• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Debating 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellBell

Frank Row (1)
Was just searching for Archdale results - very pleased to have found this discussion! We debated against Abbotsleigh a couple of weeks ago, and they were very impressive - I suppose that they'll be the frontrunner in the seniors. Can't really see them being beaten!

This year GPS is probably slightly better standard than ISDA, though in general ISDA is the cream of the crop.

That's interesting, I've always thought Archdale had a bit of a higher standard than ISDA, so it would be interesting to compare Archdale and GPS.

Not sure about representative teams, though apparently half the abbotsleigh side has already been nominated to trial!

BellBell

Frank Row (1)
Actually, there is one other thing I know for representative teams. I happen to have a full list of the speakers who were called back for state trials this year - I only know a small number of the people there, but it does seem as though there's a strong archdale turnout! It would make sense for it to have a high standard, since so many schools do it - although someone said that many hundreds to CHS, which impressed me! (If anyone else is interested in the list please just message me - I think we'd all be benefit by knowing who the favourites for this year are.)

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I've spoken to a few colleagues at various other schools over the last few months and everyone seems to have totally different opinions on who will be strong (and weak) for this coming GPS season. One from Scots who I spoke to is adamant that their 1sts side is the best they've had in a long time but others seem to totally disagree... and it's a similar story for predicting the performance of many of the other schools.

That's interesting but not surprising, lots of teams will be strong this year, but it's difficult to say with certainty who the strongest will be.

I don't know a lot about Scots, but what I do know is that their year 11 side is strong - they won ISDA in year 9 (2012) and were undefeated in last year's year 10 comp.
In ISDA, for whatever reason, they make the year 11s Senior B and year 12s Senior A, but GPS is mixed/merit-based. Both their Senior A and B teams failed to make the finals, and a reliable source has told me that in both instances they entered their top teams - they weren't saving themselves for GPS. Given that, it's hard to anticipate their strength. Scots has one of the best programs in NSW, with a lot of great coaches (Mourney, Downie, Baine, Asimakis, etc.), so they will most likely field a strong team.

It's a similar story for Kings' - they have a very strong year 11 outfit, but their year 12s aren't world-beaters. Granted, their Senior A made the finals this year, but I don't know enough about them to make any guesses at how they'll do, aside from qualifying that they'll be really strong.

Joeys were in the top 4 for ISDA and they have some great speakers - the year 11s are also decent so they should have some depth in case it's needed.

Good to have you back Wallaby97. Between Pacino and Stratton, Grammar seem to have put together a formidable outfit this year (expected from the College Street lads). When does the season start? I've been meaning to get along to a debate for a while now and it sounds like this is the year to start.

Rightly said Paul, Grammar will be very strong, as usual. I'd say that they're odds on favourites.

If history has taught us anything its that the Jesuits are often the ones to really bring it on a Friday night. Riverview tend to be a real dark horse in this competition and it will be interesting to hear how they get along.

I suppose that really depends on whether you prefer ancient, or modern, history. Riverview have won 38 GPS debating premierships, the next best is Grammar with 22, so, yes, historically they're a powerhouse. However in recent years Grammar have become the GPS powerhouse, winning 6 consecutive titles. Nonetheless, Riverview should be strong this year, having made the ISDA finals. I know that at Riverview in particular the teams change around a bit between the various competitions, so it'll be interesting to see whether they get combinations right. I reject the idea that they're dark horses - they have as much a chance as anybody, except maybe Grammar who have slightly higher chances.

Newington are clearly this year's wild card but if memory serves me correctly pre-season talk doesn't often match results for the boys in black and white.

Again, Newington have a great chance - any team with a state speaker does. Their pre-season is a little bit stunted because, unlike every other private GPS school they don't compete in the ISDA comp., instead they (generally) dominate the FED comp. (they won it this year). This shouldn't have too much of an effect though - they are probably be the next best chance.

Scots, Joeys, Shore, Kings? aka_the_think? Scythe?

