or the blanket 2 week additional suspension as a deterrent..

So where was the protocol for Ben McCalman? Charged with the same offence, but only the four week starting point was used and THEN the discounted time applied.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So where was the protocol for Ben McCalman? Charged with the same offence, but only the four week starting point was used and THEN the discounted time applied.

True story. There have been quite a few lifting tackles this year and I thought all of them had the two weeks added, but McCalman avoided that.

I wonder if there are others or if that was a mistake.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Just a recollection of things past:

28 May 2011, S15 Round 15, Reds v Crusaders, Suncorp, final score 17-16, tries to B Tapuai, W Genia and for Cru B Ward. QC (Quade Cooper) kicked 3/6 and D Carter 4/4. Ref: S Dickinson.

Crowd: 48,301

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
With the season gone now is the time to look to the future and blood a couple of players / give them some experience. They can't go much worse than the rest of them have over the past month. The 23 I'd be keen on seeing this weekend is:

1. Holmes
2. Hanson
3. Owen
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Quirk
7. Gill
8. Browning
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Davis
12. Harris
13. Taps
14. Lucas / Kuridrani (is he injured?)
15. JJ

16. Saia
17/18. Daley/Anae/Paraka
19. McDuling
20. Shatz
21. Firsby
22. Kerevi
23. Ant F

Giving Anae/Paraka, McDuling & Kerevi a half each. JJ at 15 as he is the only true fullback (without Toua available).

I don't think we have a chance in hell of beating the Saders this weekend unfortunately.... pretty sure they can smell blood in the water.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reds have suffered some bad injuries:

Liam Gill with a strained calf, out for 2 weeks
Ed Quirk with injured ribs, out for 2 weeks
Chris Feauai-Sautia dislocated shoulder and has had surgery and will be out for up to SIX months.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yikes. Stiles indicated Daley would be starting, so I am guessing:

8 Schatz
7 Robinson
6 Browning
5 Horwill
4 Simmons
3 Holmes
2 Hanson
1 Daley

16 Fainga'a
17 Anae
18 Owen
19 O'Donaghue
20 ??????McDuling???????

who do we reckon for that reserve backrow spot?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tim Buchanan might be the last man standing? Perhaps his uni mate Jack de Guinand? Beauchamp from Brothers has been playing well as has James Turner from Souths.

Bloody pity Nigel Ah Wong has gone down south. If he hadn't I reckon he would have been on the bench this weekend.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
@Grandmaster Flash,

What is The Message you have to the Reds for this game?

Crusaders have a few injury concerns too. Reds need to remember back to 2010 match v Crusaders at Suncorp.

They were given next to no chance in that one too and came out and belted them.

Think they'll need a miracle this Sunday though. They really need to lift their intensity at the breakdown and sort out their defence. Particularly on the flanks or Nadolo is just going to steamroll them. Pity we didn't win the race to sign him out of high school.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nadolo is 26 now. It's taken him a long time to become a decent winger capable of playing Super Rugby.​
Teams who have signed him earlier in his career have long since run out of patience waiting for him to develop.​

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There is blood in the water. This game will pull a big crowd. All wearing RED.............. and black.

Status
Not open for further replies.