• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just rang the 'tahs and spoke to what was probably an intern..

Anyway, we are to "expect an email later in the week" regarding SF tix. He did confirm that as I have an 8 game members ticket, I get to keep my seat for the SF. He also thought we could do that for ANZ which is great as we are between the half way and 10m line at both stadiums.

Also spoke to someone there this morning who didn't know when the tickets would go on sale. He hadn't been told anything yet but said we should find out later this week.

Anyway, I have taken out an interstate membership so I can get some priority in ticketing for the finals, others may want to do the same if they are not members yet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
from a QLD perspective, we've always had a member only pre-sale period which pretty much begins the Sunday morning before the final. I think that lasted a day or so before being open to the public.

So when it happens, don't hang back - get in there.

When we had a home semi in 2008 that was the case.

Members had a window to purchase their existing seat before the general public onsale. I believe there was also a members presale to buy additional tickets.

Love the new profile pic ChibbaReg!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Got an email from the Tahs - short answer is, they're waiting on SANZAR to finalise the official fixture list - though they have stated it will be the 26th at the SFS.

Life/8-/6-game members get first crack. Then other members. Then everyone else.

Read on:

WE'VE DONE IT! For the first time in Super Rugby history, the NSW Waratahs have won the minor premiership and finished top of the Asteron Life Super Rugby table.

As a result of yesterday's record-breaking win over the Highlanders, we've won the Australian Conference and have earned a home semi-final.

We understand there is a lot of excitement and anticipation about the Finals Series. Official confirmation of Finals Series fixtures will come from the tournament organiser SANZAR as soon as the final round of regular season fixtures is completed this weekend.

In the meantime, we are thrilled to confirm that our semi-final will take place at Allianz Stadium on Saturday July 26 (kick-off time to be confirmed). Should we win that game, NSW will host its first ever Super Rugby Final at ANZ Stadium on the evening of Saturday, August 2.

In the coming days, members and fans will be sent specific email communications which outline next steps to buy tickets and details of pre-sale timeframes.

NSW Waratahs members get priority access to all finals tickets. The opportunity to buy tickets will take place via two designated pre-sale windows.

Pre-sale 1 will give all our 8 game (full season) members and 6-game members who hold a reserved seat the opportunity to buy their same seat at Allianz Stadium for the semi-final, at a discounted member price. This pre-sale includes Life Members & Life Member Plus who hold an 8 or 6 game package.

Pre-sale 2 will give all remaining 2014 members the opportunity to buy a set number of tickets (best available seats) at the same discounted member price.

After these pre-sale periods have expired, tickets will go on general sale. Member discounts are only applicable in the two pre-sale windows; discounts will not apply once tickets have gone on sale to the general public.

Due to the tight timeframes, we will need to communicate with you regularly. Please check your emails carefully for detailed information to make sure you don't miss out, as the pre-sale windows cannot be changed or extended.

Thank you for your belief and commitment this season.

The NSW Waratahs Team.
Believe.2014.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
To go somewhat further: I have already discussed with @Badger et all (as you can see on the twit feed at right) that we of the @GAGR ilk need to get our arses there with all speed, as a group, with noise, banter, and appropriate cheering.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I hold 4x 8 game GA members tickets. I prefer GA because I can bring people to the game and sit with them, I brought 16 additionals on Sunday and I would have brought over 50 new Tahs visitors for the season (no real point to the last part of that sentence but to say aren't I awesome).

Anyway, I'm an 8 game GA member so do I fall into pre-sale 2?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Anyway, I'm an 8 game GA member so do I fall into pre-sale 2?

I have the 8 game GA membership as well and I reckon I'm in pre-sale 2.

The way I read it, pre-sale 1 is for people who want to keep their usual seat for the semi (no additional tickets). To buy additional tickets, they will have to join in with pre-sale 2. So in pre-sale 2, any seats not purchased by life members and 6 & 8 game members get released.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
To go somewhat further: I have already discussed with @Badger et all (as you can see on the twit feed at right) that we of the @GAGR ilk need to get our arses there with all speed, as a group, with noise, banter, and appropriate cheering.

Gagger had a line on tickets for the Randwick Room for the Highlanders match. Maybe he has a line for tickets for the semi?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gagger had a line on tickets for the Randwick Room for the Highlanders match. Maybe he has a line for tickets for the semi?
But does that risk, perhaps, being in a boring suite taking business and dentistry instead of being out in the melee, cheering like a raucously drunken idiot, while providing analysis so keen, SO precise, that Cheika would nod approvingly and say "fuck yeah - hire that bald, fat c*** - pay him what he asks!", hmm?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
But does that risk, perhaps, being in a boring suite taking business and dentistry instead of being out in the melee, cheering like a raucously drunken idiot, while providing analysis so keen, SO precise, that Cheika would nod approvingly and say "fuck yeah - hire that bald, fat c*** - pay him what he asks!", hmm?