Shore will be strong, but they didn't make it out of the pool stages of ISDA this year in Senior A. They are like Scots - they put their year 12s in Senior A, and Year 11 in Senior B, the latter doing quite well. Their year 11 side won the premiership (ISDA) when they were in year 8 (2011), and by all reports they're relatively strong.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Speakign of the Jesuits what are people thinking about the upcoming Jesuit Debating? I know it's technically outside of NSW but just spoke with an old mate from Xavier and he said that their team is looking mighty fit this year. Dan Vaughan who's the Xavier school captain is supposedly a force to be reckoned with.

btw who won last year and the year before?

Due to the relative strength of NSW as a state, and the effective tournament systems/structures that are employed, View and Aloys tend to dominate according to my understanding of it. It's an interesting tournament, and it's very Jesuit to foster a sense of cross-school friendship, which is probably the main aim of the comp. I am pretty sure Riverview won it last year, but I don't know about any other years.

I can't tell you much about Victorian debating, other than that St. Kevin's are THE powerhouse down there. I'd love to see a debate between them and Sydney Grammar, but my money would be on the latter. Xavier will surely be a strong side, who else competes? Keep me updated on results if you can - I suspect Aloys will be strong with the likes of Thorne and Benitez subjecting their opposition to intense Friedman-esque rhetoric on free markets. Apparently they pick a national merit side, I'd like to know who makes that.

Was just searching for Archdale results - very pleased to have found this discussion! We debated against Abbotsleigh a couple of weeks ago, and they were very impressive - I suppose that they'll be the frontrunner in the seniors. Can't really see them being beaten!

Welcome the forum - it's good to get a feminine voice on here to represent the Archdale comp. As you seem to have debated Abbotsleigh, I can only assume that you come from PLC, Wenona or Tangara - the three schools they've debated thus far, unless of course you're from Abbotsleigh and you're talking up your chances, which would be justified I guess.

Abbotsleigh, MLC, and SCEGGS are normally the strongest 3 independent, female schools - they all have great programs, with coaches like Evie Woodforde at Abbotsleigh; Subeta and Emma Johnstone at MLC; and Chris Bisset at SCEGGS.

[/quote]That's interesting, I've always thought Archdale had a bit of a higher standard than ISDA, so it would be interesting to compare Archdale and GPS.[/quote]

Hmmm, that's is an interesting take on things. My understanding of it is that MOST girls schools enter their top team into both ISDA and Archdale, which means that there's an element of comparison possible (exception is SCEGGS and a few others). MLC, who's currently undefeated in Archdale, failed to make it out of the pool stages of ISDA, while Abbotsleigh, who are supposedly unbeatable, were knocked out in the third Semi-Final by Knox (I believe).
From what I've gathered from people both in and out of Archdale (many of whom are reliable sources), ISDA is generally a higher standard, but it's hard to compare.

GPS and Archdale will debate each other in the rep. season, but as (I think) we've established, GPS should be a higher standard than ISDA this year (which is rare), so it SHOULD be the case that GPS is stronger than Archdale but these things are hard to call, so I might be wrong.

Actually, there is one other thing I know for representative teams. I happen to have a full list of the speakers who were called back for state trials this year - I only know a small number of the people there, but it does seem as though there's a strong archdale turnout! It would make sense for it to have a high standard, since so many schools do it - although someone said that many hundreds to CHS, which impressed me! (If anyone else is interested in the list please just message me - I think we'd all be benefit by knowing who the favourites for this year are.)

Generally speaking, 24 are called back from the initial 90, and then from there it's cut to 12, then 4 with 2 reserves. It's very likely that there's a large Archdale contingency, just as there's are probably large ISDA, GPS, CAS, FED and CHS groups. Remember, most of the debaters that got in from Archdale schools most likely also compete in the ISDA competition, so they're not exclusively Archdale.

One thing to understand about state teams is that they're done… well… interestingly. They people chosen are always great, but, while many people try out, I know lots of great debaters that don't trial. You do have to "be in it to win it", but I can't help but feel like there's a few names that people won't know because they haven't made certain lists. Further, according to my sources there are a few quotas at play, and they often pick kids on potential (e.g. it's quite hard to get in as a fresh year 12 that hasn't tried out before). Nonetheless, it'd be great to see the list, with commentary/added info. on school, region (Arch., CAS, etc.) and all that.

