• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions V Rebels, 5 July @ Ellis Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i would be looking to play hegarty at 15, with a view to harris at 10 next year.

so for the NRC jackD at 5/8 makes sense. so we definitely won't see that. !

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is there a stream of this game?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

I'm planning on pulling graveyard shift and watching on my tablet. More than happy to provide my irrelevant, uneducated and potentially tipsy commentary on GAGR. I still have some crazy glass half full notion we have a chance. Bloody hell if we do win the neighbourhood is gonna know about it.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
personally i would be looking to play hegarty at 15, with a view to harris at 10 next year.
Heggs' strength is his off the cusp to play, he runs great support lines and is a dynamo if he gets a 2nd touch of the ball.

There's no reason he couldn't be a 2nd playmaker 15, no reason at all. It'd work great with TT's massive centre model, as Inman and Tamati Ellison aren't exactly fit to step into first receiver if the 10's out for a phase.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
9. Burgess
10. Harris
11. English
12. Inman
13. Ellison
14. Crawford
15. Hegarty

21. Stirzacker
22. Debreczeni
23. Kingston

Could work to everybody's strengths quite successfully.

Ah well. A discussion for next year.

T

Train Without a Station

9. Burgess
10. Harris
11. English
12. Inman
13. Ellison
14. Crawford
15. Hegarty

21. Stirzacker
22. Debreczeni
23. Kingston

Could work to everybody's strengths quite successfully.

Ah well. A discussion for next year.

If all the rest it does it won't be much fucking good with Harris' weak side passing game. The blokes a 12 and a very good one at that. He's a back up super rugby 10 though. Probably a better 15 than a 10 even.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Agree Dumbledore.cant believe TT thinks Debreczni is a stronger option against the Lions than Woody!! Woody is being put in the naughty corner like Pyle for leaving the fold!
TT did hook JackD with over 30 minutes to go,so Your right,he can't think that this is a stronger option.
He is putting a lot of pressure on a kid.
Another game like last week,and he might never get over it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Shit penalty. Terrible lions throw and we got pinged for closing the line. Not even close to straight

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Lions TMO, won't be a try. Tricky take in front of the posts. Burgo ran into the pads. Lucky they fucked up the pickup. 7 points begging

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Try rebels! Engo with the meat. Burgo with a great tap and go of a penalty. Higgers with the link play. Nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.