• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Best opening 20 mins for a movie - Gladiator V Saving Private Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
SPR for sure. That beach scene is one of my favourites ever.

I like the final scenes in Gladiator, had me crying like a baby the first few times I saw it. Russell at his finest.

'Fear & Loathing in Vegas' also knows how to set the scene and has a cracking start. "We can't stop here this is bat country!"

honourable mention to Forest Gump, they sure knew how to turn a guy sitting on a park bench for 3 hours into something worthwhile.

I can already see where this thread is going and I like it!

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Got to be Gladiator out of the two. But gentlemen, if we are talking all movies, best opening scene has to be Top Gun

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Pelham 123 (The original) is another. Not a single word spoken for roughly the first five minutes but it sets the tone of the whole thing. It's also the movie Quinten Tarentino got the Mr <insert colour> idea for Reservoir Dogs.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
"Four Weddings and a Funeral"
Forget the swearing in "The Wolf of Wall Street" or "Scarface".
Of the first 38 words spoken in this movies opening scene, 13 of them are fuck.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Fun fact. John Howard would often answer "What's your favourite movie?" With Four Weddings and a Funeral.

I'm not so sure he's actually seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.