Michael Serafim

Frank Row (1)
What are the thoughts on the 1st grade GPS season starting in three weeks time. Obviously grammar is the easy favourite but what are the other teams like? Apparently newington and scots both have quality teams and has anyone heard anything about high?

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
What are the thoughts on the 1st grade GPS season starting in three weeks time. Obviously grammar is the easy favourite but what are the other teams like? Apparently newington and scots both have quality teams and has anyone heard anything about high?

A lot has already been said on the matter, refer to the previous posts.

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)

If you are interested in High then I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are known to produce a couple great speakers every now and again, but most of their talent was lost with their last graduating class. Their current senior team had fared alright so far in the PDC competition, however that is generally a poor indicator of success, and to my knowledge there were no High students on the state squad. (Although some might have gotten callbacks - any chance you could post the list Bellbell?) It will be interesting to see if any high boys make the CHS squad this year - which they traditionally dominate - but things aren't looking too bright for them in my opinion.

Regarding the Archdale discussion, it is interesting given that the competition runs in pools which means the best teams often don't come up against each other until much later in the competition. My money would be on SCEGGS whose team contains two state team members, however Abbotsleigh clearly have a strong fight in them with two state squad members in their corner. Whilst Ascham are also undefeated at the moment that streak is likely to end when they face group rivals SCEGGS, and I believe MLC is the only other real contender in that competition, although again they have seen a bit of a talent drain in recent years.

Will enjoy discussing the developments of the GPS and CAS comps as well!

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If you are interested in High then I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are known to produce a couple great speakers every now and again, but most of their talent was lost with their last graduating class. Their current senior team had fared alright so far in the PDC competition, however that is generally a poor indicator of success, and to my knowledge there were no High students on the state squad. (Although some might have gotten callbacks - any chance you could post the list Bellbell?) It will be interesting to see if any high boys make the CHS squad this year - which they traditionally dominate - but things aren't looking too bright for them in my opinion.

High got Riley Irwin into the callbacks I believe. I don't have access/I lost the squad list (top 12), so I can't tell you whether he went any further than this. High will always be formidable - in terms of numbers they have the largest program in NSW (if not Australia), so there sheer quantity, combined with their academic filters, ensures that they have a lot to offer.

Out of interest, what's the PDC?

[/quote]Regarding the Archdale discussion, it is interesting given that the competition runs in pools which means the best teams often don't come up against each other until much later in the competition.[/quote]

That's not exclusive to Archdale - ISDA, CSDA and other competitions with large numbers have to do it out of necessity.

[/quote]My money would be on SCEGGS whose team contains two state team members, however Abbotsleigh clearly have a strong fight in them with two state squad members in their corner.[/quote]

Who are the two Abbotsleigh squad members? They made the top 8 of ISDA, so they are clearly a strong team.

[/quote]Whilst Ascham are also undefeated at the moment that streak is likely to end when they face group rivals SCEGGS, and I believe MLC is the only other real contender in that competition, although again they have seen a bit of a talent drain in recent years.[/quote]

That's true - MLC have an amazing program though, so they always field strong sides. A list of their debating alumni reads like a who's who of NSW debaters, although the same could be said of Grammar. They have a lot of great coaches, so they are always reasonable. Out of interest, do they enter the same team in Archdale as ISDA? They failed to make it out of the pool stages in ISDA, so it's possible that they switch things up a bit based on priorities.

It'll be interesting to see how things fare - my money is definitely on SCEGGS as well. It's such a shame that there's not more opportunities for schools to debate teams outside of competitions (e.g. the best CHS schools, ISDA and Archdale against one-another).

