• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting score for Terrace . Were they at full strength? Or did they play a seconds side and Nudgee at full strength. What were the scores of the under age A teams . Some players would of been in the city and country teams
Interesting at GT would trial against NC then BBC before their first round ...

PommyPowerhouse3

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting score for Terrace . Were they at full strength? Or did they play a seconds side and Nudgee at full strength. What were the scores of the under age A teams . Some players would of been in the city and country teams
Not sure about 13's or 16s but both u14 and 15 GT out played NC considerable. Unless they have boarders missing they may have been a little under strength?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Not sure about 13's or 16s but both u14 and 15 GT out played NC considerable. Unless they have boarders missing they may have been a little under strength?

I think both schools were missing players due to rep duties (not u15) injuries (Gt from a rugby tournament during the week and NC from QJRU champs previous weekend) and holidays. So apart from also being a trial the games could only be seen as a guide rather than definitive.

I only saw the younger age groups before heading to Lang Park.

In the 15's despite GT losing majority of forwards from last year to older age group, due to new age rules, dominated up front giving the backs so much front foot ball that they found holes in the NC defense most of the day. A more experienced halves combination sealed the result for GT but it was hard for NC backs to do much when a lot of ball coming out was scrappy and under pressure. Not sure of final score but GT were up around 4 tries to 1.

In the 14's NC were down 8 players thru rep and injuries. GT were also down a couple as well. NC's depth in this age group is very good as it was a great contest. NC got off to a flyer with their winger capitalising on mistakes and cutting through some flimsy defense. However, to credit of GT they changed structure and hit back with No8 strong runs and offloads leading to some good tries and their winger then shutting down a lot of NC attacks. At end it was either GT up by a try or a draw.

In the 13's of little I saw, NC dominated up front but GT hung on by fingernails and got back into the match and I think forced a draw at the end. Both sides also lost some of their best players to rep duties.

PommyPowerhouse3

Frank Nicholson (4)
In the 15's despite GT losing majority of forwards from last year to older age group with new rules dominated up front giving the backs so much front foot ball that they found holes in the NC defense most of the day. A more experienced halves combination sealed the result for GT but it was hard for NC backs to do much when a lot of ball coming out was scrappy and under pressure. Not sure of final score but GT were up around 4 tries to 1.
Final score was 40 something 5, GT with a new 9 and the 10 last years 9. Correct?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Final score was 40 something 5, GT with a new 9 and the 10 last years 9. Correct?

I got around to that game just before the firsts and GT's 10 was a Lucas...

The nudgee firsts were disciplined and didn't drop much ball.
numbers #3, #8, #9, #12 and #13 all stood out. good go forward.

Terrace on the hand dropped/turned over/lost a lot of ball in ball handling/carrying errors. They seeemed more threatining then nudgee when they had the ball. numbers #3? (strapped head), #7,#10,#11,#14,#15 all looked good.

#10 from nudgee seemed withdrawn and quiet while #10 from Gt looked organised,composed and a leader in the team, #10 from Terrace kicking game was outstanding

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Think you need to watch the tape again or get a pair of glasses with two lenses ... From all reports the score was 52-26 and the number 10 was withdrawn... Lol... I guess everyone has a right to an opinion ... The NC 13 was very average in defence but excellent in attack .. The 9 and 10 were very good and the 3 and 4 carry the ball well for nudgee ... 7 was very average and 2 tried hard... Terrace backs were the best of their team with 7 best of their forwards but terrace will struggle this year with that forward pack.... They are playing us this week and nudgee will struggle against state high if they play like that again ... On the 10's from GT and NC both are very good players great kicking games and both good passing games although GT miss a few targets and NC force go many passes... GT got stood up twice by the other 10 and had more go forward... Don't compare players ever players have strengths and weakness... I find people only do that if they have a issue with one of the players... Question would be ... Would you like them both in your team..?....

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Chill out dude. As I said nudgee were the dominant team and terrace turned over ball. I said the nudgee 10 was quiet however I meant to say compared to #9 Pilz who is obviously their chief playmaker from the looks of things.

In regard to the tens, I was merely just trying to emphasise what 12 months can do to help fit someone into a role. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions aren't they RealDeal?

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Chill out dude. As I said nudgee were the dominant team and terrace turned over ball. I said the nudgee 10 was quiet however I meant to say compared to #9 Pilz who is obviously their chief playmaker from the looks of things.

In regard to the tens, I was merely just trying to emphasise what 12 months can do to help fit someone into a role. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions aren't they RealDeal?
No problem... Dude ... See how both the tens go against us and bshs this weekend... In my opinion they are both the best tens in the comp this year ...

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)

Was Horan the 10 for GT?

countrylad18

Frank Row (1)
Just seeing results from last year and going down in both the 16As and the first XV.

Aswell this would be ACGS best side on paper since 2005/06.

Don't rate IGS at all hey??

I think they will surprise a few people this year, big tough forwards that will not be over run to often IMO.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
In response to Realdeal's query on age group expectations....

I will leave the Firsts for another couple of weeks when team lists start to solidify.

I think Dark Shark was wise to wait until all trials/injuries & team lists are known before 1st XV predictions.

Some injuries from Nationals:

Qld I
BSHS Southorne (knee)
BSHS Tualima (Shoulder)
NC Mafi (ankle)
NC Pritchard (cork)
TSS Fittock (?)

Any Qld II player injuries?

BBC Gunter, Ngamu, Tuuaga should be back soon?
NC Is LMoseley playing rugby or AFL - if rugby at #15 or #10?
ACGS Perese?
BGS McCorley?

These are all key players for their teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.