• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders Sun 6th July @ the SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
^ Maybe start them off the bench, but hopefully no wholesale changes.

Remember Crusaders vs Waratahs 2002! :confused:

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah just thought that. The Sharks loss overnight gives the the Tahs some breathing space as they can drop a game and still be number one.

But I'll believe it when I see it after the last round!:)

We can now drop one game of the next two; however, I do not want it to be this game, I want to save our wild card for the last game against the Reds at Suncorp. That makes a win today even more important! 52 points tonight means we cannot lose top spot whatever happens next Saturday and we can rest a few of the heavy-loaders on the bench/holiday for Suncorp. I want to see TPN and Palu on the bench next week and Hooper can come to Queensland for a weekend on the beach. He's hardly missed a minute all season.

I'll bet Jake's pissed at Meyer burning out his stars against Scotland. The wheels have really fallen off at the Sharks and they are away to the Stormers next week, where they'll be long outsiders to win. That means if they win the knockout game in SA they then have to be on the road for the rest of the finals.

So, concentration on the game today can set us up for the next month!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah I'm nervous.
Its funny, all season i've been expecting them to slip up on a banana skin - like they have countless times in the past - but they keep delivering in spades.
Whilst I think we could drop this one, I'm more nervous about injuries ruining our momentum. ( and possibly that of the Wallabies).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Google says it's 17C & sunny in Sydney, can anyone at/ near SFS confirm? If so should be a great contest, just hope the Clan can compete up front & give the Smiths, Buckman & Fekitoa plenty of quality possession. Even so, still picking 'Tahs by 12 or thereabouts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ideal weather for footy.

Good crowd. They seem to be making some noise. So un-Sydney.

PK for Foley after 2 minutes. NSW lead 3 - 0.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Beale and Hoiles playing well!

Apart from some shit passes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) getting poleaxed, some beautiful footy by the Tahs thus far!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Could be a long afternoon for the guys in green. SmithA lucky to not be in the naughty corner for 10, wonder if Aussie Steve would've considered a PT had Horne not scored?

EDIT: gets the YC & rightly so.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sopoaga misses PK from 50 m but Tahs stuff up next breakdown, PK by Mr Walsh and Hooper marched 10 metres for backchat, and Sopoaga kicks an easier PK.

Clan 3 Tahs 8. 21 minutes gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.