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
By the way, I managed to find a list of the callbacks, and I prepared the following analysis. Any info. that could help fill the gaps would be appreciated, and please excuse any errors:

Squad/School/Competition/Year

Alex Babidge - Sydney Grammar - ISDA/GPS) - Year 12.
Alex Merrick - St. Mary's Cathedral school - CSDA - Year 12.
Anne Wang - SCEGGS Darlinghurst - Archdale - Year 12 I think.
Brendan Ma - James Ruse - CHS - Year 11.
Eden Blair - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 10.
Eleanor Hall - Loreto Kirribilli - ISDA - Year 11.
Eleanor Kirk - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 11 (I think).
Imogen Harper - SCEGGS Darlinghurst - Archdale - Year 11.
James Pacino - Sydney Grammar - ISDA/GPS - Year 12
James Stratton - Sydney Grammar - ISDA/GPS - Year 12.
Kaity Crowe - Abbotsleigh I think (assume ISDA/Archdale) - not sure.
Kendall Shepherd -
Kevin Kim - Knox - ISDA/CAS - Year 12 I think.
Liam Thorne - Aloysius - ISDA/CAS - Year 11.
Liam Donohoe - Riverview - ISDA/GPS - Year 11.
Marcus McCulloch - Fort Street - CHS - Year 12 I think.
Melinda Walsh -
Ricky Ham - possibly PLC - ISDA/Archdale - not sure.
Riley Irwin - Sydney Boys - CHS/GPS - Year 12 I think.
Sam Wallace - Newington - FED/GPS - Year 12.
Seb Rees - Newington - FED/GPS - Year 12.
Shani Wijetilaka - PLC - ISDA/Archdale - Year 12.
Sophie Garrett - not too sure, but I think CSDA -
Sophie Large - SCEGGS Darlinghurst - Archdale - Year 12.
Theodora von Arnim - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 12.

Schools summary

Sydney Grammar: 3
SCEGGS Darlinghurst: 3
Sydney Girls: 3
PLC: Possibly 2
Newington: 2
St. Mary's Cathedral School: 1
James Ruse: 1
Loreto Kirribilli: 1
Aloysius: 1
Riverview: 1
Knox: 1
Abobotsleigh: 1
Sydney Boys: 1
Fort Street: 1

Competition Summary

ISDA - at least 10
GPS - at least 7
Archdale - at least 6
CHS - at least 6
FED - 2
CAS - 2
CSDA - 1 or 2

Remember though, states isn't the be all and end all of debating. Lots of great debaters try out, and there are a number of different forces at play that influence the way teams are picked.

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey Aka_the_think,

The Premiers Debating Championship is the public school competition which runs during Term 2 and 3. There is more info on the arts unit website but the last I checked High had made it to the regional final stage of the competition. Apologies, I effectively meant CHS when I mentioned PDC, as I believe that is the pool from which CHS reps squad is selected.

The two Abbotsleigh on the squad I am fairly sure were Kaity Crowe, and possibly Kendall Sheppard although I may be mistaken about her school.

The breakdown you provided is very interesting! Do we know exactly who the final twelve squad members were? From this forum I have already pieced together James S., Sophie, Seb, Imogen, Eden, Theodora, James P., Kaity, Kendall. If anyone else has info perhaps we can expand this list :)

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Premiers Debating Championship is the public school competition which runs during Term 2 and 3. There is more info on the arts unit website but the last I checked High had made it to the regional final stage of the competition. Apologies, I effectively meant CHS when I mentioned PDC, as I believe that is the pool from which CHS reps squad is selected.

Okay cool. I have heard of premier's, I just haven't come across the acronym before. I am still not entirely certain as to how the public school competitions work, but I have a rough idea. It could do with a bit of tidying up imo.

[/quote]Do we know exactly who the final twelve squad members were? From this forum I have already pieced together James S., Sophie, Seb, Imogen, Eden, Theodora, James P., Kaity, Kendall. If anyone else has info perhaps we can expand this list :)[/quote]

Add to that Liam Thorne and Brendan Ma. Eleanor Kirk is also there I think. I have seen the list, and at one stage I had access to it, although I can't find it now.

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to have you back Wallaby97. Between Pacino and Stratton, Grammar seem to have put together a formidable outfit this year (expected from the College Street lads). When does the season start? I've been meaning to get along to a debate for a while now and it sounds like this is the year to start.

If history has taught us anything its that the Jesuits are often the ones to really bring it on a Friday night. Riverview tend to be a real dark horse in this competition and it will be interesting to hear how they get along.

Newington are clearly this year's wild card but if memory serves me correctly pre-season talk doesn't often match results for the boys in black and white.

Scots, Joeys, Shore, Kings? aka_the_think? Scythe?

