• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Great to see so many colts players given opportunities in Prem Grade so far this season... I see Bronson named for Wests this week which is interesting in the front row.

Current Reds u20's players can't crack Prem's at their clubs (Pleash @ Uni, Vanzati/ Tarr @ Souths, Sikimeti @ GPS)... Wests mustn't have much depth up front given Jake Newell is playing on the other side of the scrum & he was cut early in the piece from 20's back in Jan.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
Great to see so many colts players given opportunities in Prem Grade so far this season. I see Bronson named for Wests this week which is interesting in the front row.

Current Reds u20's players can't crack Prem's at their clubs (Pleash @ Uni, Vanzati/ Tarr @ Souths, Sikimeti @ GPS). Wests mustn't have much depth up front given Jake Newell is playing on the other side of the scrum & he was cut early in the piece from 20's back in Jan.

This is not entirely correct. Adam Korczyk (Reds u20) has been playing for Uni Prem Grade this season and will play No 6 today (Bucky is not back)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Great to see so many colts players given opportunities in Prem Grade so far this season. I see Bronson named for Wests this week which is interesting in the front row.

Current Reds u20's players can't crack Prem's at their clubs (Pleash @ Uni, Vanzati/ Tarr @ Souths, Sikimeti @ GPS). Wests mustn't have much depth up front given Jake Newell is playing on the other side of the scrum & he was cut early in the piece from 20's back in Jan.

What about that Isaih Moses kid at Brothers?

I'm sure he is u20? (saw him in QLD u20 earlier in the year in the trial vs Wests Prems) I believe he has started every game this year in Premier grade.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

Perhaps those that are from poor performing club should take a breath & stop being so defensive. I was not singling out u20's players, but pointing out the lack of depth at front for Wests... Read again for clarification.

Otherwise you're boring this thread!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
As a great performance by the Dragons Colts yesterday. They have been playing really well over the last few weeks. If they can get a good result next weekend, before their bye, then they will be in a good position for the finals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Perhaps those that are from poor performing club should take a breath & stop being so defensive. I was not singling out u20's players, but pointing out the lack of depth at front for Wests. Read again for clarification.

Otherwise you're boring this thread!

You quoted your own post to talk about who exactly being defensive?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone recall who last won the Premier Colts Premiership?

I think it may have been Souths? The only reason I recall is because I'm pretty sure I watched it before the 2009 Premier Grade Grand-Final! It may have been reserve grade, however.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
A
Does anyone recall who last won the Premier Colts Premiership?

I think it may have been Souths? The only reason I recall is because I'm pretty sure I watched it before the 2009 Premier Grade Grand-Final! It may have been reserve grade, however.
A nick frisby leads gps colts team got the best of Gc in the final I believe.
The year before was Souths over uni

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So Gold Coast have lost the last four in a row? Red Heavy, I recall Uni beating Brothers one year, may have been 2007?

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
to start with theres
1. Richardson shoulder
3. Pleash knee
6. Morrey ankle
8. Manns shoulder
14. White head knocks
15. Todd head knocks
+6 others

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Injuries are a dilemma for University. So many years have gone past were Brothers seasons have gone absolutely pear-shaped through critical players getting injured. I feel your pain, but I still don't want to see the Reds jerseys come finals time.

Ned Stark

Stan Wickham (3)
Bond & Souths have had their fair share of injuries & are starting to get back to full strength,Brothers are missing Paddy James & Sam Hyne & Uni have Aaron Pleash,Hamish Richardson,Adam Korzyk,McLean Jones,,Liam Dunne,Liam Jurd,Harry Whyte,James Todd & a couple more to return.Pat Morey & Tim Manns are done for the season.GPS & Sunnybank by comparison have been fairly unscathed,How GPS cope without Tuttle will be interesting.Sunnybank looked really impressive on the weekend.Their challenge will be to do that week In & week out.6 teams realistically to fill 4 spots.Its going to be a hell of a run into finals

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank may have Mitch Third, Conrad Quick and Lolo Fakaosilea could all return to play Colts.​

Ned Stark

Stan Wickham (3)
Sunnybank may have Mitch Third, Conrad Quick and Lolo Fakaosilea could all return to play Colts.​
Yikes!Adding those players to their current side would make them a hell of a side.Were Junior & Conrad playing Colts or Prems before & who could usurp Third in Prems?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jake McIntyre and Ben Lucas are options at 10 for Prems. Jake will be home after Sunnybank have the bye next weekend and Ben has 3 games left with the Reds so could be back come finals.

Conrad was playing Colts before he left.

Lolo isn't likely to play Colts but could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.