• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think you were at Kings and View last term. Sounds like an improvement by Kings.

True.
Somewhat hesitant because the Kings faithful were not confident pre-game and I haven't seen New until today.
Kings looked better than they did but I don't know what I was meant to expect from NC.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Shore Boys were very brave today they never gave up and were unlucky to have not scored a few more meat pies, 10 and 15 for Shore were standouts.......... Scots barely got out of second gear and were minus numbers 2, 4, 10, number 11 was binned and lots of replacements came on....... that said they dropped allot of ball and looked a little rusty at times, 5,7,8,9,12 and 15 for TSC were the pick, the thing that really stood out for TSC was that every time there was a runner at least two players were with him, pop pass after pop pass and always lots of runners in tow........the next few weeks will be decisive as we all know........... the steak sandwich served with love by the Shore mums was the best on field.....................

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Shore Boys were very brave today they never gave up and were unlucky to have not scored a few more meat pies, 10 and 15 for Shore were standouts.... Scots barely got out of second gear and were minus numbers 2, 4, 10, number 11 was binned and lots of replacements came on... that said they dropped allot of ball and looked a little rusty at times, 5,7,8,9,12 and 15 for TSC were the pick, the thing that really stood out for TSC was that every time there was a runner at least two players were with him, pop pass after pop pass and always lots of runners in tow....the next few weeks will be decisive as we all know..... the steak sandwich served with love by the Shore mums was the best on field.......

Its called a pod system and apparently it is a sore point with those who played GPS 1s.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why would playing in pods be frowned upon?

Because it was not how some of the non TSC players knew how to play and I gather that some felt their chances of further honours may have foundered on the pod system.
A problem i do have with it is that TSC look to me like a team of 15 back rowers. Their short passing and the inside balls are all fine but there is a certain lack of subtlety once they are into the back field and needing to draw and pass.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Many teams @ juniors, schools, colts and grade use pod structures in their game plan. Not always with success.

Did they teach pods in JGC?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Because it was not how some of the non TSC players knew how to play and I gather that some felt their chances of further honours may have foundered on the pod system.
A problem i do have with it is that TSC look to me like a team of 15 back rowers. Their short passing and the inside balls are all fine but there is a certain lack of subtlety once they are into the back field and needing to draw and pass.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
True.
Somewhat hesitant because the Kings faithful were not confident pre-game and I haven't seen New until today.
Kings looked better than they did but I don't know what I was meant to expect from NC.

View beat NC confortably, but it was closer than the Kings/View match. I guess a close NC win would have been expected - well done to Kings for getting the win. They played what we expect to be the top 2 teams in the first 2 games and lost heavily. Good on them for putting the effort in and winning game 3.

How did Grammar go in the 3s?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Many teams @ juniors, schools, colts and grade use pod structures in their game plan. Not always with success.

Did they teach pods in JGC?

Nothing wrong with pods, I guess it becomes an issue when coaches only have a rep team for a couple of weeks and try to implement it when many of the team aren't used to it.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Stop looking at coaching terms and look at style of play......running from anywhere,holding the ball,forwards playing with the ball. Come and watch IS it's pretty to watch..... Just forget it's Scots and you might enjoy....tassie devil?

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
All Newington teams affected by a virus running rampant through the school at the moment. Other schools have had similar situations in the past and you just have to deal with it. But it may explain some unexpexted scores

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Stop looking at coaching terms and look at style of play..running from anywhere,holding the ball,forwards playing with the ball. Come and watch IS it's pretty to watch... Just forget it's Scots and you might enjoy..tassie devil?

I've seen it, thanks. I've heard it too. And i've seen it replayed on the big screen, just in case I missed it the first time.
It wins schoolboy premierships but it doesn't develop the essential skills for the day, just around the corner, when you meet a bloke as big and strong as you are who can tackle.
Then you need to be able to pass.
The pods are beside the point - they're just someone's excuse as to why they did not go further.

The Spaceman

Frank Nicholson (4)

Interesting comments there, watched the game against Shore today and what I observed was one of the best running and passing games I have ever seen from a Scots side. As for a lack of 'subtlety' as you put, I agree that's it not like we're watching Horwitz and Kellaway run around any more but some of the passing and decision making from the back today was outstanding. I was very impressed with their performance.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
looks like 3/3 picks for myself, Scots seem to be in very good form, id love too here a game report on the game. Joeys Vs Riverview, was a close encounter, less errors from Joeys in the first half would of seen them come up with more points early on, they played a very classy last 20 something i think they should take out of the game. Riverview started well early looked very good. Playing into the wind first half was hard, few mistakes, nerves settled once on the scoreboard. They wont be happy with the last 20 allowing joeys to have a sniff of victory, Pritchard cracker, Beau Peterson causing havoc with his running game. Overall Riverview better team on the day and came away with the points.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Interesting comments there, watched the game against Shore today and what I observed was one of the best running and passing games I have ever seen from a Scots side. As for a lack of 'subtlety' as you put, I agree that's it not like we're watching Horwitz and Kellaway run around any more but some of the passing and decision making from the back today was outstanding. I was very impressed with their performance.

Just trying to work out which score is the correct one - either way the bolded comments do not surprise me in the least in a scoreline like that.
I'm looking over the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.