Hey Paul,

For your information the first round of GPS debating starts on the 25th of July. As you seem to be interested in the Sydney Grammar team I would higly recommend attending their first debate which is against Newington - looks set to be a cracker! If you do end up going please update us all on results/performances, especially given the likely calibre of the debate and the fact that many of the speakers will be in contention for the GPS Reps side. I have also linked the Sydney Grammar fixtures - its great to see some general public interest in schools debating. http://www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au/co-curricular/debating/gps/

-M

Wallaby97

Stan Wickham (3)
Paul that Grammar-Newington debate sounds like it could be a good one. I haven't been to a GPS debate for a while either, perhaps I'll see you there!

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey fellow debaters,
The second week of the holidays has really let the idleness set in for me, and as I was browsing the web I came across this debating competition - http://www.aidpsc.com/. Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum, because it doesnt seem like conventional debating, but it still seems like an interesting outlet for rhetorical pursuits! I am really interested in entering but am not entirely sure how the whole process works (I have fired off an email to the organisers), and I was wondering if anyone here had participated in this competition? I haven't heard of it before at all, which seems odd, and it looks like it's not very popular in NSW, but I am sure that there must be some schools that have participated. Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys.

-M

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey fellow debaters,
The second week of the holidays has really let the idleness set in for me, and as I was browsing the web I came across this debating competition - http://www.aidpsc.com/. Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum, because it doesnt seem like conventional debating, but it still seems like an interesting outlet for rhetorical pursuits! I am really interested in entering but am not entirely sure how the whole process works (I have fired off an email to the organisers), and I was wondering if anyone here had participated in this competition? I haven't heard of it before at all, which seems odd, and it looks like it's not very popular in NSW, but I am sure that there must be some schools that have participated. Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys.

-M

Hey Marcus,

I have heard/read a lot about this competition, and it's definitely intriguing. Last yer Ravenswood hosted it, and St. Kevin's (in Victoria) dominated the proceedings with at least 2 members making it into the Australian team that went to the world championship for this particular format.

I think you're right in saying that it's not overly popular - it's also not overly prestigious I don't think. From what I've seen it's a little mickey mouse, but it definitely looks entertaining/interesting. It's certainly something I'd love to be involved in.

I believe that it's being hosted at Moreton Bay Boys College in QLD this year. Who knows, maybe I'll be there.

On a side note, St. Aloysius' College (Milsons Point) won the annual Jesuit Schools Debating Carnival down in Xavier College, narrowly defeating Riverview in the final.

Have any other debating tournaments/fixtures gone down over the holidays? The Sydney Uni Senior Debating day has been postponed to the 25th of July, and that could definitely produce some interesting results.

Wolfey

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone wanna take a stab at predicting the results of all imminent competitions?

Heard from somewhere that Stratton's recently become heaps religious and has taken a vow of silence so potential favourites are now Newington for GPS. If that falls through then might go to Sydney Boys. Unfortunately Riverview doesn't look set to dominate with a weak team again. 1st speaker Adam Ryan is probably less suited to the front bench and more for the front row. overall GPS set to be a lot like Syria. this post probably isn't helping

Sydney Boys looking dandy to win CHS again this year. Rumour mill is that their 1st speaker recently recovered from amnesia and now remembers his name. Unfortuantely I don't, but either way the news is still worth noting. Pay attention to Theodora von Arnim from Sydney Girls. If Sydney Boys doesn't win then Sydney Girls definitely will. should be a cracker.

Over in CAS word on the street is that Trinity's bringing back the Anaconda. Am unsure as to how this strictly relates to debating, but if someone can whip it out as an example during a debate then this is sure to be a cracker. Cranbrooks looking to defend their title. Knox nipping at their heels. should be some fireworks.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Unfortunately Riverview doesn't look set to dominate with a weak team again. 1st speaker Adam Ryan is probably less suited to the front bench and more for the front row.

That is a very inappropriate comment and not relevant to this forum Wolfey, you should know better. Adam's a great speaker and a good guy - he'll help take Riverview to greater heights than you might suspect in term 3.