Im guessing Cheika would only mention 'the bald, fat c***' bit, well he would if he hadn't of called touchie that already.. ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
We are all tip-toeing around the subject, but I will say it now:

We need to win this year. We have to win this year. We will never get a better chance.

We are playing SO much better than any other team at the moment. We just put 40 on the side that was in 4th, and the only team showing any semblance of form is the Crusaders. The Chiefs looked good in their win but surely they can't come from so far back to win again.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and then. But we have to be realistic- nothing less than a competition win will satisfy me now.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
...We are all tip-toeing around the subject, but I will say it now...

...and the only team showing any semblance of form is the Crusaders...

So let's say we do meet the Crusaders in the semi-final, or in the big one. From the limited amount of coverage I've seen of them, the attacking danger is surely the Ratu Nasiganiyavi doppelgänger on the wing.

A quick look at the stats (which I expect averaged over 9 games is more accurate than just one), shows Nadolo's try strike-rate is almost as good as Folau's. He averages 10 runs for 100m, busts 5 tackles, makes 2-3 linebreaks, and offloads once or twice too. He attempts 7 tackles per game with a success rate of 75%, and while conceding 2 turnovers a game, also affects one every game or two.

He's on their left wing, and on our right wing is the diminutive Alofa Alofa. Do we (Cheika) make a change to defend to their strength, or do we have faith in our system?

Food for thought.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
So let's say we do meet the Crusaders in the semi-final, or in the big one. From the limited amount of coverage I've seen of them, the attacking danger is surely the Ratu Nasiganiyavi doppelgänger on the wing.

A quick look at the stats (which I expect averaged over 9 games is more accurate than just one), shows Nadolo's try strike-rate is almost as good as Folau's. He averages 10 runs for 100m, busts 5 tackles, makes 2-3 linebreaks, and offloads once or twice too. He attempts 7 tackles per game with a success rate of 75%, and while conceding 2 turnovers a game, also affects one every game or two.

He's on their left wing, and on our right wing is the diminutive Alofa Alofa. Do we (Cheika) make a change to defend to their strength, or do we have faith in our system?

Food for thought.

Was thinking the same though last night actually as I watched highlights of the Crusaders game. I am confident though that we can adjust our game plan to suit Nadolo's strengths. We managed to shut down Smith and Fekitoa through suffocating them (the one breakout was a poor pass by Phipps) and I think Alofa who is a very strong tackler can get to him in most cases before he gets a head of steam. Don't forget we have two of the best tacklers in the competition in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Horne to assist.

The way I look at it is we are yet to play the Crusaders, but in the last 6 matches we have put away some very strong teams. The same cannot be said for the Crusaders. Yes they are probably the top NZ side but I don't think they are as good as the Waratahs.

I would then go as far as saying that the Waratahs are the fittest S15 side by a long stretch and with their scoring record in the last 20 minutes of a match (the best in the comp I think), it shows that they just do not run out of petrol and can handle what is thrown at them attacking wise. They then use their superior fitness to muscle their way through tired bodies over the try line.

Highlanders are no mugs, but they were made to look like they were on Sunday. Prior to Sunday Ben Smith's record was almost exactly the same as Folau's too (apart from tries scored), the match up did not eventuate due to the suffocating nature of the 'tahs play.

The big difference for me this year is they look like the are enjoying it and believe they can win without being arrogant about it.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I can barely function under the prospect of a Tahs-Saders grand final in Sydney. It would be the best possible decider.

Honestly don't even know who I'd support. I'm going to split my jerseys in half and sew them together, and then cry for the entirety of the game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought the big highlight was Horne's and Pot's tries, neither was "neat" & "clean" but they kept calm, patient and real "Crusaders like".

I also loved the intent of TPN's missed pass in the first half and Foley's direct running as defenders fan out

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can the Foley haters all go and fucking die now while we're at it?

Crusaders are the big unknown for me. They get through those first couple of weeks of finals, they'll be battle-hardened, welcoming back stars, and stacked full of All Blacks. Scaring the shit right out of me.

Anyway, they're not going to be in the mix in our first week unless the Highlanders pooch the fuck out of them and the Shorks get blanked by West Souties United.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Food for thought.

I'd bank on Nadolo hardly getting a touch if we meet them. I think the Highlanders have a better set of outside backs than the Saders and they never got into the match. The Tahs just totally strangled them with linespeed.

And if it all does turn to custard, we just bring on Naiyaravoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.