[/quote]overall GPS set to be a lot like Syria. this post probably isn't helping[/quote]

Semi-relevant - I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of debate about militarily invading a middle-eastern country, say Iraq, came up at some point. Certainly topical, and definitely not a debate that immediately favours the negative...

[/quote]Sydney Boys looking dandy to win CHS again this year. Rumour mill is that their 1st speaker recently recovered from amnesia and now remembers his name. Unfortuantely I don't, but either way the news is still worth noting.[/quote]

By all reports they're not going to well in CHS, which doesn't auger well for their chances in the GPS comp.

[/quote]Over in CAS word on the street is that Trinity's bringing back the Anaconda. Am unsure as to how this strictly relates to debating, but if someone can whip it out as an example during a debate then this is sure to be a cracker.[/quote]

Whilst not relevant, nor appropriate, this comment is valid purely for it's humour.

Outstanding work Wolfey, but make sure you adhere to forum etiquette more in the future…

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)
Congratulations to St. Aloys and Riverview, good to see NSW dominance in the national debating circuit.

I would imagine that most schools will have entered senior teams for the USYD debating day, however I do not believe that the tournament is run to produce a winner, meaning that there might be significant power mismatching that wouldn't be indicative of the relative merits of each team. Still, the results will be interesting.

Wolfey, jokes aside I'm tipping a Grammar and Newington showdown, but I cant imagine a scenario from that in which Stratton and Grammar do not emerge victorious.

You also seem to be misinformed regarding the progression of the CHS competition, Sydney Boys is very much dominating the senior field (rather expectedly). If you check the Arts Unit website the semi final contenders are Sydney Boys, Hurlstone Agriculture, North Sydney Girls and James Ruse, so Sydney Girls appears to have already been eliminated. In fact, I heard a rumour that Sydney Girls didn't enter a senior team this year? This seems unlikely though, can anyone confirm?

In Archdale news the end of term three left Abbottsleigh, MLC, SCEGGS and Ascham topping their groups (with SCEGGS and Ascham tied). My money would be on a SCEGGS and Abbottsleigh final, and as I have already stated, I believe SCEGGS is likely to prevail.

CAS, I'm less sure about, but Knox comes to mind. (and perhaps Aloys given their recent success)

Thoughts?

Marcus

Bob McCowan (2)
Also based of the collective knowledge off this forum and the format provided by aka_the_think, I put together a list of the twelve squad members and the schools/comps (the comps that are relevant for the Reps Season). I think this will give a good indication of the potential reps team make up, and how the schools will fare in comps, although as already noted, the NSWDU squad is certainly not the be all and all. Please correct if there are errors - I am not 100% certain on all the info.

Brendan Ma - James Ruse - CHS - Year 11.
Eden Blair - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 10.
Eleanor Kirk - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 11.
Imogen Harper - SCEGGS Darlinghurst - Archdale - Year 11.
James Pacino - Sydney Grammar - GPS - Year 12
James Stratton - Sydney Grammar - GPS - Year 12.
Kaity Crowe - Abbotsleigh - Archdale- Year 12.
Kendall Shepherd - Abbotsleigh - Archdale - Year 12.
Liam Thorne - Aloysius - CAS - Year 11.
Seb Rees - Newington - GPS - Year 12.
Sophie Large - SCEGGS Darlinghurst - Archdale - Year 12.
Theodora von Arnim - Sydney Girls - CHS - Year 12.

Schools summary
Sydney Girls: 3
SCEGGS Darlinghurst: 2
Sydney Grammar: 2
Abbotsleigh: 2
Newington: 1
James Ruse: 1
Aloysius: 1

Competition Summary
Archdale - 4
CHS - 4
GPS - 3
CAS - 1

Hope this helps :)

Paul Williams

Bob McCowan (2)
This list is being thrown around a lot. Things seem to have changed a lot since my time. A state squad with boys from only 2 GPS schools would have been unthinkable, particularly with no Shore or Kings boys in the mix. Has everyone else caught up or are they falling behind?

The Newington v Grammar fixture sounds like a must. I'll give up my traditional patronage for the night (just the once but it will be back to North Parramatta there after). I'll see you there Wallaby97!

Good to see that Marcus has joined to rival our resident expert aka_the_think in the stats department. Any decent news one week out from the start of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.